Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Show rent raise on buildings.

Show rent raise on buildings.

Now that rent is determined by the buildings you place in the city, both in number of buildings and their size, it would be very apreciated if in the description of the building, it would also tell how much that particular building would raise rent with.
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

Funcom employee

I will investigate if this can be done easily by code. If not, I don't have time to manually go through all the city buildings right now. Thank you for the feedback.

It would also be very very helpful to know the footprint size of the buildings in the descriptions so we know before we buy them whether or not they will fit, especially since some have new sizes.

Kinnik

I've just built a full city on a large plot on test live, and you can build every damn building on it, and still have plenty of excess space left... dunno how the small spot is though.
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

The small plot has these areas: 15x15, 10x10, 10x5, 5x5
    So not a whole lot of room for anything beyond the essentials.
    Tools: AOCrafter | AOcrayon | GUISelect | WebCrafter

- Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Maofex View Post
    I've just built a full city on a large plot on test live, and you can build every damn building on it, and still have plenty of excess space left... dunno how the small spot is though.
    Enough for small HQ, ECM, and Mining Ops, and that's about it, from what I saw. Kind of sad since I much rather prefer the backyardy feeling to the concrete jungle of the large plot.
    Because Race Yalm

I have to agree there Major.. I liked the athmosphere of the smal city much more than the big city also...

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    Enough for small HQ, ECM, and Mining Ops, and that's about it, from what I saw. Kind of sad since I much rather prefer the backyardy feeling to the concrete jungle of the large plot.
    Small city does not have room for Mining Ops unless you do not build ECM ... so no way to trigger raids.

Kinnik

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Small city does not have room for Mining Ops unless you do not build ECM ... so no way to trigger raids.

Kinnik
    Tbh, I'm guessing that is intended to fight the farming orgs...
    That said, I may not support such a change...

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    I will investigate if this can be done easily by code. If not, I don't have time to manually go through all the city buildings right now. Thank you for the feedback.
    Very disturbed by this.
    First off, the size of the building and the increase in cost are what I consider vital information on the same level as QL is. No excuse this was not addressed already. None at all! Poor planning and even poorer understanding of the player base.

Rebuilding our cities is a critical part of the merge. It is something that is going to make people happy or that they will leave over. You are treating it as an opportunity to enforce without option your view of how the game should be played. You have spoken about prices and that they are to encourage the formation or joining of large orgs. Who on this planet are you to tell me how to spend my in game time (which I pay for) and with who I should be spending it? Please enlighten me on this as right now it is pure arrogance to make such statements. Our org is a group of like minded people that actually sought out a SMALL org because they all did not like or want the large org experience. Again with the poor understanding of the player base. Getting to be a repeating theme way to fast for my liking.

On the subject of small orgs versus large orgs, let me enlighten you some since you obviously don't actually play the same game we do. There are these great things called Alliances that players have formed from many orgs that share a common feeling and play style about AO but don't all agree on the same day to day org mechanics. These Alliances are very active, I should know, because I host several of the chat bots for orgs and alliances. They bring together large amounts of people that can take on any of the current content. We don't have to have "large orgs" to do that. In fact having several smaller orgs has allowed events like all day city raids where the teams rotated through all the cities endlessly, getting great amount of loot for all involved. But if we were all one large org those events could not happen. You see it is clear that FC has not taken into account how we are playing the game or you have and want to enforce personal beliefs, which differ from the player base, on how it really should be played. See the theme again? I do.

If you do not have time to do the descriptions and information providing properly then perhaps pushing the merge happening anytime soon is not in the player bases best interest.

If you and FC feel this is a chance to enforce a certain play style on people then you might want to consider how many people are going to leave and let the bean counters run the numbers on that (all the restructuring makes it clear that bottom like is what matters to the execs). I suspect pissing away any positive cash flow by causing people to leave would not be in the best interest of the AO teams future employment or continuation of the game.

AO has a history of poorly executed launches with release and then SL, and now with merge it is shaping up quickly to be a repeat. Screw up the merge and this game is done. So just stop with post that come of as the one I quoted. Either do it right or let someone else do it that will do it right. In short do it right and that seems pretty simple point to understand.

Yes I ranted, but you know after two days of reading crap about the new player cities and some of the responses that FC has made I really think the game I loved is once more going in the wrong direction. If it was not FC I would ask just how many bad choices can a company make, but being FC I can say pretty confidently that FC is capable of making the wrong choice every time.

The proper response to all this feedback would have been "We are pulling back and re-evaluating the city changes right now. That last thing we want to do is make the game un-enjoyable for the players that have stayed and supported us all these years." Well it is safe to say the FC responses to date are not in that vain.

This rant is not directed specifically at Genele, though that is the response I just chose to quote and go off on. No this is directed at the whole FC. With the restructuring of FC and the fact a bean counter is the CEO now I am very worried that future updates and content along with timelines will be controlled by hard deadlines and cost. In the world of software there is "time, cost and quality" of which you can only control two.
    With bean counters at the top, time and cost are probably the choices that will be made and that means the quality of the game is going to suffer. Don't let the merge fall into this trap.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    Screw up the merge and this game is done.
    +1, and read whole wall FC, full of shiny nuggets o' truth.
    I make it look easy, 'cause it is to me.

Very disturbed by this.
    First off, the size of the building and the increase in cost are what I consider vital information on the same level as QL is. No excuse this was not addressed already. None at all! Poor planning and even poorer understanding of the player base.

Rebuilding our cities is a critical part of the merge. It is something that is going to make people happy or that they will leave over. You are treating it as an opportunity to enforce without option your view of how the game should be played. You have spoken about prices and that they are to encourage the formation or joining of large orgs. Who on this planet are you to tell me how to spend my in game time (which I pay for) and with who I should be spending it? Please enlighten me on this as right now it is pure arrogance to make such statements. Our org is a group of like minded people that actually sought out a SMALL org because they all did not like or want the large org experience. Again with the poor understanding of the player base. Getting to be a repeating theme way to fast for my liking.

On the subject of small orgs versus large orgs, let me enlighten you some since you obviously don't actually play the same game we do. There are these great things called Alliances that players have formed from many orgs that share a common feeling and play style about AO but don't all agree on the same day to day org mechanics. These Alliances are very active, I should know, because I host several of the chat bots for orgs and alliances. They bring together large amounts of people that can take on any of the current content. We don't have to have "large orgs" to do that. In fact having several smaller orgs has allowed events like all day city raids where the teams rotated through all the cities endlessly, getting great amount of loot for all involved. But if we were all one large org those events could not happen. You see it is clear that FC has not taken into account how we are playing the game or you have and want to enforce personal beliefs, which differ from the player base, on how it really should be played. See the theme again? I do.

If you do not have time to do the descriptions and information providing properly then perhaps pushing the merge happening anytime soon is not in the player bases best interest.

If you and FC feel this is a chance to enforce a certain play style on people then you might want to consider how many people are going to leave and let the bean counters run the numbers on that (all the restructuring makes it clear that bottom like is what matters to the execs). I suspect pissing away any positive cash flow by causing people to leave would not be in the best interest of the AO teams future employment or continuation of the game.

AO has a history of poorly executed launches with release and then SL, and now with merge it is shaping up quickly to be a repeat. Screw up the merge and this game is done. So just stop with post that come of as the one I quoted. Either do it right or let someone else do it that will do it right. In short do it right and that seems pretty simple point to understand.

Yes I ranted, but you know after two days of reading crap about the new player cities and some of the responses that FC has made I really think the game I loved is once more going in the wrong direction. If it was not FC I would ask just how many bad choices can a company make, but being FC I can say pretty confidently that FC is capable of making the wrong choice every time.

The proper response to all this feedback would have been "We are pulling back and re-evaluating the city changes right now. That last thing we want to do is make the game un-enjoyable for the players that have stayed and supported us all these years." Well it is safe to say the FC responses to date are not in that vain.

This rant is not directed specifically at Genele, though that is the response I just chose to quote and go off on. No this is directed at the whole FC. With the restructuring of FC and the fact a bean counter is the CEO now I am very worried that future updates and content along with timelines will be controlled by hard deadlines and cost. In the world of software there is "time, cost and quality" of which you can only control two.
    With bean counters at the top, time and cost are probably the choices that will be made and that means the quality of the game is going to suffer. Don't let the merge fall into this trap.
    Well said ...

Kinnik

Who on this planet are you to tell me how to spend my in game time (which I pay for) and with who I should be spending it?
    Game Director
    3ch
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Just want to point out a small detail. The game belongs to FunnyCoon and is managed by the developers. Like in every other game, all the constraints and rules that exist in the game were created by the developers.

But I have to admit. Nice rage post.

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    One presumes that a GD could delegate.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Not gonna comment on raising prices, but the reasoning for it makes imo little sense. This is maybe a VERY lazy, and effectless address to the lack of teams many experience. The lack of players to play the game with is due to the game being a incohesive experience of several seperate grinds. Fix that instead. =)

Working a little bit more clever on content (and transfer loot more around) would be a better idea. If arid was a solo-instance for doing that long quest then it would be more to do ai-raids with for example. Players are spread out so much, there is not so many 'congreations' where people meet up to for teaming anymore.

Good rule:
    Players wants loot >>> XP >>> Credits and will always take the shortest route 2 get 2 teh cheese.
    Last edited by leetlover; Jan 20th, 2013 at 08:35:00.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

This, billions of This.

I must add that this change is done at the worst time possible. After years of waiting for the engine the numbers of players dropped and the ability to meet the rent is an all time low.

The rent is also a poorly thought idea from the start, there is no point of asking a player to spend time and energy only to feed the continued existence of an asset for a month. We already doing so 8 hours a day, for the luckiest of us, and we are currently paying a sub for the ability to pay for an handful of benefits. This is ridiculous and I should have claimed so years ago when AI was out. There is no issue on the other hand in paying out of your nose once to plant a building, as such option been considered ?

I must also ask : Why are you encouraging orgs to merge ? Where is the benefit of having one large org spending 100m on a city vs 2 small orgs spending 25m ? You are speaking to people who played together for years, telling them to disband their decade old org because you feel it is better that way will not get through easily.

I also dislike the change for froobs. An org leader is a player who spent time and energy organizing a group of other players are did all his earnest to keep them in game and active. Even if he did not pay a dime for the game, this player went above other and added a direct contribution to the game through his personal effort. It is like blaming a search engine for linking you and bringing you people to your website, this is unlogical. Giving them the ability to administer the orgs without the benefit of the expansion make more sense. And what about sloobs org leaders? Taking away one granted ability all of sudden is Sony's domain.

In years of playing, I never disliked any patch. But this is close to a first.
    Last edited by Boltgun; Jan 20th, 2013 at 12:07:47.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

IMO small orgs should accept that they're small and that means limitations to what you can do. Raidbots and small orgs have ruined the feeling of community inside the game, making orgs largely useless to be in, making it feel like a bad thing to be good at managing a community and growing strong through numbers and skilled players. NO YOU ARE BAD, says the raidleaders, the small orgs and other jealous people who want everything that this community has.

Merge your orgs with someone you like. Join a bigger org. Find ways to continue playing and having fun, but please, don't kid yourself that the only way you can have fun in AO is by being in an org of 3 players, paying your city rent every month... I did it. Thrice. Because there was no longer any value to trying to keep a dead org going, or sitting as one of a very few players who actively sought out highend content and wanting an org to do it with. And you know what? Every time I did it, I found a new thrill in logging on to play. New people to talk to. New options. New ways to do things. Exciting changes.

Was it hard saying goodbye? Yes. Saying goodbye to something good is always hard. But when that good is no longer good for you, you have to see that, and make that change. I made the mistake of holding on to past glories for too long in all cases, and in the end I nearly quit all of the times. But man, was the game great again when you had new folks to play with, who wanted the same as you. People aren't as alien and hostile as some of you seem to think.

Also, on the topic of rent being "too high" please consider that a billion credits will hold a 150 milllion a month city for 7 months. If a whole group of players can't scrape together a billion in 7 months, from playing actively, then... surprise, they should probably reconsider their expenses.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Jan 20th, 2013 at 12:26:07.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

But i like being in a small Org ,so what ? Big Orgs means Big Problems and more Drama Queens ...i dont like them.
    Where are you do say me how i have to Play and hows the right way to Play, its my Decision.
    To the Topic i dont like the high price and i dont will pay so mutch for a City so i think im forced to Build a City with only 3 or 4 Buildings to keep it Payable ... Or i have too farm in the Time i have online to pay for a full city ,not the Fun i pay FC my Money for . I pay for Fun not to work IG
    its the same BS with the Reset of the Global Research ... to Force 220/70/30 player to do teammissis ...

Sure, but then you should understand and accept the limitations to your playstyle. Who are you to say that small orgs and one man groups should be the ones to dictate everything in the game?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast