Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update – Dec 3rd 2012

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    wtb a screenie of penumbra pls.
    (click to resize)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    (click to resize)

Something odd happens to the shadow there, when it's on the slanting bit of the building.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Google View Post
    Do we have to clear out org bank before cities "blow" up to save the cash or will the voucher re-imburse the credits in org bank aswell? Dont want to see 900mil from org bank just go poof!
    I think common sense would dictate you remove everything you want to keep before they go *poof*.

But hey, if you trust FC enough that you believe this won't be a giant bug-filled extravaganza, leave your stuff where it's at.

Quote Originally Posted by Maofex View Post
    So... they will only be disabled for now, not removed, and they may come back in a diff shape/form/?? later. Will we still be able to use the whompas in the "disabled" cities?

So, you are removing the tradeskill process of these then? rendering even more stuff useless, and removing another piece of the amazing tradeskillsystem this game has? (Yes, I like annoyingly long tradeskills)

Make that 2 please... need 1 high AC and one low AC.

I'm also crushed by removal of TS process for City buildings.... WTF FUNCOM THAT IS NOT RIGHT!

Maybe limit shop bought QL to 125 ;D You are destroying my living here... This must be prevented!
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Can we get this clarified - Are you saying the building (ready to plant) will be buyable in the shop or just the floorplan (like now).

The TS process for buildings - if lost - will be a shame.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

this game is making it very difficult to continue my millionaire astronaut cowboy gigolo lifestyle that I am accustomed to
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Hi, there. I was hoping we could get a confirmation of how many new character slots we're going to receive? This would help me in deciding what to delete and what to keep as far as characters go.
    On RK1: Legerdemain 220 Omni Advy - Battlestarr 220 Omni Sold - Manilow 150 Omni Keeper - Irkules 220 Omni Enf - Rancho 188-ish Omni Fixer - Legman 220 Omni Engi - Manblack 172-ish froob Omni MP - Hivvy 200 froob Omni Agent

On RK2: Kallark 150 Neut MA - Thunderballs 208-ish Neut Enf

Shadowlands looks too Asian.

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    this game is making it very difficult to continue my millionaire astronaut cowboy gigolo lifestyle that I am accustomed to
    Richard, is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by Legerdemain View Post
    Hi, there. I was hoping we could get a confirmation of how many new character slots we're going to receive? This would help me in deciding what to delete and what to keep as far as characters go.
    Don't delete anything...just let them go or stay inactive until you have your slots.

Funcom employee

I am super excited to see this finally happen. I found an old email the other day, from the first time we on the dev team started talking about making a new engine, and we would never have imagined that it would a) take this long, and b) look this pretty.

Can haz beta invite plz?

Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    I am super excited to see this finally happen. I found an old email the other day, from the first time we on the dev team started talking about making a new engine, and we would never have imagined that it would a) take this long, and b) look this pretty.

Can haz beta invite plz?
    Who keeps mail that old?

Also, no beta unless you make everything work right.

Quote Originally Posted by Absynth View Post
    Kat <3
    lurker as always <3's her orgmates
    Calida Solitus Adventurer - 220/30/70 ~ Nymphalidae Solitus Bureaucrat - 220/30 ~ Nymphaeides Solitus Soldier - 214/22
    RK2 - General & Recruitment Director of -= Power Overwhelming =- & Potentia Superante
    RK2 - Founding Member of Coalition of Anarchy
    Means: The leets do my secret evil bidding. Sort of the Oompa-Loompas of Anarchy Online.
    Means: Oh come on...that felt "phoned in". Was that written by some guy in India you pay to troll for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Don't delete anything...just let them go or stay inactive until you have your slots.
    Good advice, but yeah I deleted a few of my more useless redundant toons already. Still be nice to know how many they intend to give us.
    On RK1: Legerdemain 220 Omni Advy - Battlestarr 220 Omni Sold - Manilow 150 Omni Keeper - Irkules 220 Omni Enf - Rancho 188-ish Omni Fixer - Legman 220 Omni Engi - Manblack 172-ish froob Omni MP - Hivvy 200 froob Omni Agent

On RK2: Kallark 150 Neut MA - Thunderballs 208-ish Neut Enf

So why don't you have it yet?

Couple of reasons. I posted some screenshots below, and if you notice doors are about 20 feet away from where they should be (Parsed is fixing). Grass isn't in (Macrosun is working on). Ground-tile alignment (Vhab). Vhab fixed water and it looks amazing, but in some places it's flowing uphill & lacks depth calculations. There are some gamma issues with some playfields and sRGB. New character models/heads aren't in yet (although, Adamse will be finished in the next week or so). So there are issues, but we're very close to something we can get out there.
    We've dealt with worse, you should just give us the new engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    We've dealt with worse, you should just give us the new engine.
    I'd wait for at least heads and grass.

Door placement? Who cares.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

All good, except one thing.

Coast of Peace and Coast of Tranquility have always look like nice playfields and over the years I expected the Devs to take advantage of them and make some new content there. They are nice, and at least to me, it seemed that the development of both areas was not rushed like the German Ghettos (3 Craters East & West).

It would be a waste of dev time to scratch both coast when they have the potential to be a good places for new quests, RK missions and maybe even dailies.

If later on you make a new playfield, this may come back to haunt you, because some may say "wait a second, you removed 2 perfectly workable playfields you could have worked with and now you going to create something from scratch? ain't that a waste of dev resources?". Yeah, that.

Please reconsider, thanks for reading.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

wait, who is the MA professional?

I do not think they are scrapping the city plot playfields, just closing them temporarily. Anyways, there is more than enough content and content areas currently in-game. Things need to be revamped instead of new content added.

Coast of Peace, Coast of Tranquility, 3 Craters East and 3 Craters West have been closed.
    so if we own a city here, and want to get benefit of our sauna, or use our tradeskill machine in lab, we can't ?

All beneficial buildings will become nodrop and will be sold in new vending machines in the tower shop.
    what will happen to tradeskilled buildings ?
    all these peeps who farmed ql 300 serums and membranes (and stuff) to get a city ready to pop (or who have buildings in their shops ?)

about the rest, good news very good news ! ))

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast