Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Agent pvm-damage stagnates after tl5 and up

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Oh noes, agents dmg is low ...

... so what? Someone needs to be the last.
    Why does it have to be the profession with the weakest survivability and utility?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by Malraux View Post
    FP doc for collector and gauntlet? ARE YOU INSANE?
    1 CH and there is no tank in this world able to grab agro back from the agent in enough time before it's dead. You can CH tank inf mishes on an agent, but any encounter that hits hard is a no go with a CH caster in the team.
    QFT.

Also, 12m and Vortexxx are SL playfields, since you mentioned those too.
    You gained 96 PVP Solo Score.
    Angelyna: (03:55) Srompu forces your NCU to run Feet of Stone...
    [Theater of Tragedy] Johnnykay: he's a 220 crat and srompu is probably wearing tl5 symbs
    [Theater of Tragedy] Johnnykay: he deserved to die

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    You don't see people wandering around screaming "THIS BOOK IN THE FIRST PERSON WOULD BE SO MUCH BETTER IF THE MAIN CHARACTER WAS A QUASIGENDER HAMSTER ON FIRE".

Quote Originally Posted by Malraux View Post
    FP doc for collector and gauntlet? ARE YOU INSANE
    Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    Way to betray the fact that you don't have a damn clue what you're talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by Noer View Post
    Well, your post was a lot of fun to read. Other than that its pretty far from reality.
    Pitiful, I bet the same guys that are on forums complaining about not getting invited to teams because of crat/doc/tank 3 man teams secretly are afraid to live outside the box. I've done alba and vortexx with an agent fp. Also xark/razor, alappa, apf28, gauntlet to 2nd lvl and collector (after plant lady). Allowing the enfo to spam imongo 2-3x per CH with procs/perks is more than enough to keep aggro from CH as long as Age uses detaunt perk also. I can solo in alba with just MP and dual alba with my mp/keep. Also done alba with enfo/fix so I dont think it would be hard to throw Age in there for a few CH's on top of that periodically. Hell I've seen an NT tank the collector more than once when we had a soft tank that kept dying. Give me a break just because you have never tried to do something doesn't make it not possible. If all you so called experts that know this game actually had fully competent teams maybe you wouldn't be afraid to experiment more. The game is at a point where some players can dual/triple log encounters solo and you honestly are saying an extra player with an agent fp doc couldn't help out? Wow.

Enfo/sol/keep/mp/fix/age can do quite a bit together without a doc if you know how to juggle aggro. Is it easy, hell no, is it fun, hell yea. The key for the age is hit your Q button and sit back waiting for emergency heals not spamming AS/perks/CH every chance you get. The point is a fp Age is better than no heals at all.

I'd much rather try an unconventional team out and fail than sit on Bor running dance scripts. I've done plenty of encounters in my time were we did not have a doc or a good one. Looking back a good Age would have been better than what we had.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

so you've done encounters that don't require heals with an agent in team? gratz, i guess.

can you name even a single encounter where you'd rather have an agent over literally any other prof? or are agents only useful because game is too dead to find the ideal profs?
    Last edited by Lazy; Dec 22nd, 2012 at 18:53:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    so you've done encounters that don't require heals with an agent in team? gratz, i guess.

alba keeper is soloable with a solja. also soloable on crat. probably others as well. vort doable 2man with crat + just about anything

razr/xark doable 2man with crat + anything, alappa solable on crat, pf28 proably doable with just adv heals, gaunt to 2nd level can be soloed and collector can probably be done with adv heals

the point is more often than not no heals at all is better than fp agent heals.
    No the point was you and several others tried to get high and mighty like what I was saying was totally out of the realm of possibility, and I think you current post corrects that.

EDIT: more importantly, can you name one enounter where you'd rather have an agent over literally any other prof?
    Not the point from me which was and still is an Agent has uses in a team other than trying to be top DD. All those other comments I responded to are just thread jacking distractions.

I would never say no heals is better than fp heals...or in your case even fixer heals.

***Did you really go back and edit your points that agreed with my point lol classic.
    Last edited by Psikie; Dec 22nd, 2012 at 19:03:38.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    No the point was you and several others tried to get high and mighty like what I was saying was totally out of the realm of possibility, and I think you current post corrects that.
    no. the point i and others were making is that you have no idea waht you're talking about

Not the point from me which was and still is an Agent has uses in a team other than trying to be top DD. All those other comments I responded to are just thread jacking distractions.

I would never say no heals is better than fp heals...or in your case even fixer heals.
    fixers don't have heals. don't be silly.

***Did you really go back and edit your points that agreed with my point lol classic.
    i went back and edited what i wrote to make my point more clear an concise.

but you haven't answered my question. which encounter would you rather have an agent for than literally any other profession?

Pitiful, I bet the same guys that are on forums complaining about not getting invited to teams because of crat/doc/tank 3 man teams secretly are afraid to live outside the box. I've done alba and vortexx with an agent fp. Also xark/razor, alappa, apf28, gauntlet to 2nd lvl and collector (after plant lady). Allowing the enfo to spam imongo 2-3x per CH with procs/perks is more than enough to keep aggro from CH as long as Age uses detaunt perk also. I can solo in alba with just MP and dual alba with my mp/keep. Also done alba with enfo/fix so I dont think it would be hard to throw Age in there for a few CH's on top of that periodically. Hell I've seen an NT tank the collector more than once when we had a soft tank that kept dying. Give me a break just because you have never tried to do something doesn't make it not possible. If all you so called experts that know this game actually had fully competent teams maybe you wouldn't be afraid to experiment more. The game is at a point where some players can dual/triple log encounters solo and you honestly are saying an extra player with an agent fp doc couldn't help out? Wow.

Enfo/sol/keep/mp/fix/age can do quite a bit together without a doc if you know how to juggle aggro. Is it easy, hell no, is it fun, hell yea. The key for the age is hit your Q button and sit back waiting for emergency heals not spamming AS/perks/CH every chance you get. The point is a fp Age is better than no heals at all.

I'd much rather try an unconventional team out and fail than sit on Bor running dance scripts. I've done plenty of encounters in my time were we did not have a doc or a good one. Looking back a good Age would have been better than what we had.
    Most teams are less interested in thinking outside the box and more interested in doing whatever they teamed to do. This may be seen in the dropping demand for Dshark shades.

Also, which detaunt perk did you say you used?
    You gained 96 PVP Solo Score.
    Angelyna: (03:55) Srompu forces your NCU to run Feet of Stone...
    [Theater of Tragedy] Johnnykay: he's a 220 crat and srompu is probably wearing tl5 symbs
    [Theater of Tragedy] Johnnykay: he deserved to die

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    You don't see people wandering around screaming "THIS BOOK IN THE FIRST PERSON WOULD BE SO MUCH BETTER IF THE MAIN CHARACTER WAS A QUASIGENDER HAMSTER ON FIRE".

Quote Originally Posted by Sromp View Post
    This may be seen in the dropping demand for Dshark shades.
    aww and i've always wanted a pure 1he/sneak attack agent

but you haven't answered my question. which encounter would you rather have an agent for than literally any other profession?
    Ely kite hill?

Keeper in albatreum...is what I heard someone say before lol.

I think it was answered by saying I would rather have fp Age heals vs no heals at all.

Most teams are less interested in thinking outside the box and more interested in doing whatever they teamed to do. Also, which detaunt perk did you say you used?
    Agreed, all I was saying is that I have been in unconventional teams sometimes just for something to do. Often times they fail, but every once in a while they work out surprisingly. My time is valuable to me so when I log on I personally would prefer to play even if it means the team doesn't have a doc and crat.

*I should have said Age detaunt procs not perks.

aww and i've always wanted a pure 1he/sneak attack agent
    Awesome you might also try this then...

Sneakypie got some very nice results with Chaos, including 8-9k crits iirc.
    Ivorbigun got dual shen sticks to work pretty well also, but that requires a non-standard IP.
    Last edited by Psikie; Dec 23rd, 2012 at 18:27:01.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

I think it was answered by saying I would rather have fp Age heals vs no heals at all.
    so what you're ACTUALLY saying is that you'd rather have a doc than an agent for literally any encounter? gotcha.

so what you're ACTUALLY saying is that you'd rather have a doc than an agent for literally any encounter? gotcha.
    You just don't quit lol. I am saying Agents can have other uses in teams besides just DD. If you don't want agents in your team that's fine, but I don't discriminate against any professions. If I can get a full team to do anything besides inf missions i'm happy.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

you know i asked a pretty simple question. i have no idea why you're avoiding answering it.

You know the life expectancy of an agent who CHs in LoX playfields? Last time I healed in 12m I held aggro through a 50k detaunt.
    Pff the last time i did that with my agent i kited like a mofo and saved the raid from the fail-doc threat !
    Last edited by Djiax; Dec 24th, 2012 at 05:01:21.

Also one day i FPed fix and defeared doc and tank like a pro and saved the day again.

Sromp i think you should stop farm greeny tears in BS and go back to the real thing, you had that bright idea of CH tanking TNH with SL ess. Sincerly.

Awesome you might also try this then...
    Me and cutiepie talked a lot about using the Xan Chaos, and I also used it for a time.

To get that damage he was using a left arm symb, which means no AAD, and he was also teamed in a full raid team, so thats with Keeper and Soldier buffs.

Also, on the subject of Alb Keeper, to give away a trade secret.

NT/Agent is one of the absolute best combos I've ever done to chain farm Keeper with next to no risk or kiting. It is significantly better with the actual prof that you need to FP though because of that prof's damage output.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by sultryvoltron View Post
    NT/Agent is one of the absolute best combos I've ever done to chain farm Keeper with next to no risk or kiting. It is significantly better with the actual prof that you need to FP though because of that prof's damage output.
    Can you explain ? (in private, i don't want all the server to know. Also you ll receive an anonymous payment of 156 creds for your contribution from the SLASH ! PvM Revolutionnaires group).

I hate the 'assaultdoctor'-thing. Why agent must be relegated to this?

Don't get me wrong, flexibillity and ability to adapt is good, but the profession chokes on CH.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast