Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Server Merge TestLive

Somehow I think the Conan property is pretty cheap. After all, the comics were kind of a late 80's early 90's thing.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Would be the best business decission for it, since chances of it suddenly making big bucks, even with new engine, new player experience and steam launch, are pretty remote.

Cut fast and cauterise the wound. That's how it's happening now.
    I agree with you, but if FC is assuming it will go forward as a constant I think they're a bit flawed in said approach. I have read (or not) that the ao staff is less than a dozen before the restructuring manifesto. If(tm) they were to cut that in half... Will that be the 'straw that breaks the camel's back' with the remaining players? I know that this may very well be merely be a temporary fat-trimming exercise.

Looking at the upcoming release of the lego game. I would think a game for younger kids would do really well. Whether it does well enough to fund additional development of existing titles will be entirely 'to be determined.' There's less money in games for adults.

FC has to be extremely careful on 'pr.' and I think they learned a fair amount from the TSW rating fiasco. Potential vs actual! TSW has gained to a 20% margin profit, but that's off from the 40% it was expected to gain. Failing to adhere to the 6-P's from the top down has an avalanche effect in the end.

The current ceo has some serious cauterizing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by lunarsolace View Post
    There's less money in games for adults.
    Entirely untrue. Average gamer age is 30+...
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

As per their reports, AO, AoC and TSW are not causing a loss on the financial side... It just doesn't support the amount of people in the teams i guess...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234