Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Merge

Funcom employee

We're patching right now.

The data that will be merged is a snapshot of earlier when Live went down for a short period.
    Any changes made to your character right now on Live will not reflect how they will look on Testlive.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Go Vhab go!

WhyCantWe "Belp" BeFriends
    Hate "Belph" Shade
    "Belph0" Mk2
    Care "Calming" Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashford View Post
    I think your cute <3

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Belph View Post
    Go Vhab go!
    Na, cheer for the crazy wizards we gathered and put in a room to "make merge patch go!".
    And Macrosun, chief crazy wizard.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Na, cheer for the crazy wizards we gathered and put in a room to "make merge patch go!".
    That explains the lay-offs then :|

WhyCantWe "Belp" BeFriends
    Hate "Belph" Shade
    "Belph0" Mk2
    Care "Calming" Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashford View Post
    I think your cute <3

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    How many of them went insane due spagethi and legacy?
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Did you get them some of those pointy hats? They seem to help with doing such magic.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Quote Originally Posted by Misat0 View Post
    Did you get them some of those pointy hats? They seem to help with doing such magic.
    I think straitjackets are more fitting in this case ;D
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Shhhh, those come afterwards.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Genele appears to still be wtih us, as she's posted a bunch of patch notes for testlive (how it will be after the testlive 'merge' run)

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=603425
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    Genele appears to still be wtih us, as she's posted a bunch of patch notes for testlive (how it will be after the testlive 'merge' run)

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=603425
    Genele
    Game Director
    You have already reached the maximum number of allowed accounts
    You are not allowed to create any new accounts

go macrosun + vhab and all the other less known wizards !
    we love you

OK, so is testlive at this moment getting its 'cloned' look, with a respite before it gets 'merged' or is the actual 'merge' happening right now on the testlive server. Also, how long does that merge process take? I seem to recall Means once talking in terms of days to process new stuff into all playfields.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

OK, so is testlive at this moment getting its 'cloned' look, with a respite before it gets 'merged' or is the actual 'merge' happening right now on the testlive server. Also, how long does that merge process take? I seem to recall Means once talking in terms of days to process new stuff into all playfields.
    when merge happens it happens on the fly your character gets qued to go into the server should be quite smooth : ) transition.

this is basicly a dry run with live data it cant get better then this

tbh, the test server is that, but hey can take that copy and move it to the new server(s).'

Genele's been the game director post Lindelu leaving. Whether or not she used the title on forums, another story.
    Last edited by lunarsolace; Jan 18th, 2013 at 21:24:06.

consequently the xmas trees are up, yet the leets aren't.

(the tree vicinity messages + the gift I never received!)

(13:26) Have a happy holiday season!
    (13:26) Have a happy holiday season!
    (13:27) Not yet, you have to wait to get your present!

1) My understanding was that *every* char gets automatically processed into the new merged db, jsut that anyone trying to actively log on gets bumped to the head of that queue. Left on its' own, the process should still merge all chars in in time.

2) Hopefully, all the relevant ppl still working in positions of authority at AO are spending the time while the testlive merge runs to write up some nice explanations about the state of the game etc. (hopefully the same is happening at AoC and TSW).
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Funcom employee

We've never done this before. It's not supposed to take "days," but it's conceivable that issues keep coming up. This is why we decided to just go ahead and clone Live, so we are guaranteed anything we find will be solved and documented before we push the update to Live.

Quote Originally Posted by lunarsolace View Post
    tbh, the test server is that, but hey can take that copy and move it to the new server(s).'

Gentele's been the game director post Lindelu leaving. Whether or not she used the title on forums, another story.
    Yeah i misunderstood that first, producer and director ^^

Im excited about things still rolling
    No idea how the character slot numbers will look like, have we heared anything related to that ?
    You have already reached the maximum number of allowed accounts
    You are not allowed to create any new accounts

Means was awesome, he was the game producer (Italiya) and game director (Genele)
    He's been gone a year'ish now. I will always remember his parting gift as a month or two of SL yalmahazor

Hm got a little technical question:
    When merging the DBs has completed, do you have a means (no pun intended) to automatically verify the integrity of all the char data of both source DBs? Ie. compare the char prior to and after the merge? Just wondering, seems that quite a large set of scripts would be required to merge everything over.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast