Thread: Im so Glad I was talked into Going MA on my engi,NOT.

Im so Glad I was talked into Going MA on my engi,NOT.

Ok when IPR came around, I asked for what to go with MA - ShotGun-ETC. And all of you insisted MA. So I did it. Well now FFOK is Self only (14.6)

I cant get good crits LLT's Nerfed.

And It cost me 5 Dark blue skills to do.

Glad I play a MA now. I Know acouple Engi's going to quit very very soon.

/end rant

Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

Geez it's time to eliminate wrangle and MP buffs self only and every other buff ingame self only. What's the point of playing a multiplayer game that is really just turning into a bunch of solo players?
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

IMO that MA buff shouldnt stack with your engie +300 buff. Just makes sense.
    Old Isgrimnur Timer - Ranger
    Glen Sago Schmeisser - General
    Marky Kenidy Mark - Master Assassin Retired@200
    Bling Isgrimnurr Bling - Chairman and CEO

"Have you ever wondered, when you check loot and see NODROP, if it is not supposed to be dropped, how come the mob dropped it? And if the mob can drop it, why can't I?"

Originally posted by Kenidy/Isgrimnur
    I do have some MA characters (yes, multiple characters) and no engies, and what you say may be true. But the timing of this seems pretty far from ideal. It would be one thing if this modification was bundled in with some long awaited and much needed improvements for engies, but to take things away without adding in other areas just seems cruel.

Originally posted by Vydas

I do have some MA characters (yes, multiple characters) and no engies, and what you say may be true. But the timing of this seems pretty far from ideal. It would be one thing if this modification was bundled in with some long awaited and much needed improvements for engies, but to take things away without adding in other areas just seems cruel.
    yeah it will effect lower lvl engies and some MA docs but you would think FC would do something more balancing...
    Old Isgrimnur Timer - Ranger
    Glen Sago Schmeisser - General
    Marky Kenidy Mark - Master Assassin Retired@200
    Bling Isgrimnurr Bling - Chairman and CEO

"Have you ever wondered, when you check loot and see NODROP, if it is not supposed to be dropped, how come the mob dropped it? And if the mob can drop it, why can't I?"

Today I had an engi running ffok, mop and slayer transference totally outtank me in a boss room.

And yknow what? I was just as happy as she was. For once I got to see an engineer proud of herself and happy to be who she was and not feeling like a gimp.

Next patch destroys that and I feel terrible for the engis out there that have made it this far.

I swear that I will never turn down an engi for a team again if you guys would just hang in there. I know that things are going to turn around. Look at the fixers? They were the biggest gimps before. they got their love patch and now 10% of the population is fixers!

Hang in there guys, you have one mp/ma/adv/trader/fixer/2nd ma/enf/crat rooting for you!!!
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Originally posted by TheDeacon
    Today I had an engi running ffok, mop and slayer transference totally outtank me in a boss room.
    damn even with slayer running i rarely if ever do tanking on the boss. Only time i do tanking is when i start the attack on the mob and if it takes more then 10 seconds i loose aggro.

Originally posted by Kenidy/Isgrimnur
    about as much sense as that at lvl 120 an engy can have a higher <unbuffed> attack rating than his lvl 200 slayer i would say
    this change once again is only a nerf, without improving anything (if theres a way mas get boosted by this, lemme know. i fail to see it).

damn!

that is bad timing.

i suggest the adopt a revival of the adopt a gimp movement.

get them places in teams and free buffs - hey it worked for fixers.

side note i sure hope when the did the customer poll in game a couple of days ago more people voted for complete iprs or more rs points whenever a global game change comes through.

nothing and i mean NOT ONE DAMN THING ticks me off more then seing a character forced to reroll.

it is not about being über for some professions it is about being viable (my engie uses an electronicum but she is far from my main. in fact i hate to play her because of the dependancy on outside buffs and pet pathing/pet tanking issues).
    Last edited by Blackwing; Oct 18th, 2002 at 12:44:48.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Yeah...I know quite a few engies and they are pretty...well...not happy. And bored.

I'm not bored in the least being an enforcer...guess dealing with horrible pathing for that long drives you crazy. Of course since this patch introduces mobs with pets...bet the mob's pets have perfect pathing.......

I love an engie or pet class in the team. And I wait for them. They ask for me to wait so the pet can get a clue...and I do. I don't leave any teammate behind. EVER. I know alot do...and it sickens me. People call me gimped but I don't think I am.

Guess us "gimpos" have to stick together!!!
    Sex. We all want it, so don't deny it.

isi "Rharia" Lust

Thumbs up two thumbs up

Originally posted by Rhina
    Yeah...I know quite a few engies and they are pretty...well...not happy. And bored.

I'm not bored in the least being an enforcer...guess dealing with horrible pathing for that long drives you crazy. Of course since this patch introduces mobs with pets...bet the mob's pets have perfect pathing.......

I love an engie or pet class in the team. And I wait for them. They ask for me to wait so the pet can get a clue...and I do. I don't leave any teammate behind. EVER. I know alot do...and it sickens me. People call me gimped but I don't think I am.

Guess us "gimpos" have to stick together!!!
    the number of low to mid level people unwilling to proceed without a perfect team (team of 5 got tank and calmer lf doc) increases daily and it sucks.

a well played team can tackle alot even with key classes missing you just have to talk out how to proceed before you arrive at the mission. and if you want to kill the boss you might have to lower the mission diff to 80% oh the horror of losing 10% xp per mob - lets just stand here shouting lfdoc one more hour maybe one logs on.

the problem is if people only learn to play on crutches (enforcer, mezzer, doc in every team they do) they are not giving up on these tried and tested tactics.

mezzers and docs in the team allow for (or should i say foster?) sloppy gameplay.

i take a well build decently equipped guy with a head on his shoulders as teammate every day above a crazy twink hell bent on running through the mission without regard for the rest of the group.

gone now. byebye.

I concur.

When I play my trader...I can't hardly find a team. It's almost like everyone died around my level. And usually people don't want to go out without a doctor.

And don't get me started on levels 10-80 or so....most everyone at that level is twinked out to some form...and they are very sloppy and selfish...makes for a bad teaming experience usually.

And at my level...151 now, I really really hate fixers and martial artists. I know it's putting them all together...but a good majority of them just attack the closest mob and rush to the next...leaving everyone behind...
    Sex. We all want it, so don't deny it.

isi "Rharia" Lust

And at my level...151 now, I really really hate fixers and martial artists. I know it's putting them all together...but a good majority of them just attack the closest mob and rush to the next...leaving everyone behind...
    LOL

*guilty*

But hey, I don't let anyone die or anything. After playing a pet class for so long, it's just damned nice to be able to run fast to the next mob without waiting for lame-o to heal me or hump the walls
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Well my Lvl 181 Engy is currently in Retirement and waiting for some luv to come its way, but as it looks now i may as well park it for good.....

Engys are the wannabe class every weapon you pick you get called a wannabe class

x3 = wannabe agent
    Nova/FP = wannabe soilder
    MA skill = wannabe MA

so on and so on

and this new pistol that engys can upgrade from there solar power startup pistol....well err can i petition to have them give me a new one seeing as i prolly deleted it 170 lvls ago

Hehe, I'm a doc and I do that.

if i understand it correctly

Originally posted by Vera
    Well my Lvl 181 Engy is currently in Retirement and waiting for some luv to come its way, but as it looks now i may as well park it for good.....

Engys are the wannabe class every weapon you pick you get called a wannabe class

x3 = wannabe agent
    Nova/FP = wannabe soilder
    MA skill = wannabe MA

so on and so on

and this new pistol that engys can upgrade from there solar power startup pistol....well err can i petition to have them give me a new one seeing as i prolly deleted it 170 lvls ago
    there will be a trade skill procedure to make a ql 1 solar pistol as well.

gone now. byebye.

Originally posted by Vera

You will be able to build yourself a new solar powered pistol

Originally posted by Vydas

We get grenades in the next patch. Combined with the fact that I just started self casting extreme prejudice at lvl 160 makes me a happy eng.
    Ionicdude - In it to win it no matter how you spin it

Well thats good you can rebuild a solar pistol but it still dont fix the fact that i need to waste 5 IPR points to ungimp myself from MA skill

So my vote is for another 1 time full IPR
    Last edited by Joaquin; Oct 21st, 2002 at 08:38:07.

no doubt

a little while back they did a customer survey regarding ao "happiness" levels.

my main gripe was and my main hope is that any changes that drastically affect the way the game is played vindicate a full ipr.

individual reset points should be to experiment not to roll with the punches/nerfs.

gone now. byebye.