Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Show rent raise on buildings.

What this game needs is ways for bigger orgs to pay more and receive even greater benefits.

Multiple cities, multiple raids, unique functions, unique bonuses.

Want a credit drain? Then have 1b a month from power orgs to finance huge benefits.

Really missed an opportunity here.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Who are you to say that small orgs and one man groups should be the ones to dictate everything in the game?
    I don't know the statistics, but if it turns out that there are say 100 active small orgs and 15 active large orgs ... then he and all the small orgs ARE the ones who have the right to say small orgs dictate and/or at least have a major say in how the game operates.

Kinnik

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    /snip
    Genele, please read this post. Read it AGAIN. Then read it again.

Very well said Lheann. I agree with most all of your points there.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

While we are considering providing the players with more information about a building before we buy it, tradeskill it, or plant it ...

1. Add the rent impact as indicated in the OP ... so we know we can afford it
    2. Add the foot print size ... 1x1, 2x2, 3x4, 4x4, etc. ... so we know it will fit
    3. Add a warning that duplicate buildings will not be Activated, but will increase the Rent.

Currently on TL the CC will allow you to plant any number of Guard Houses (we used to have two in our city) ... Now that the Guard House has a City Benefit ONLY ONE will ever become activated. Your org is still charged the incremental rent for each Guard House, but you won't get any benefits.

Kinnik

IMO small orgs should accept that they're small and that means limitations to what you can do. Raidbots and small orgs have ruined the feeling of community inside the game, making orgs largely useless to be in, making it feel like a bad thing to be good at managing a community and growing strong through numbers and skilled players. NO YOU ARE BAD, says the raidleaders, the small orgs and other jealous people who want everything that this community has.

Merge your orgs with someone you like. Join a bigger org. Find ways to continue playing and having fun, but please, don't kid yourself that the only way you can have fun in AO is by being in an org of 3 players, paying your city rent every month... I did it. Thrice. Because there was no longer any value to trying to keep a dead org going, or sitting as one of a very few players who actively sought out highend content and wanting an org to do it with. And you know what? Every time I did it, I found a new thrill in logging on to play. New people to talk to. New options. New ways to do things. Exciting changes.

Was it hard saying goodbye? Yes. Saying goodbye to something good is always hard. But when that good is no longer good for you, you have to see that, and make that change. I made the mistake of holding on to past glories for too long in all cases, and in the end I nearly quit all of the times. But man, was the game great again when you had new folks to play with, who wanted the same as you. People aren't as alien and hostile as some of you seem to think.

Also, on the topic of rent being "too high" please consider that a billion credits will hold a 150 milllion a month city for 7 months. If a whole group of players can't scrape together a billion in 7 months, from playing actively, then... surprise, they should probably reconsider their expenses.
    +1 Im really getting tired of this new entitlement generation in AO. If you cant afford, oh well.
    Big "T"
    President of Nocturnal Fear

I do agree more info needs to be made availlable to org in regards to the cost each of these buildings is going to raise their upkeep by
    Big "T"
    President of Nocturnal Fear

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    I don't know the statistics, but if it turns out that there are say 100 active small orgs and 15 active large orgs ... then he and all the small orgs ARE the ones who have the right to say small orgs dictate and/or at least have a major say in how the game operates.

Kinnik
    Not really, no. Devs should do everything in their power to discourage such small scale groupings. It's been killing the game hardcore over the last many years.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Not really, no. Devs should do everything in their power to discourage such small scale groupings. It's been killing the game hardcore over the last many years.
    "Zounds! I was totally wrong being in this org for 8 years, I will quit it and join a bigger one right now!"

That is not going to happen.

Rents build a sense a duty that does not belong to a game. I want to play a game and perhaps manage an org not work as an accountant and debt enforcer. No rent is of course just wishful thinking but at least I want to point not fun the AI cities can be.

Small org killing community? Everything I've been in says otherwise. There has been plenty of alliances, meetings and instance groups I'm not talking about anonymous raidbots but real joint efforts. I love it whenever we build a full neutral force.

Perhaps asking to try and view the game trough someone else's point of view is beyond this forum.

PS : I accept the limitations of my playstyle, that does not mean I have to accept further limitations. Let's not turn this into another one of those "Stop playing the game the way you like too" threads.
    Last edited by Boltgun; Jan 21st, 2013 at 11:53:52.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Sure, but then you should understand and accept the limitations to your playstyle. Who are you to say that small orgs and one man groups should be the ones to dictate everything in the game?
    Nobody said small groups should be the ones to dictate everything.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    "Zounds! I was totally wrong being in this org for 8 years, I will quit it and join a bigger one right now!"

That is not going to happen.

Rents build a sense a duty that does not belong to a game. I want to play a game and perhaps manage an org not work as an accountant and debt enforcer. No rent is of course just wishful thinking but at least I want to point not fun the AI cities can be.

Small org killing community? Everything I've been in says otherwise. There has been plenty of alliances, meetings and instance groups I'm not talking about anonymous raidbots but real joint efforts. I love it whenever we build a full neutral force.

Perhaps asking to try and view the game trough someone else's point of view is beyond this forum.

PS : I accept the limitations of my playstyle, that does not mean I have to accept further limitations. Let's not turn this into another one of those "Stop playing the game the way you like too" threads.
    Noone said you have to if you don't want to. All these years, I've never experienced the rent as anything you had to even consider. There was enough credits in the bank from tax and sales tax. Even if it's increased 300% I'm sure we won't even feel it... and if you need more, add a bit of tax. When I was in AvR we had a 40k tax, because we used the money to better the org, and it was completely unnoticable. I figure when the org died that was a nice credit sink.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Noone said you have to if you don't want to. All these years, I've never experienced the rent as anything you had to even consider. There was enough credits in the bank from tax and sales tax. Even if it's increased 300% I'm sure we won't even feel it... and if you need more, add a bit of tax. When I was in AvR we had a 40k tax, because we used the money to better the org, and it was completely unnoticable. I figure when the org died that was a nice credit sink.
    Are you saying your org died because of its 40k org tax and now you are suggesting we all start an org tax to be able to cover our rent?

Kinnik

Are you saying your org died because of its 40k org tax and now you are suggesting we all start an org tax to be able to cover our rent?

Kinnik
    wat.

Kinnik
    Ask yourself that question and see if it makes sense then.
    The Red Brotherhood

Good for you, still bad for me. While you can forget about this, I had to motivate the troops around the rent before and that is not something I'd like to try again. Our plan to farm on weekends was rejected back then with very good arguments : That you should not wish anyone to spend their casual time paying an upkeep.

I'll try to set milestones for the reconstruction of our city, and keep it small. But truly I would not mind starting over with a more enjoyable system. Either you bury the upkeep with money or you are annoyed regulary, I have yet to see someone who find the rent enjoyable and fun to fight.

I dare not to wonder about a fresh new org's point of view.
    Last edited by Boltgun; Jan 21st, 2013 at 17:21:39.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Ask yourself that question and see if it makes sense then.
    It did sound "off" to me, that is why I asked ... otherwise why did you bring up the org tax if not a suggestion for paying these new rents?

Kinnik

so what makes a 'large' org and a 'small' org? The amounts of ppl in org and offline or having a dozen on at the same time a few times a week?

Now if funcom would give upkeep tiers based on the numbers in the org, that would promote orgs, but also quantity over quality.

As far as Genele delegating... you are making an assumption there is someone to delegate to.

I would make an educated guess that Montreal will be the new support center. They do have a labor agreement w/ Oh Canad'eh.

It did sound "off" to me, that is why I asked ... otherwise why did you bring up the org tax if not a suggestion for paying these new rents?

Kinnik
    Because it's a way to generate income from players when they're not actively using the market to sell stuff.
    The Red Brotherhood

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12