Thread: Humpday with Pants - Jan 9th 2013

Humpday with Pants - Jan 9th 2013

I'm Pants and this is Humpday, so, welcome. Let’s get to it.

Changing of the Guard:

As it has already been mentioned, our Glorious Leader, Pheats, has hung up his hat.
    Did you know? Pheats spent 30 months in the captain’s chair?
    All of us here inside of the Roleplaying Community would like to thank him for his years of service to Anarchy-Online and the Storyline. We hope to see you around on a play account, even if we will never know who you are.

Now, per ARK tradition we’re apparently supposed to hit a bell in Pheats’ honor. So, Cheers mate.

Now that that’s out of the way, we’ve also had some vacancies filled!

Ms. Rainys has assumed the position of Director of the Events Team. And the (in)famous Former Events Director Lornavash has returned to serve as our Assistant Director. Good Luck, Mazel Tov, Etc!

Did you know? There’s, like, stuff going on?

Where’s the Server Merge? Who knows. I think Alan Jacobi has a pool going so you might be able to make a few credits if you guess right. But in the meantime, we’re still working!

Important Notes:
    The Omni-Tek Affiliate Meeting is currently [ SUSPENDED ]
    The Council of Truth Meeting is currently [ SUSPENDED ]
    The Newland City Council is currently [ RUNNING ]

Yeah, you read that right. Mayor Toog was in Newland City this past Saturday. He was addressing important matters regarding women’s underwear. In fact, there has been a lead in the case. But the important thing is that he was there! Mark your calendars now and make sure to turn up in February.

There are also plans in the work for A General Neutral Interest Group / Party which, I think, will be Last Ditch centric. It sounds like a good time to be had, so get on board at the ground floor! Contact Redesine on Rimor or in the IRC for more information!

On the Omni-Tek side we’re gearing up for the restart of the OAM by creating our own acronym. Enter the ROTFLMAO, not to be confused with LMFAO. We’re also meeting in February, so mark your calendars!

Ground Control to Major Tom?

It’s been brought to my attention that Channel42 on RK1 decided to go on Holiday for Christmas, and, well, hasn’t shown back up for work yet.

With the help of AO-U Site manager Silvana we’re working on tracking down Channel42 so that we can get it back online. If we’re successful, I’m thinking of deploying Channel42 onto Rimor in the time in-between now and the merge so we can have a consolidated In-Character Chat channel which can also link to the IRC. What do you all think about this plan?

I know it threatens to mothball NRPB, but I haven’t seen Mummu around in ages to run this by him personally.

Now you’re up to speed on recent happenings. Hooray!

-T
    Last edited by Trousers; Jan 10th, 2013 at 15:25:16.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I got worried the same moment i read the topic Oo

Quote Originally Posted by Rainys View Post
    I got worried the same moment i read the topic Oo
    The title made me start reading!

(Just kidding - yay Pants for consolidating information!)
    Bainzyy - Level 220/30 Shade
    PvP-ing - RP-ing - PvMing

*chuckles* yepp, i had to read it thanks to the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    Ground Control to Major Tom?

It’s been brought to my attention that Channel42 on RK1 decided to go on Holiday for Christmas, and, well, hasn’t shown back up for work yet.
    Whoops! It turns out my bots (including the notorious Channel42) died on the 4th of December to a MySQL restart. I just now noticed independently as I haven't been poked about it yet. Sorry about that, it's now up and running again.
    Uragon -- Former Director of Omni-Pol

When running from an angry mob, it is not really necessary to be faster than it. It totally suffices to be faster than your teammates.

I'm still head bopping to that tune Trousers linked.

The title of this thread is very misleading