Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Global Research - Reset

Quote Originally Posted by Fhinn View Post
    I am quite bemused as to why they would even consider this as a good idea in the first place! I am looking forward to the justification for making us repeat this 'content'. Colour me baffled.
    Most likely because FC never intended for a new server to be put online, and when AI was designed, didn't account for that at all - that is, they didn't build in a manual way to set and configure research. Therefore, the easy way out was to go, "Hey guys, time to do some global research! "

But the player blacklash has made them reconsider and begin to re-evaluate things on their end, as you can see in Vhab's post above me, research is currently broken on test. This implies to me that they are trying to come up with a way to set it to certain levels or thresholds.

Why did this not happen when RK3 was merged onto RK1 and RK2? Simply because that was nothing more than duplicating characters onto a new server and shutting down the old one. With this upcoming merge, RK1 isn't being moved onto RK2 and RK2 isn't being moved onto RK1. They are being combined and being put on a completely new, freshly installed, server.

Luna "Unluckful" Kerans
    220 || Shade

Meow. Meow. Meow.

Well, at first i was very much for research wipe.. Yay our 220's have something to do... but then veterans in our org informed me it took 2 years when AO was at it's peek of popularity to complete research. at this Rate it would take current population maybe 4-5 years? astonishingly to long. Also as president of an org I quite don't like having half org threaten to quit and go to WoW if global research is removed... something they worked and laboured for 2 years to complete. Veterans are nasty that way.

But! Researching is good, grinding is good!... So why not introduce new global research and keep old ones? And more.. do it every month, and after month ends let research expire, so we do not get power creep. For example, February one of 3 sides .. the one with most global research done gets +30 psychic for entire march.. (scalable so +30 at 220 and lower at lower levels, this kind of buff would be awesome for atroxes soldiers for example.. poor buggers still can't equip alpha chest), then top researchers of march would get say +30 intelligence in april,.. in april top side would get say +50 multi ranged in may... and so on. Every month some stat could be buffed, maybe via some kind of vote. Just imagine the competition and epicness.

Only benefit of global research I see is giving people something to grind on epic 220's, something to compete with other sides in pvm, afterall only other thing we have is gauntlet, and that is repeatetive. Research SK would be achievable in every way and at any level.

My idea would give power for limited time to people and only to one side, so potential for farming is endless. This should not be to hard to code, since all groundwork is already done.
    *Condensed Digest: FC please, do not remove global research becouse I don't want to see good people I love and care about leave. Please both sides, people who want to farm research and people who don't want to loose already farmed work.*
    Last edited by Georgesmith; Jan 25th, 2013 at 00:07:21. Reason: messed up a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Georgesmith View Post
    Well, at first i was very much for research wipe.. Yay our 220's have something to do... but then veterans in our org informed me it took 2 years when AO was at it's peek of popularity to complete research. a
    According to this post, it took neutrals on RK3 about 5 months to finish.

As long as we don't do Mechs and turrets and **** it shouldn't be too bad, but still ****ty nonetheless
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

If Global Research does end up reset either because they can't fix it on the new server or just because they like us to suffer then I would suggest they at least throw us a few bones by A: uncapping research and B: make AI Tech another line of Global Research so we no longer hafta perk it.
    On RK1: Legerdemain 220 Omni Advy - Battlestarr 220 Omni Sold - Manilow 150 Omni Keeper - Irkules 220 Omni Enf - Rancho 188-ish Omni Fixer - Legman 220 Omni Engi - Manblack 172-ish froob Omni MP - Hivvy 200 froob Omni Agent

On RK2: Kallark 150 Neut MA - Thunderballs 208-ish Neut Enf

Quote Originally Posted by Georgesmith View Post
    Well, at first i was very much for research wipe.. Yay our 220's have something to do... but then veterans in our org informed me it took 2 years when AO was at it's peek of popularity to complete research.
    It felt more like 6 months tops for Clans on RK2. 2 years is an awfully long time, and it wouldn't even take that long with just the 220s doing their last researches and splitting between personal + global.

Quote Originally Posted by Biancha View Post
    According to this post, it took neutrals on RK3 about 5 months to finish.
    Sounds about right.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

My humble appologies, I was missinformed then. 5-6 months is not to bad then, and we have daily missions now. In any case, I am for wipe... but i don't want to see good members of org leave in despair over it. I know AO is no game for wimps,... those have long packed up and left, but nevertheless I'd miss the few who threatened to leave .
    Last edited by Georgesmith; Jan 25th, 2013 at 07:48:05.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

You have to consider the factor that 220s had reason to grind inf mish for their own research at the same time, no such thing now...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567