Thread: (a few) Broken things: Pets & Xeno-Squad Patroller npc's

(a few) Broken things: Pets & Xeno-Squad Patroller npc's

I've done a bit of testing on the test server (doh) and i'm absolutelly horrified at the (lack of) AI on these wandering misfits called Xeno-Squad Patrollers.
    Now, this is not likely something new, but as far as i'm aware these guardhouses that spawn the npc's where rarely used on live, mostly like because they just suck and the houses needed to house them in gave no good benefits.
    Well they do now, +19 healdelta is nice, really nice so i'm sure a lot of orgs will star planting these small houses, the only real problem with them are the clueless, moronic npc's that you are forced to have hanging in the city.
    The xeno patrollers are propably the most broken npc i can recall atm, not only do they loooove to duel eachother, they also heal aliens, suicide frequently (Xeno-Squad Patroller was attacked with nanobots for 368453 points of unknown damage, out of nowhere when fighting) and god forbid if the manage to get the last hit on the general or any other alien the corpse instanly rots! A good way to waste a spawn.

And pets currently on test are also broken beyond belief, they might actually do what you tell them assuming you just spawned them and only tell them to attack, if you make the mistake of doing a /pet behind or /pet follow before it's game over until you zone with them, they will approach the target but then just ignore it and go back to you.
    I do hope this is a temporary bugg since they never use to do this sort of stupid things before.

Well that's some feedback, for now i guess i'll just have to hide the guards in some dark corner of the city so they never see the light of day or they will ruin my spawns...
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Jan 20th, 2013 at 00:25:11.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Actually its a bug with follow and behind, if you put pet in guard or wait they can attack again. The most funny part about this is that they wanted to have pet states stick when zoning, well, they broke 2 commands, changed so wait stucks after an attack, but as soon as you zone it jumps back to guard.