Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update – Dec 3rd 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    There's 5 work days in a week
    You can stop F5ing for now.
    im sick with the flu
    at least i can f5 all week now ))

So old weakly update, current monthly update is going to change to yearly update?
    Dragocz RK1

Yeah, still no update since last year :/

Man, terrible.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

wtf !!!
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Last edited by Onkelolsen; Jan 7th, 2013 at 21:19:33.
    Most gimped ranged nanomage adv. to ever hit Rimor

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    Actually, the original information was that the update would be the first Monday of the month going forward. This was set as the new standard.

The message saying it would be the second week due to the Holidays implies the second Monday without any other information; as the day of the week was already set (i.e Monday) and that was not changed by saying the second week of January.

Just sayin...
    The normal schedule is indeed "first Monday of the month".
    But as stated in the last update, due to holidays the update will be posted in the second week of January.
    This doesn't imply it'll be posted on a Monday for this particular month.

Unfortunately I don't personally know on which day exactly it'll be posted this week.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

The "second week" of a month, to me, means some day in the week, not a specific day of the week.

Also, today is the first Monday of the month. If the update was meant for today, there would have been no need to say the second week of the month.

[...]
    Last edited by Khrystanna; Jan 7th, 2013 at 21:48:00.
    Been here, done this...
    Time to move on...

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    The normal schedule is indeed "first Monday of the month".
    But as stated in the last update, due to holidays the update will be posted in the second week of January.
    This doesn't imply it'll be posted on a Monday for this particular month.

Unfortunately I don't personally know on which day exactly it'll be posted this week.
    Yes, it does. As the "day" of post wasn't announced as changed, only the "week".

As the announced schedule for updates gave both day and week of when updates would be posted., not saying the "day" may/would also change leaves the implication that the day would remain Monday for the January update.

This is exactly what "implied" means - since no other changes were given about the "day", only the "week" - the implication is the day would be unchanged.

Now, we can have fun with this all day long - but you folks know this - why would anyone be here looking for information if that wasn't implied?
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

if we cant recieve a simple update in a time,what can we expect for real stuff like engine,merge,new starter area and rebalance...
    Neutralizers

Enfomax01
    Cratishe
    Maxone
    Leetkilluh
    Moltenfury
    Enfomax
    Onemax

There's no point in arguing, really.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Xamofne View Post
    if we cant recieve a simple update in a time,what can we expect for real stuff like engine,merge,new starter area and rebalance...
    Uhm, have you been paying attention the last 5 years ? :P We can expect delays!

This song pretty much sums up when the update will come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0

Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    This song pretty much sums up when the update will come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0

Soon!
    Christ, 46mill views 200k+ likes , something's horribly wrong :X

Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker View Post
    Christ, 46mill views 200k+ likes , something's horribly wrong :X
    And over 900k dislikes. Pretty much the like/dislike bar sums up how everyone feels about AO development probably.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    Yes, it does. As the "day" of post wasn't announced as changed, only the "week".

As the announced schedule for updates gave both day and week of when updates would be posted., not saying the "day" may/would also change leaves the implication that the day would remain Monday for the January update.

This is exactly what "implied" means - since no other changes were given about the "day", only the "week" - the implication is the day would be unchanged.

Now, we can have fun with this all day long - but you folks know this - why would anyone be here looking for information if that wasn't implied?
    Alright, then by your reasoning it should be posted next Monday.
    As today is the first Monday of this month.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast