Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Server Merge TestLive

Server Merge TestLive

So did the server merge patch make it to testlive today?

Have not seen any test server patch notes posted and nothing from the dev's. Also the lack of player discussion about it suggest it did not make it onto the testlive as well.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

In Ilaliya's post on Sunday he said Tuesday next week, and also said the newsletter would be next week. Newsletter wasn't yesterday so I'd say it's safe to assume the calendar we're using starts the week on Sunday, so the patch is scheduled for the 22nd.

My computer's calendar starts the week on Sunday, anyway.

Everything is put on hold as Funcom restructures. The AO office is probably being shut down and the game will continue to run on lifesupport. New engine, new player experience and rebalance, talk of that new booster, and so on, all of it canned.

All because some owners got greedy and gambled way beyond their ability.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    The AO office is probably being shut down and the game will continue to run on lifesupport. New engine, new player experience and rebalance, talk of that new booster, and so on, all of it canned.
    I sincerely hope that was sarcasm...

i read it hit montreal hard

http://de.gamesindustry.biz/articles...ung-bei-funcom
    Das Büro in Montreal soll aber nicht vollständig geschlossen werden.
    "But the office in Montreal should not be closed completely."

So, wasup ?
    You have already reached the maximum number of allowed accounts
    You are not allowed to create any new accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Everything is put on hold as Funcom restructures. The AO office is probably being shut down and the game will continue to run on lifesupport. New engine, new player experience and rebalance, talk of that new booster, and so on, all of it canned.

All because some owners got greedy and gambled way beyond their ability.
    Ok if that was sarcasm you need to say so. If that is inside info you are relaying then this totally sucks.

I read the article and found it curious that is said the 3 main MMO's would continue unchanged. Um that is interesting wording which I sure hope gets clarified soon.
    Lheann

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

It was only scheduled tentatively and I think that was for a reason.

Also it was said that support for all existing MMOs are to be strengthened. Putting AO on life support would be an entirely different direction, so I think of it being unlikely.
    Last edited by Misat0; Jan 16th, 2013 at 01:36:11.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Translated Article

Google translation of the German article linked above...
    Again layoffs: Profound restructuring at Funcom

By Christoph Holowaty
    Fri January 11, 2013 10:42 am GMT / 5:42 am EST / 2:42 am PST

Development
    The Norwegian developer of Age of Conan and The Secret World degrades in Montreal jobs. It is still unclear how many employees will be affected.
    Funcom is in a deeper restructuring than previously thought. Especially in Montreal obviously many people have been laid off. In Funcom spokesperson has confirmed the job cuts over Games Industry International, but called no specific figures.
    The restructuring "will include cost reductions due to the closure and consolidation of offices with the aim of creating a stronger overall organization, the exciting opportunities in the gaming industry in 2013 and then fully exploits".
    The office in Montreal will not be completely closed. "The Montreal studio is part of the Restrukurierungsprozesses, but our goal is that the studio still exists, albeit in a different form," said the spokesman Funcom. Further details will be notified upon completion of the restructuring Funcom. Funcom's current MMOGs Age of Conan, Anarchy Online, The Secret World will continue unchanged, but are still strong support. The aim is to focus in the future on fewer, higher quality titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Seoin View Post
    In Ilaliya's post on Sunday he said Tuesday next week, and also said the newsletter would be next week. Newsletter wasn't yesterday so I'd say it's safe to assume the calendar we're using starts the week on Sunday, so the patch is scheduled for the 22nd.

My computer's calendar starts the week on Sunday, anyway.
    Ilaliya's post was on Friday, January 11th ... http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...&postcount=637

So, I read his comment to mean that 18.6 was expected to go to Test-Live today, Tuesday Jan. 15th ...

Obviously it did not make it to Test-Live today, but perhaps it will before the end of the week.

It would be nice to hear more ... I assume Ilaliya will update us as soon as something is known.

Kinnik

Oh. Ilaliya should have waited until Sunday to post it then xD

Lets see:

Engine: Soon
    Balance: Soon
    Server merge: Soon
    Shutdown: Soon

Well given FC's track record with their projects I dont see them shutting down AO any time soon (soon meaning our standards of soon). However, FC will shut down AO soon (soon meaning FC meaning of soon).

Assuming that Ilaliya is still employed there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kista View Post
    Assuming that Ilaliya is still employed there.
    Good point.

I was just looking at a PM with him from Feb 12 and he was saying the then CEO was coming down to his desk asking for "when" on the engine update. Since it is almost a year later I would not want to have come back off of vacation to the FC announcement of restructuring. This new CEO is a bean counter clearly. The bottom line(s) need to be in black and not red is all he cares about from this new CEO's actions to date.

I hope the team has survived intact. But given that all the contents of the monthly updated needed to be re verified I am betting that a whirl wind has gone through all the teams.

I have worked in the past for bean counters. I actually am afraid of a management deadline getting set and us the players getting stuck with a not so ready product. I mean it did happen before (can we say original launch and SL launch) so it is not unreal that this bean counter could just say, "Release on X date or you all fired". Yeah I hated the bean counter boss, but that is exactly what we were told, so I see it happening in any company.

The update not being on Test today and no word in any form is actually chilling.
    Lheann

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    snipped ....

The update not being on Test today and no word in any form is actually chilling.
    He mentions the delay here on LOA of all places for some reason:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...91&postcount=4

Here's a question for the bean counters: How long do you think AO subscribers are going to happily live on "life support" to help pay for your new LEGO mmo? Just like we did with TSW.

Quote Originally Posted by haxi View Post
    He mentions the delay here on LOA of all places for some reason:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...91&postcount=4
    Errr, You know hunting through all the forums for post like that just seems wasteful. But at least we have an answer. Thanks for the link.

Still chilling.
    Lheann

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

Quote Originally Posted by cbus97 View Post
    Here's a question for the bean counters: How long do you think AO subscribers are going to happily live on "life support" to help pay for your new LEGO mmo? Just like we did with TSW.
    Not long

The end is near1!11!

Now listening to: The Doors - The End.

My only friend, the end....
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

Quote Originally Posted by lyledesol View Post
    Google translation of the German article linked above...
    Since the Montreal studio is, as far as I know, the only development studio that Funcom has, it would be odd if they closed it all down. What they'd be left with would be some businessmen and secretaries in Oslo, some accountants in Switzerland and some artists in China. You don't make much of any games like that, but maybe they just want to shut down their game developing role and turn into a publisher.
    Afterall, we have seen EA and Activision have a lot of success in that department, so aping it would seem right up FC corporate's alley. "Oh this is succesful, let's do it! I bet we can even though we haven't looked at anything!" Like, I dunno, the bankruptcy destroying THQ and several other once-big developers turned publishers being driven into niche markets to scrape out an existence, no longer resplendent in the glory of the past.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast