Thread: Monthly Development Update – Dec 3rd 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Thorneee View Post
    Ilalyia, on the 5th of November (last month's update) :

The announced target of the end of November has been missed, so I'm assuming there were bugs found during testing. Considering the festive season will be kicking off soon, I think I'm fairly safe saying it won't happen in 2012.
    I tire of chasing the golden carrot.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorneee View Post
    Ilalyia, on the 5th of November (last month's update) :

The announced target of the end of November has been missed, so I'm assuming there were bugs found during testing. Considering the festive season will be kicking off soon, I think I'm fairly safe saying it won't happen in 2012.
    I think the AO crew are just hoping for doomsday so they don't have to admit they botched timeframes again.

Funcom employee

Server merge won't hit live this year.

This process can't and won't be rushed as the risk is simply too great.
    We have to get this right to prevent characters from being damaged during the transition.

18.6.0 is a large complicated patch and we'll roll it out when we're confident it has been sufficiently tested.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

ouch
    Devil Inside

Spead 220/30 Fixer Fpea 170/24 Agent
    Default1025 144/18 Trader Imaganker 75/8 Agent
    Franklucas 30/3 Trader Battleprod 13/0 Trader
    And exactly 137 other alts that you dont need to know

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post

We have to get this right to prevent characters from being damaged during the transition.

18.6.0 is a large complicated patch and we'll roll it out when we're confident it has been sufficiently tested.
    And for this I thank you. I'd much rather wait until it's right than have it on time but with big problems. I can't even imagine how complicated it is to do that. And thanks for letting us know. I don't mind waiting. It's the not knowing that's hard.

Woot, thank god i didnt resubbed before the merger hit Live... Otherwise i would bem trully p***ed

Please consider giving us all free rent for 2013 while we wait for the server merge ... many are holding on to player cities so they can get the vouchers and bldg pkgs when the server merge comes.

I know my org has just enough left in the org bank to cover our rent thru the first week or so of 2013 ...

Kinnik

Lalaalaalaaa lalalalala lalala lalalalala lalaalaaaa
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I can’t give you a set date, but it will be this year. We’re shooting for end of this month....

Heh
    Cleric "Jpreston" Firstclass - Bureaucrat Squad Commander of Paradise

Whilst I am dissapointed you can't do it this year, I appreciate the honesty of posting this update.
    I'm looking forward to 'meeting' all the rk1 people when it goes live
    'Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.'

Fhinn, TL7 Neutral Gunslinger // Countinn, TL5 Neutral Trader
    Sleekitt TL5 Clan Fixer

Shattered Dreams, of ye olde RK2 Recruitment thread

So... no additional char slots either this year? Too bad... no new year's eve with AO this year for me...
    Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

Funcom employee

I've had to clean up this thread twice now. More infractions will roll if I have to come back a 3rd time.
    Expressing discontent or disagreement is perfectly fine if done so in a constructive manner.

However, throwing around insults and profanity is unacceptable and will cause your post to get moderated.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

I've had to clean up this thread twice now. More infractions will roll if I have to come back a 3rd time.
    Expressing discontent or disagreement is perfectly fine if done so in a constructive manner.

However, throwing around insults and profanity is unacceptable and will cause your post to get moderated.
    Vhab , i dont think after that announcement will be anything left to moderate....
    Cleric "Jpreston" Firstclass - Bureaucrat Squad Commander of Paradise

Constructive criticism over a failed promise that cost many people money? SURE!
    Good luck with your thread, Vhab!
    This cow has left you with no tit to milk
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Maybe time to go full free2play on AO too... atleast untill you deliver what have been promissed for so long.
    Last edited by Gralmuph; Dec 17th, 2012 at 20:27:40.
    R.I.P Mafia1337. You were to young to be knocking on Heavens door.

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

So another year with absolutely nothing. Wonderful.

Guys, be glad they got the christmas patch out before valentines, after all, with timeframes being handled the way they are we could end up with a bunch of lovebirds running around hunting santa suits ))
    Last edited by Pennypacker; Dec 17th, 2012 at 20:32:41.

God damn, at least offer the players you should be grateful for continuing to play your game some consessions for dealing with this crap.

I'm still surprised at how many people actually thought this was happening. Did we learn nothing from the engine upgrade?
    Based God.

Speaking of Christmas patch - where are the wild Antleets, Santaleets, Iceleets? So far just the big Santaleets camped by the x-mas trees...
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast