Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Enforcer or Keeper; strongest solo class for PvE?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggro View Post
    I have ADHD so a "relaxed" playstyle is definately not what I could adapt me to.
    Play shade!
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Bump for playing shade instead.

I have ADHD so a "relaxed" playstyle is definately not what I could adapt me to. So by your words of wisdom I will go for the Enforcer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    Play shade!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Bump for playing shade instead.
    I'm with Crattey & Gatester there. If you don't like to downtime, play a Shade. And don't go an make macros for everything, do it the way originally intended to develop carpal tunnel syndrome in the average human being.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    I'm with Crattey & Gatester there. If you don't like to downtime, play a Shade. And don't go an make macros for everything, do it the way originally intended to develop carpal tunnel syndrome in the average human being.
    Shade you say?

Wow. I never dared to make one, as when they were released they were super hard to find gear for... But you mention "macro" everything; I am a keybinder and it works out fantastic. I have actually no clue what you mean by "macro everything" as I really thought AO only supported basic macros for pets and a few other things.

Would you mind elaborate this or perhaps provide with some links with macro tips that you are referring to/thinking about?

I did get interested in the Shade after you all told me that it seem to have a "hectic playstyle", which I love. However; could a Shade replace the Enfo or Keeper in a dual playing combo with a Trader on it's tail?

At 220 you have maybe 3-5 seconds out of every few minutes where you are not "clicking" something in boss fights.

Leveling is fun, gear is not hard to find, spirits are easier to get than symbiants if you farm a bit, and if you want to PVP at 220 pretty much go atrox and you are good after some practice. As for solo capabilities, the only profession which soloes better than shade is crat.

I have actually no clue what you mean by "macro everything" as I really thought AO only supported basic macros for pets and a few other things.
    he means you should keybind every attack to same button.
    Last edited by Otansaanpas; Dec 8th, 2012 at 16:45:14.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

I did get interested in the Shade after you all told me that it seem to have a "hectic playstyle", which I love. However; could a Shade replace the Enfo or Keeper in a dual playing combo with a Trader on it's tail?
    The biggest issue with shade soloing is honestly solved with a pocket trader or crat, which is mezzing the adds.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    he means you should keybind every attack to same button.
    Oh, how can this be any better? Maybe only for PvE since PvP is very situational?
    But, I would never do this as I have been a keybinder my whole life, and learned up quite a few people too (It took me 2 weeks to teach up each of the 2 from England I once taught up; one elder lady and one policeman too, both around their 50's as well as my son's +++)

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    The biggest issue with shade soloing is honestly solved with a pocket trader or crat, which is mezzing the adds.
    Music in my ears since the one I will dual play with is a Trader. But I really have no clue how to get the spirits/gear to my Shade, so if someone could throw in some tips here I would really appreciate it. I have some credits after a friend of mine gave a me some before he left AO for good recently, so I can maybe buy insteasd of farming?

Oh, how can this be any better? Maybe only for PvE since PvP is very situational?
    shades have 4-5 hotbars filled with perks and items so keybinding them all is not an option.
    but you're right, its not better than firing perks individually. its just the lazy way and i'd be more than happy if this will be prevented in next patch that comes!
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

shades have 4-5 hotbars filled with perks and items so keybinding them all is not an option.
    but you're right, its not better than firing perks individually. its just the lazy way and i'd be more than happy if this will be prevented in next patch that comes!
    I am getting old(er) and the last really good MMO skill I have left is my keybinding skill now that my reflexes have started to fade. It would totally ruin that by going 1 macro-clicking, so thanks for warning me. I picture myself as a grand-grand dad playing MMO at an elderly home; still teaching up my grand-grand children to be keybinders 8-)

... remembers leveling to 220 with a shade with only one hotbar, no keybinds and all the perklines were chained.

That was a serious bit of gaming. You always had to be focused and I suspect even with the advances, it's still that way. Sounds like it would be up your alley.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

I remember those days of just 1 hotbar.
    I remember having a window with just system messages in it so I could see easily when perks were recharging from whichever line, so I didn't needlessly keep switching between the panels.

Although it is much like that still, with 6 hotbars I can even be lazy and click if I feel like it.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

I actually still only USE one hotbar on my shade, although I've got two others up now to keep an eye on when perks become available again. I still do everything with keyboard switching on the primary hotbar though.

I love enforcer for raids, and that is my single biggest joy in the game, but if I'm going to be solo, I'll be on my shade. : )

Can still pull aggro away from enfs with my shade, probably the best part of rolling one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Can still pull aggro away from enfs with my shade, probably the best part of rolling one.
    that is player issue, enfs have all the abilities to keep agro if they choose to.

sometimes enfos want to have a laugh on team and uses challenger and goes "lol shade, you are not good dps when you're at reclaim!".. and total raid dps goes down the hill.
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

that is player issue, enfs have all the abilities to keep agro if they choose to.

sometimes enfos want to have a laugh on team and uses challenger and goes "lol shade, you are not good dps when you're at reclaim!".. and total raid dps goes down the hill.
    I know it was the enf's fault, but forcing the enf to do his job and hold aggro is satisfying I tanked just fine though and in a pinch I can even heal the entire team lol.

Nerf shade's caress.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12