Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update – Dec 3rd 2012

I'm so excited - and I just can't hide it!
    ಠ_ಠ

Awesome to get such an in depth update. Anxiously looking forward to the new stuff and getting to run ao on my GPU! Just wish i had the rar files the gm has...
    Stuff here

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    (click to resize)

This is old (existing) assets in the new engine, so you can see that shadows & lighting do quite a bit to improve a scene.
    I still get tiny size of the screenshots, even if I click on them (using FF 17.0).

You really should try and get some gear on that gimp of yours. Sad to see you running around in OA and you haven't even managed to get the noob island armour. Maybe ask some of us players how you make a city raid
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Now these work fine. Thanks

Btw I tried to click on the original links/pics in IE 10 and it displayed them just fine.

Any chance of finding out ahead of time what the upkeep for the cities will be, and how much each building will add to the upkeep? We're probably all going to want to rebuild our cities as soon as possible so org members will not have to go too long without the city buffs. Being able to figure out city upkeep ahead of time will allow for planning ahead of time.

Also: Yay! for being able to enter the grid through the grid house, and for all the other great stuff too.

Good post, and just wanted to suggest some things regarding the cities while they are being repurposed.

First, the loot-tables should probably be altered as far as droprates are concerned. While viralbots would be a very touchy area to try to change, the nodrops and non-viralbot loot should definately drop with more frequency and the useless items should be removed. For a farming process that takes anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes each time, the drop rate on useful items results in a time-sink which rarely even rewards the players who participate. The low chances for desireable loot also make larger teams undesireable given the contents difficulty.

Second, allow the city cloaks to re-activate automatically. Forcing players to "baby-sit" the city controller for an additional 30 minutes is a meaningless waste of a player's time.

I forgot the last one while writing...but these first two changes are most important. City raids are entirely inconvenient and have a low-reward system. The one's who setup massive viralbot farming routines are generally the only players who actually benefit from the current city raid design.

How about screenie of the new city plots? desert and mountaintop?
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Argh! Information! Soon as AO hits steam with the new engine I'm going to spam my fellow Forum Crazies over at www.thezombiehunters.com to sign up and get an Org going. Those lads and lasses would fit right in. Especially when I show them pics of me in my replica Mad Scientist Cloak and Hockey Mask. Roll on The Merge (TM)!
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by tiralee View Post
    Any chance of finding out ahead of time what the upkeep for the cities will be, and how much each building will add to the upkeep? We're probably all going to want to rebuild our cities as soon as possible so org members will not have to go too long without the city buffs. Being able to figure out city upkeep ahead of time will allow for planning ahead of time.

Also: Yay! for being able to enter the grid through the grid house, and for all the other great stuff too.
    It will be on testlive before live.
    I'm sure someone will compile a list before it hits live
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Nice update, thanks!

Also, is the server merge looking like it'll happen this month?

So the last update said maybe within a month we'll get merge, while no-one actually thought that would happen we pretty much all thought we'd atleast see an announcement this update when it would happen. A month later and the time frame is even more vauge than before, not even a hint at what month we can expect it. :X
    Organisation - Punk
    "Foobar" - 220 Keeper
    "Warfang" - 220 Fixer
    "Exoblast" - 220 NT
    "Venomisto" - 220 Agent
    "Tykot" - 207 Agent
    "Ramjet" - 164 Fixer
    PvP Vids: AOPunk on Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    Monthly Development Update – Dec 3rd 2012

Announcements

[*]Serenity islands will be closed down, due to the size of the city plot. All medium city buildings will be removed, so a medium city plot will no longer be needed.

Cheers,
    Ilaliya
    Just to make sure I get it right...

iCities are getting closed and we ain't getting a voucher? Does this mean any of the following:
    - orgs with iCities get the city transfered to the new area?
    - orgs with iCities need to start all over again without any vouchers and buy it all from the start?

Can we get an answer to this?
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Khlin View Post
    Just to make sure I get it right...

iCities are getting closed and we ain't getting a voucher? Does this mean any of the following:
    - orgs with iCities get the city transfered to the new area?
    - orgs with iCities need to start all over again without any vouchers and buy it all from the start?

Can we get an answer to this?
    You will get a voucher.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

woooaaahhhhhh

confirmed: almost there?

woooaaahhhhhh
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    You will get a voucher.
    Phew!!! Thanks a lot for putting this to rest.

Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

Wow!!!!

Scheol and Penumbra must be looking awesome with the new engine!!!!

Amazing work!

This all looks awesome. Exciting times .

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast