Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Server Merge - How to save your backpack names

I found the only way to get this to effectively work was to
    a) Do not update AOIA to the new items database when you start it - some things have been renamed and will cause the compare to fail.
    b) put both exports in the same folder as the script so you don't need to include directories
    c) put a single quite (") in front of the AO prefs directory, but none on the end, this will help the argv parser preserve the end \

ie:
    php merge.php PRE.csv POST.csv "C:\Users\<your account name>\AppData\Local\Funcom\Anarchy Online\fee9508\Anarchy Online\Prefs\<AO account name>\Char<new char ID>\
    Last edited by Dream; Feb 28th, 2013 at 02:16:11.
    Equilibrium may refer to: The condition of a system in which all competing influences are balanced, in a wide variety of contexts
    Infinity may refer to: The state or quality of being infinite. A number greater than any assignable quantity or countable number (symbol ∞).
    Vengeance may refer to: Vengeance (concept) or revenge, a harmful action against a person or group in response to a grievance

AO Item Assistant+ :: https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoiaplus/::

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dream ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Not a rant, not a flame. Just another perspective."

Quote Originally Posted by Misat0 View Post
    Strangely I did the AOIA parts with version 1.1.3.0 as I didn't notice it was an old version and this worked.
    Slightly confused with this post. In OP, u mentioned it had been tested with 1.1.4.0 but you just said you did the AOIA parts with 1.1.3.0.... Did you actually run this with the newer version?

I was happy enough running the older version and updated to newest just because you mentioned you had tested with 1.1.4.0 and I'm getting some weird inconsistencies with new version so thinking of dropping back to 1.1.3.0
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeasaukko View Post
    weird bug with bank terminal in AOIA (image)
    I'm getting this same bug, albeit without the crashes.

I opted to just start over from scratch, including a fresh install of the latest version of AOIA with my old .db file deleted, and rename everything manually, but it isn't logging my new bag names. Next, I tried with the oldest version of AOIA, but still get the two same problems, fractal bank subfolders and no bag names.

Any ideas? It seems to be tracking the items themselves fine, but not having the corresponding bag names is going to get tedious very quickly.

everything happens so much

I got the recursive bp thing to. restarting aoia fixed it.

I'm able to run the script using dreams method, but all I get is a bunch of nonbp item entries in the log file and no renamed backpacks

There's something not right with how AOIA is currently working after server merge. I'm getting instances of logging everything into IA then when i zone, whole BPs go missing from the logged db and even when i go and try and log that bp again, IA doesn't see it anymore. Because of this, I'm not using the script that misato provided yet as i can't be sure it'll pick up everything.

Have mentioned it in the main IA thread so hopefully the coder sees it and fixes it

Quote Originally Posted by cybertron View Post
    Slightly confused with this post. In OP, u mentioned it had been tested with 1.1.4.0 but you just said you did the AOIA parts with 1.1.3.0.... Did you actually run this with the newer version?

I was happy enough running the older version and updated to newest just because you mentioned you had tested with 1.1.4.0 and I'm getting some weird inconsistencies with new version so thinking of dropping back to 1.1.3.0
    OK, need to detail this a bit:
    • The pre and post exports for the test merge where done with 1.1.4.0 (that's why I mentioned that version in the OP)
    • The pre and post exports for the live merge where done with 1.1.3.0 (by accident, as I didn't notice)

All exports where done after updating AOIA item database to the latest version at the respective time, then logging through all characters and then exporting.
    Also I used a cleaned AOIA for the post merge exports (means: I deleted AOIA db, binfile folder and item db, then starting AOIA, let it rebuild the items db and then logging through my characters).

Quote Originally Posted by cybertron View Post
    There's something not right with how AOIA is currently working after server merge. I'm getting instances of logging everything into IA then when i zone, whole BPs go missing from the logged db and even when i go and try and log that bp again, IA doesn't see it anymore. Because of this, I'm not using the script that misato provided yet as i can't be sure it'll pick up everything.

Have mentioned it in the main IA thread so hopefully the coder sees it and fixes it
    That would explain what I found while looking into the merge.log file provided by Wyldebeast. It looked like their AOIA did not export a single item <-> backpack relation (looking like they had all their items just plain in inventory and bank, which was not really the case) both pre and post merge. Sadly AOIA seems to have some serious issues for some people :/
    Last edited by Misat0; Mar 1st, 2013 at 14:04:01.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Thanks for the script.
    It worked perfect!

Have a question on the script...

At the end of the script, you have a section that "updates the dock areas"

eg. the log says:
    DockArea updated: C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Funcom\Anarchy Online\380d4cb1\Anarchy Online\Prefs\[AccName]\[CharId]\DockAreas/DockArea427.xml

From what i can read of the code, its supposed to go to that DockAreaXXX.xml and change any references of the old BP id to the new BP id(typically stored in that xml in the "docked_view_identities" key)? Please correct me if I'm wrong

For some reason or other, when I run it on my computer, its renaming all all old BP ids in the Containers directory to the new BP Ids(so that part works), but it doesn't seem to be doing the string replace in the DockAreaXXX.xml properly to replace the old BP Id to the new BP id....

So what I end up with is a Container_51017x809137.xml that has been renamed to the new BP Id, and has a reference to the DockArea427.xml but in that DockArea xml, there's still a key referencing the old BP Id

Unfortunately, the PHP link on the first page, http://windows.php.net/downloads/rel...32-VC9-x86.msi, now gives a "The page cannot be found" message. Since Misat0's post, the PHP folks have come out with a new version & adjusted their website accordingly.

If you want to stick to the same version Misat0 used, it's now in the Archives:

http://windows.php.net/downloads/rel...32-VC9-x86.msi

If you want to use the newer version, download:

http://windows.php.net/downloads/rel...32-VC9-x86.msi
    Last edited by Dako-ta; Apr 5th, 2013 at 09:51:45. Reason: Updated information

A question remotely linked to this thread.

Do you know where the backpack types (Small, Large, Xlarge, Cardboard box etc) are stored?

If a backpack is given a custom name a new entry, such as below, is written to the container file. If the name is default the line is missing and I'm failing locate where the type is indicated.

Code:
        <String name="container_name" value='&quot;MyBackpackName&quot;' />
    EDIT. Can't be done. Not enough info on client side.
    Last edited by Berim; Jun 20th, 2013 at 10:03:01.
    Berim, Lacian, Greyd, Misterburns, Techro and Hockenberry

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234