Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Server Merge - How to save your backpack names

Ah, understood! Shame, it would have made life so much simpler lol

Thanks for the script Misat0, I have a feeling in lieu of FC coming up with a solution this is going to save many people a lot of work!
    Equilibrium may refer to: The condition of a system in which all competing influences are balanced, in a wide variety of contexts
    Infinity may refer to: The state or quality of being infinite. A number greater than any assignable quantity or countable number (symbol ∞).
    Vengeance may refer to: Vengeance (concept) or revenge, a harmful action against a person or group in response to a grievance

AO Item Assistant+ :: https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoiaplus/::

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dream ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Not a rant, not a flame. Just another perspective."

Quote Originally Posted by Misat0 View Post
    That are source code packages. Sorry for being unclear on that.

I have added a download link to the Windows installer to the original post.
    Thank you

I told you I didn't know PHP

Kinnik

I'm currently trying to port Misat0's code to a standalone executable. Hope i find enough time

Do these steps include or take into account that all our character ID's will be new after the server migration? Or, does AOIA look to the character nickname for matching things up?

I have already made a list of my current character ID's mapped to their nicknames from when we were thinking we could just copy our pref folder contents as-is.

Kinnik

The character ID doesn't matter for the script as you'll just pass the characters new preference directory to the script (3rd parameter).

But you need to rebuilt your AOIA database anyway as it has the old IDs of backpacks stored.

So you do the export from AOIAs databaes before the marge o get a file containing old IDs and an export from the AOIA db after the merge to get the new IDs and the script matches both.

@Solaar Sounds nice. Makes things a bit easier for users
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Thank you so much for your help in this ...

My plan will be to keep my toons current on AOIA over the next few days or longer and once the 18.6 patch is available for Live I will first back up my preferences and then patch.

Hopefully it will all work and I can follow your instructions correctly.

Kinnik

Edit: If it does not work, is the worse case I must re-set-up my AOIA database?
    Last edited by Kinnikinnick; Jan 22nd, 2013 at 01:49:31.

Not only if, you have to re-setup it as it may contain old/broken data otherwise. I think I need to state this more clearly in the instructions.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness

[ The Foolish Testers ]

Very nice!
    Thank you for this.
    Now if we only knew exactly when the merge will happen so we can make sure our AOIA database is up to date before the merge...
    DROP TABLE AO.Secret_Nerf_Table

AOSpeak Site
    Join AOSpeak, the Anarchy Online Teamspeak 3 server!
    Send /tell speak help for more information.

Fixed a non-critical bug, where the script tries to backup a non-existent file. Please re-download.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]

[ The Foolish Testers ]

So, I have absolutely no idea about PHP. Went to the site since I heard that the merge will happen -tomorrow- ... my AOIA files should be pretty much up to date, but I am not even sure which version I should download ...
    http://windows.php.net/download/ <- what is VC9 and all that? Would it also work if I download the newest version which is 5.4? And where do I have to install it anyways? Any kind of help is much appreciated here...

Edit: the link in the original post for the installer is broken >.< ... found the version I should download, have it unzipped, but no idea how to go on further with it...

I have the ugly feeling I'll still end up re-naming -everything- on 2 paid and 2 froob accounts ...
    Last edited by Thaylia; Feb 25th, 2013 at 23:24:10.
    Thaylia - Martial Artist
    Spellseeker - Nanotechnician
    Kahja - Doctor

"Authenticity is achieved by saying what you´re doing, and doing what you´re saying." - Johannes Rau
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Socializer 80%, Explorer 53%, Achiever 53%, Killer 13%

I have updated the direct PHP download link in the first post to the current version.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]

[ The Foolish Testers ]

Thank you
    Thaylia - Martial Artist
    Spellseeker - Nanotechnician
    Kahja - Doctor

"Authenticity is achieved by saying what you´re doing, and doing what you´re saying." - Johannes Rau
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Socializer 80%, Explorer 53%, Achiever 53%, Killer 13%

Thanks for the great guide!
    Just a shame that we, players, have to arrange this stuff ourselves...

Just felt like chiming in to this thread as it became quite important today.

Unfortunately i did not manage to complete the windows-tool i had planned for this (severe lack of time), so we all best stick to using Misat0's nice script. It'll do the trick anyways.

Does it work as intended?
    Anyone tried it out yet?
    Procrastinate Now!

I indeed did And yes, so far (8 characters done) it worked as expected.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]

[ The Foolish Testers ]

My only problem has been that I haven't been able to open AOIA after AO patch & merge. Even tried to reinstall AOIA but it stops working after asking location for AO.. AOIA worked just fine before patch but not anymore. :/ And without AOIA I can't make those after merge files for characters..
    Mizufluffy (220/30/??) MA # Hopeasaukko (216/27/??) NT # Mustarotta (100/10/28) Crat
    Mustarotta's Foreman (Biomare) Service for Hire (unavailable)
    Some of my froobs on RK2: Neuzoire, Denzyr, Hinami, Hinachan, Zetblanc, Dalanope, Chenin, Reandway (I'm more active on characters with yellow name)

A few more noob pointers would be appreciated. I did as was instructed in the first post and ran the php command from the commandline. All I get is a description of what the script does, nothing else happens. What am I doing wrong? Should I put the files in a specific directory and run it from there? Or should I run the script from something other than the windows command line? Any pointers are welcome.
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

yup, trying this too, no idea wtf php is or what it does or how it works. Is the script that we are supposed to download supposed to be saved somewhere specifically, or is that the thing we are supposed to use, or type stuff into?

why am i having to spend my time sorting out hundreds of backpacks, messing about with scripts PHP and scripts, and %appdata% bollocks instead of playing?!!? /rant
    Varsbot
    Variable004

If you do not have the correct number of command line arguments the script will exit with the usage message.

Ensure that you run it
    Code:
    php merge.php PreMergeCharFilename PostMergeCharFilename PathToNewPrefsFolderIncludingCharID
    What is most likely happening for you if you are including all 3 arguments, is that one or more of them contain spaces which get interpreted as multiple arguments, ie. `PreMerge Wakizaka.csv` would be interpretted as 2 seperate arguments of PreMerge & Wakizaka.csv thereby throwing off the command line parsing.

If this is the case, wrap your arguments that contain spaces in quotation marks ["] to ensure the PHP parser reads it as 1 argument instead of potentially more.

EDIT: The script exits with the following types of messages depending on the fault at hand.

• Prints a help/usage message about the script
    • You have the incorrect number of arguments provided. Identify which args are at fault and fix
    • Prints a message stating one or more of your files are not readable
    • Ensure that the files are in the current directory, or a full path is included.
    • Prints a message stating that your Dock/Chat Areas don't exist/not writeable.
    • Check the path supplied for the Char is correct, and ensure you have privileges to write to said path.
    Last edited by Wakizaka; Feb 27th, 2013 at 11:17:22.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast