Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Testlive post merge - noticed stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    Here is a list of things I noticed.

Our org has one of the highest rent plots on RK1 at 168m a month so I was happy to see that all the benefical building on a large plot came to 112m on test server. Problem is we lost all our decorations and whompas to have this price and best I can tell to have them back will mean being right back near our current RK1 cost. I have lots to think about on layout of the new city.

Why is the swimming pool not in the voucher pack? I hope this is a mistake. We worked to have ql300 buildings for all benefit giving ones on our current plot and having to farm back any one of those feels like being cheated in this process. I also feel for orgs that need a ql300 pool for some reason and no longer have active players with the skills to make a ql300 building.

Opinion:
    A middle size city that can hold a large HQ and the 5 other beneficial building (no guard house) and a whompa or two would be a nice add. Really the current instanced city layout on live.

If it was truly visual for me, then the large plot would be a non-starter just on appearance.

You probably will want to farm the items for advance structures prior to merge and maybe even have all the non voucher building bagged up.

The forced layout of the large city is crappy. I much better like the outdoor cities on live that have areas big enough to allow for board customization. Right now pretty much every large city will get laid out the same as there is just no other way to have them. The slight variances will not count for much given the overall layout.

Notes:
    You have to have 10 inventory slots open to use the city voucher.
    Make sure you use the voucher to purchase the city plot or you will get shorted the credits. I hope FC has a plan in place for this happening because you know it is going to happen that someone presses purchase vice using the voucher items on the city terminal.

Overall my experience went smooth but I stand by my rant in the other thread. There is a lot being forced on us. The renaming of toons sure could be handled better.
    For me the city package was also missing the Swimming Pool plus the Landing Pad and the new Guard House (with heal-delta added). These and other buildings are at least available to purchase from Tower shop if you want to or don't have the tradeskiller anymore for ql 300 bldgs.

I am surprised you built all the beneficial buildings and only had rent of 112M, unless you meant only the ones in the voucher pack. I came to 135M - 140M after I bought and planted the swimming pool, landing pad and guardhouse.

A medium city would be nice, or optional layouts to choose from perhaps ... or at least mixing up the large, medium and small building slots a bit more. I would keep room for a Guardhouse in the medium city though, heal delta is a nice benefit.

Regarding miss-using the city-plot voucher ... I clicked wrong for my test city and spent 500M from my toon's credits ... oops ... lots of petitions potential here. I would suggest to all org leaders that they deposit their credits in the GMI or the org bank so that you are "broke" when you buy/use-voucher to obtain your city.

If you lost a toon name to a smaller toon or if your toon is "old" turn in a Bug Report here on the forums to see if it is correct.

Kinnik

Here is a list of things I noticed.

There are some window resizing issues. Example I have my banks as 6 wide. That worked as I have filled them over the years but on test I cannot get there now as my bank is full on several toons. I am not sure how I will get this one fixed but it also effect back packs and inventories. Getting everything set back up like it was pre-merge will be a lot of work and time.
    Use unsorted option from sorting menu resize the window and then you can go back to old one, applies to inventory too.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

I noticed the small city has the sharks outdoors in the pond instead of on display like in the large HQ ...

Be careful when you jump in for a swim ...

Kinnik

Now I'm getting worried for our city I don't want to lose any of our complete set of QL300 buildings (especially that Sauna!)

I hope these are just bugs that'll be nailed by the time of the merge...

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

A middle size city that can hold a large HQ and the 5 other beneficial building (no guard house) and a whompa or two would be a nice add. Really the current instanced city layout on live.
    This. A thousand times this. I loaded up my plot with every useful building and it still feels pretty empty. So much concrete.

Could we please please please trade some for more greenspace?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    I am surprised you built all the beneficial buildings and only had rent of 112M, unless you meant only the ones in the voucher pack. I came to 135M - 140M after I bought and planted the swimming pool, landing pad and guardhouse.
    ? I was at 107.5 with HQ, Mining Ops, Grid House, Guard House, Silo, Sauna, and Pool.

The tax building is such a joke. Who in their right mind is going to pay 10m/month to put another 4% tax on their shops?
    Last edited by MajorOutage; Jan 22nd, 2013 at 18:31:47.
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    This. A thousand times this. I loaded up my plot with every useful building and it still feels pretty empty. So much concrete.

Could we please please please trade some for more greenspace?

? I was at 107.5 with HQ, Mining Ops, Grid House, Guard House, Silo, Sauna, and Pool.

The tax building is such a joke. Who in their right mind is going to pay 10m/month to put another 4% tax on their shops?
    When I said a fully built large city cost 135M that was the base rent of 15M, HQ 20M, Sauna 5M, Gridhouse 5M, Silo 15M, Mining Ops 10M, ECM 10M, Sat Uplink 5M, Guardhouse 5M, Pool 17.5M, Landing pad 17.5M ... these add up to 125M, with the Tax Refund bldg it would be 140M.

These are the prices I saw when I built a large neutral city on TL. Your total doesn't seem to have the ECM so you can trigger a raid or the Sat Uplink which might be optional. If you wanted wampa's to exit other than with the Gridhouse or shuttle exit, they are 2M each.

Kinnik

These are the prices I saw when I built a large neutral city on TL. Your total doesn't seem to have the ECM so you can trigger a raid or the Sat Uplink which might be optional. If you wanted wampa's to exit other than with the Gridhouse or shuttle exit, they are 2M each.
    125-17.5 (no landing pad in my city) = 107.5

The tax building is 15M? Haha even more of a joke.
    Because Race Yalm

Not sure where to post this question ...

What will the server name be for the new server post 18.6 ... for purposes of testing our org-chat bots for post migration?

I noticed that on Extended info for any given toon they have a Server ID ... 30xx for RK1, 31xx for RK2 and 39xx for TL.

Do we know what the number is for the new server? Or, do chatbots use a different piece of information to tell which server they are on?

Can chatbots be modified in advance to accept the first two digits of this Server ID field to define the server? We all could just check it post-merge and configure our chatbots after we move our chat-toon over to the new server.

Just a thought. Obviously I do not know how chatbots work, all I do is click on the short-cut to start it up.

Kinnik

You can make as many guest keys to the new cities as you have room in inventory, Nice! Maybe you could before with Serenity Islands ...

Also, froob members of your org can join you for org activities in the new cities. They can even go in the buildings, however, they can not use the t/s item in the HQ and the Sauna relaxing state does not upload relaxed xp boost.

Kinnik

What will the server name be for the new server post 18.6 ... for purposes of testing our org-chat bots for post migration?
    Given there will be only one, it should just be called Rubi-Ka
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

it'll be called atlantean. obviously.

Nope, "Atlantimor Welt" it'll be.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

I noticed that on Extended info for any given toon they have a Server ID ... 30xx for RK1, 31xx for RK2 and 39xx for TL.

Do we know what the number is for the new server? Or, do chatbots use a different piece of information to tell which server they are on?

Can chatbots be modified in advance to accept the first two digits of this Server ID field to define the server? We all could just check it post-merge and configure our chatbots after we move our chat-toon over to the new server.

Just a thought. Obviously I do not know how chatbots work, all I do is click on the short-cut to start it up.

Kinnik
    Bots just connect directly to the chat server through a different port depending on which dimension they're supposed to be on. The simplest way to handle the merge is to just forward both ports to the new one.

This bring up another question, though - will we have to log in to bot accounts manually to activate them on the new server?

EDIT. I just pinged each of the chat servers. RK1 and TL resolve to the same host. RK2 is run from the next IP up, which surprised me, actually.
    Last edited by MajorOutage; Jan 26th, 2013 at 21:12:41.
    Because Race Yalm

i recall someone mention that numerically, rk1 is 1 rk2 is 2 dnw is 3, testlive is 9 and the new server will be 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    Rimor or Rimean you silly ;D
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    It would make sense to call it after the superior server.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Hey devs aren't allowed to troll or lie... ;D

Some might find this abit of a stretch, but...

rimor
    Verb
    probe, search, explore
    And Plato first wrote about exploring Atlantis in his work Timaeus.

So that's what gets my vote.
    Last edited by MajorOutage; Jan 26th, 2013 at 21:40:50.
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Since the superior server is Testlive, of course, the new server will be called "Live Testlive, live"?
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Hey devs aren't allowed to troll or lie... ;D
    Sadly Vhab is taking his ball and going home to Europe. I guess he is allowed to troll again now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast