Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Merge

TL is back up!

Or not....

It tells me I must select a valid dimension lol
    Screwed over for the last time.

Go find a new game to play, this one no longer deserves respect.

Funcom employee

TL is up internally. It'll remain unavailable until a series of tests are completed and successful.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Umm.... I see my live froobs...

But I do not see my TL characters at all.

I really do hope you get this ironed out, cause I actually.. yknow... leveled my characters on TL.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by -Bugsplat View Post
    Umm.... I see my live froobs...

But I do not see my TL characters at all.
    We had to wipe TL characters, unfortunately. This was a last-minute decision. TL is now a copy of Live... if your characters on TestLive look exactly like your characters on Live from when we took the snapshot (today), then you will have no issues during the merge. On the other hand, if your character is missing an item or doesnt exist or something, then unless you report that... it will be also broken when we do the merge on Live*

(*not really, presumably it would affect multiple people and/or we'd see it in the logs)
    Last edited by Ilaliya; Jan 18th, 2013 at 23:48:39.

Well, screw this game.

You just took away the only possible reason I had to come back.

This is a bad way to treat the testers who spent years testing your content and serving your players.

Yeah, blah blah blah test server is expendable. I get it. But it doesn't change the fact that I spend years and cash to test your content and all I get in return is a big middle finger.

Well, screw this game.

This is a bad way to treat the testers who spent years testing your content and serving your players.

Yeah, blah blah blah test server is expendable. I get it. But it doesn't change the fact that I spend years and cash to test your content and all I get in return is a big middle finger.
    " and we cannot guarantee your characters' safety. We may from time to time have to do "player wipes" (i.e. erasing all player characters from the server),"

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=390222

WhyCantWe "Belp" BeFriends
    Hate "Belph" Shade
    "Belph0" Mk2
    Care "Calming" Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashford View Post
    I think your cute <3

You can't possibly sit there and say these things with a straight face when you know that test live has been wiped multiple times throughout the years.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

*bug report* Well I have found one bug only 8 character slots are avaliable...

On behalf of your organization you have received a City Resettlement Beacon.

Omni-Tek Tax Refund Office
    NODROP
    Quality level: 200
    Charges: 1 (Splitable)
    Description:
    A tax refund office which allows citizens of an Omni-Tek town to claim back a percentage of the global market sales tax.

Omni Sauna
    NODROP
    Quality level: 1
    Charges: 1 (Splitable)
    Description:
    A sauna which allows citizens of an Omni-Tek city to relax.

Everything is here!

/org bank works, ranks are ok, items are all there, perks are the same... Cities are beautiful. I almost cried! Outstanding!

Large plot with all essentials holds 100mil, I have not tested if decorations raise upkeep, overall everything looks in order, and well done. Everything as promised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    You can't possibly sit there and say these things with a straight face when you know that test live has been wiped multiple times throughout the years.
    Hmm, hard to tell if hes serious or is joking. But judging by the vulgar words and the signature he is serious. Dont see what the big deal is when test has that guy that gives out levels and items and I am sure if you ever need an item not listed you can ask someone to spawn you one.

I still dont get it. Bugsplat, you are a mystery to me, and that is weird and scary.

Is it normal for a character to have a name like "Dude24734582" or something like that?

Wiping TestLive is always possible, even without any prior notice.
    You, I and everyone else accepted that rule(!) the very moment we created a character there.
    It happened before and it will happen again, please get over it.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Quote Originally Posted by BytEfLUSh2 View Post
    Is it normal for a character to have a name like "Dude24734582" or something like that?
    Seems to be so for the char which didn't get name. My RK1 name holders seem to be named like it.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Ahh, I saw an MP floating around in ICC with such a name, so I wondered if it's a bug.

And now Genele has a name like that.

Um, once... well, twice now.

But yes, a wipe is always a possibility... still, kinda sucks all the same.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Quote Originally Posted by BytEfLUSh2 View Post
    Ahh, I saw an MP floating around in ICC with such a name, so I wondered if it's a bug.

And now Genele has a name like that.
    That was probably my mp. Yeah her name is Poff24.......<long string of numbers I don't rem>

Funny that none of my other characters on that account have that issue. But she was made only recently and I had only one character from RK1. Maybe it has to do with she was in the 9th character slot.

Hmmm I'll have to try another account tho I didn't play much on RK1 and some of my accounts are not active atm.

Additional info: okay on another account with 10 characters (some from RK1) 3 of the 10 have numbers tacked on to the end of their names. Possible that this is due to duplicate names from both dimensions.
    Last edited by Kista; Jan 19th, 2013 at 01:53:34. Reason: additional info added

Near as I can tell the toon I brought up on TL has all her stuff, compared AOIA from TL to Live for the same toon. I have not tested if the toon still "works" ... ie if evades, AC, nano's, weapons still work as intended.

The city plot voucher contained 9 buildings, 7 plus a small and large headquarters. I was expecting it to also contain the guard house, swimming pool, landing pad and a few others as the monthly update from when the migration was first announced said we would get all beneficial buildings.

I am curious why we only have 8 character slots on paid accounts ... I have asked in other threads also, but have not seen any response. Oops ... missed Vhab's response.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    The character slot changes are currently not on Testlive, nor are they intended to be right now.

Personally I think setting upkeep prices so high that an equivalent city on TL has upkeep more than 3 times the upkeep we pay currently on Live is too much ...

Kinnik
    Last edited by Kinnikinnick; Jan 19th, 2013 at 03:16:50.

Well, screw this game.

oh no i lost my testlive character.

im committing suicide soon i lost my pokemon keychain.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

Before this unannounced wipe there was only one other wipe and it was well planned and the normal testers were given boost and items to help restart them. In other words FC respected them for what they did on test. This wipe no so much.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    Before this unannounced wipe there was only one other wipe and it was well planned and the normal testers were given boost and items to help restart them. In other words FC respected them for what they did on test. This wipe no so much.
    Now, you get items handed to you with just a single click. (and a lot more of so as well.) Stop complaining.

I wonder why they didn't just copy the characters from Test as a '3rd server' and merge them along with the RK1 and RK2 toons.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast