Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update – Dec 3rd 2012

Since the merge is not due within days, I suspect we'll see it happen around the 3rd week of January. Devs will likely be headed out on vacations in the next few weeks so I think their progress on these areas is about at a standstill until the new year rolls in.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

What happened to the replacement of functions that were removed when the game went from the GMS to the GMI?

- Org shops
    - Shop sales tax helping to offset city upkeep
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

I've recently returned to game and I was hoping to take advantage of the paid service to transfer one character from one of my paid accounts to another. However, someone in org reported that the service was shutdown.

Does anyone know why it was shutdown, or whether it might return post-server merge? I'm about to have 3 220 docs all on the same account, which is somewhat sub-optimal! : )

Please let me give you money!

^^ And you call yourself the Enforcer professional?

Pretty sure the char transfer won't be enabled again until after the merge and then the additional char slots will also be available. I guessing subscribers will get 1 free additional slot (for a total of 9) and all accounts will be able to purchase more slots, up to perhaps 10 or 12, much the way AoC works. One would think the details on this aspect would be nailed down by now, and little reason to keep it secret from the playerbase.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    Who keeps mail that old?

Also, no beta unless you make everything work right.
    Who doesn't? Gigabytes are cheap! I have kept all my personal email since the first one in 1993. Go ahead, call me a hoarder As for making things work right, that has been out of my hands for several years now! I first joined the ranks of the ex-devs in 2005 to work on Dreamfall, then in 2007 to take a job in Germany, and again in 2009 to move to California, and I'm unlikely to make a third comeback, as much as I still love AO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    ... from June 2012 monthly update ...

Server Migration and Player Cities

I've been talking with some of you about the upcoming server migration.

Once everyone is moved over to the new server we will start reimbursing every Organization that have an outdoor city. The president of the Organization will be the one receiving a voucher that can be used to buy an instanced city, and a package of every building you can think of.

Cheers,
    Ilaliya
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Great Update btw ...

For clarity:

Server Migration will be this month, December 2012 ... but will not impact Winter Holiday content?

Player Cities - All orgs with a city whether instanced or outdoors will get a voucher in the org leader's inventory.

- What size will the voucher be? Based on our current city size?
    - We were originally told in one of Lindelu's updates that org leaders would also get a "package" with every building we could possibly imagine (including sauna?) ... is this still true?
    - Update sounds like we have to buy new buildings from the tower shop. Or, is the voucher "big enough" to cover our city and all the buildings we could possibly desire including a sauna ... assuming we could afford the incremental rental cost?
    - What is the status of the Tax Refund building ... is it still a building or have you moved it to a "feature" of the new HQ building?
    - Are you removing the Small ECM Tower also? Will we even need ECM towers anymore? Do instanced cities even have "random" alien attacks?

When you say 3 craters will be closed, do you mean the player cities or the whole playfield including grid exits?

It sounds like the outdoor cities will still exist, just not function? Will the player city wampas still function until you have a chance to overhaul the outdoor city plots?

Kinnik
    If we can't have an answer to all of the above, could we at least know the answer regarding the packet of buildings? I found the original reference/promise in Ilaliya's June monthly update above.

Edit: Another question ... if our toon's character ID's are changing with migration, what is being done to make sure their GMI account stays properly "linked" to them? Or, do we need to remove all credits/orders/inventory from our GMI accounts?

Kinnik
    Last edited by Kinnikinnick; Dec 4th, 2012 at 19:34:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    Specific changes to buildings:

• Social buildings will not increase the monthly upkeep of the city.
    • Some buildings will be removed completely: Markets, the large ECM Tower and Medium HQs.
    • All beneficial buildings will become nodrop and will be sold in new vending machines in the tower shop. New social buildings will also be sold there.
    • Guard House provides Heal Delta at all the specified Quality Levels.
    • Landing Pad provides Vehicle Air and Run Speed at all the specified Quality Levels.
    • Swimming Pool only provides Body Dev.
    • Organization Headquarters no longer provide Run Speed.
    • A punching bag has been added to the Notum Silo.
    • The grid house now allows you to enter the grid.
    Please add a bank to HQ. Or make a bank terminal a building plot. Or something like that.
    Last edited by Byste; Dec 4th, 2012 at 20:28:47.
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Defenders of Rubi Ka (PvM)
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by jijie2 View Post
    have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword ?

Honestly, I think those pictures aren't that much different than what we have now. The sky from what I could see still looks like garbage, it still looks the same as if it was painted by an abstract expressionist. Am I wrong in thinking this? Am I just missing something? Have I not been brain washed?

What I am curious about is what the ground tiles look like and if that has been changed. What I mean is, when you are flying in, lets say EFP, and you are high up in the air you can basically see the repetitiveness of the tile work and you can also tell, in general, where one tile is and where the other begins. It looks cheesy and old. I hope the engine will eliminate this, but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't.

- Server Migration will be this month, December 2012 ... but will not impact Winter Holiday content?
    They already said that nothing will impact holiday content since it's already been implemented...
    - Update sounds like we have to buy new buildings from the tower shop. Or, is the voucher "big enough" to cover our city and all the buildings we could possibly desire including a sauna ... assuming we could afford the incremental rental cost?
    People will still need to buy buildings after the voucher because it's not like people will stop creating new cities, the voucher is just a one-time thing. He's just telling us where to buy buildings from now on, instead of Bazzit... Or so I'm inferring.
    - What is the status of the Tax Refund building ... is it still a building or have you moved it to a "feature" of the new HQ building?
    It's a building, and a giant one at that.
    It sounds like the outdoor cities will still exist, just not function? Will the player city wampas still function until you have a chance to overhaul the outdoor city plots?
    They're remodeling outside cities I think. They haven't told us if the whompas will remain specifically, but they have confirmed there will be some sort of transit option. In the meantime, I assumed there wouldn't be transit, but it would be nice
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword ?

Edit: Another question ... if our toon's character ID's are changing with migration, what is being done to make sure their GMI account stays properly "linked" to them? Or, do we need to remove all credits/orders/inventory from our GMI accounts?

Kinnik
    Good question, didn't even cross my mind yet, answer plz!
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    What I am curious about is what the ground tiles look like and if that has been changed. What I mean is, when you are flying in, lets say EFP, and you are high up in the air you can basically see the repetitiveness of the tile work and you can also tell, in general, where one tile is and where the other begins. It looks cheesy and old. I hope the engine will eliminate this, but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't.
    Have you ever been in an airplane and looked down?
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Byste View Post
    oh yes.. repeatable textures in real world!
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    oh yes.. repeatable textures in real world!
    Around helsinki it's pretty much green... Dunno what that tells about property prices ;D
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

They already said that nothing will impact holiday content since it's already been implemented...

People will still need to buy buildings after the voucher because it's not like people will stop creating new cities, the voucher is just a one-time thing. He's just telling us where to buy buildings from now on, instead of Bazzit... Or so I'm inferring.

It's a building, and a giant one at that.

They're remodeling outside cities I think. They haven't told us if the whompas will remain specifically, but they have confirmed there will be some sort of transit option. In the meantime, I assumed there wouldn't be transit, but it would be nice
    Thank you, but I was hoping for an official response, I can infer the meaning of statements myself ...

Just because holiday content is in-game already does not mean the migration would not impact it ... especially if we migrate in the middle of holiday content and problems require extra downtime, etc.

I suppose FC could extend holiday timers to make up for a few days of problems or confusion with the migration ...

Kinnik

Yep. Looks like a big ugly patchwork quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    Who doesn't? Gigabytes are cheap! I have kept all my personal email since the first one in 1993. Go ahead, call me a hoarder As for making things work right, that has been out of my hands for several years now! I first joined the ranks of the ex-devs in 2005 to work on Dreamfall, then in 2007 to take a job in Germany, and again in 2009 to move to California, and I'm unlikely to make a third comeback, as much as I still love AO.
    Work from home! Your personal PC is probably beefier than the dev rigs. Just have them send you a build copy and get to work!

We need you Obi Enno Rehling-Kenobi! You're our only hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    Alle guten Dinge sind drei!
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Am i blind here or was there info given yet on what is going on with towers during merge?

Quote Originally Posted by Davedadoctor View Post
    Am i blind here or was there info given yet on what is going on with towers during merge?
    Hopefully (and probably) eliminated, which will then result in a massive amount of epic pvpness! D

Quote Originally Posted by Davedadoctor View Post
    1+1=2.

Translation.

New server, all fields open to be claimed.

The first week, there will probably be tons of PvP action in the fight to "reclaim" fields.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast