Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: S10 Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    Cool story Bro. And you never farmed anything else in AO with such a low chance of getting the item you want?
    nope. never.

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    Imagine starting out a new char and having to pay 10 million for a semi-rare nano.

The market for 220's is catering items to all level ranges once again. From my own perspective, a lot of before useless items have risen in price, since the demand shifted, and people don't stay 150 anymore.
    If you dont want to pay then go farm the nano yourself. You exactly prove the point about how people got lazier. What so only vets with alot of creds should be able to buy things they need without endless wasted hours of farming.

Secondly not everyone likes the crappy 220 scene. The 150 scene was cool the 220 scene is a dead end. Cant believe you use the same argument again, "everyone should just lvl fast to 220 instead of staying other lvls" S10 made lower lvl bots, symbs, nanos useful again.

Now pretty much everyone will follow the same crappy path, powerlvl to 205+ or 220 and then twink. or get the quest nanos instead.
    We live in a beautiful world

I dont think i've ever bought a nano unless it came from shop or garden. I always got my own stuff.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    I dont think i've ever bought a nano unless it came from shop or garden. I always got my own stuff.
    Ok so whats your problem with someone selling a nano for 10mill? If no one else is farming it and none is on gms, if i can sell for 50 mill ill try it. It has nothing to do with s10.

The reason prices have gone up is not because s10 gave people more creds, but instead because:
    1. Less people in game so less people farming.
    2. High demand for low drop items.
    3. people just being lazy.
    4. times have changed, people dont have time or want to waste days and hours camping dynas, when they can do other things and play other games. (There are so many more of them now than in the past.)

Quote Originally Posted by edmaster3 View Post
    Ok so whats your problem with someone selling a nano for 10mill? If no one else is farming it and none is on gms, if i can sell for 50 mill ill try it. It has nothing to do with s10.
    I don't have a problem with what you price you loot for. I have a problem with players who complain about not being able to farm credits in s10.

Trying to buy instead of just farming their own gear and boo hoo about prices and credit costs.

You can make a very serviceable toon for free with ofab gear at any lvl. Regular mission rewards and shop loot can pay for implants/symbs. You can mission for nanos. Even end game gear is free if you are willing to team for it enough times.
    Last edited by Psikie; Dec 22nd, 2012 at 18:44:55.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    I don't have a problem with what you price you loot for. I have a problem with players who complain about not being able to farm credits in s10.

Trying to buy instead of just farming their own gear and boo hoo about prices and credit costs.

You can make a very serviceable toon for free with ofab gear at any lvl. Regular mission rewards and shop loot can pay for implants/symbs. You can mission for nanos. Even end game gear is free if you are willing to team for it enough times.
    1. Farming creds in s10 was a CHOICE, just as camping and buying is a CHOICE. But many s10 was actually fun, you actually had fun while making creds.
    2. BTW you are talking about alot of vets when you talk about people who want to buy instead of farm. So yeah let them cry, they will still buy anyway, its the new people that cant afford them ANYMORE.

3. You joking right? By time you make enough vp to buy a full set of lvl 30 ofab, you are already lvl 50. You cant get vp enough vp. Shop food and mission rewards for symbs is a joke, even a lvl 220 mission will only net you about 400k a mission. Also with missions its a catch 22, you need to be good to make alot of creds fast but you need a lot of creds to be good.

4. Lol OK, without friends or buying gear go try find a team as a mp to get endgame stuff. No offense but if it was easy to get a team at 220 no one would have a problem. Most people only team with friends or org mates, as for raid bots you have to be on when they are running them.

And Psikie we are talking about today, not 7 years or 3 years ago when ao had more people

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    ah yes. spend 30 minutes for a 10% chance to have a bot that isn't worth shopfooding drop. how lovely.
    Some say that the right way to do it is to macro raid 8 wave of lvl 1 hacker and just spend 5 minutes in front of the comp killing the general.

I think that fix the OP's issue of a casual credit farm too.

Quote Originally Posted by Djiax View Post
    Some say that the right way to do it is to macro raid 8 wave of lvl 1 hacker and just spend 5 minutes in front of the comp killing the general.

I think that fix the OP's issue of a casual credit farm too.
    I am not really understanding what you are saying. But thats pretty much not going to fix anything. It means take all the fun out of city raids and hope for a drop. and you will still need a city to do it and 1 hour wait time before you can do another.

Drop rate of city raids is actually fine. Fc just needs to nerf the horrendous downtime between raids. Cuz this is not real life, ppl tend to shy away from working long hours for moderate amount of money.

Quote Originally Posted by cheolis View Post
    Drop rate of city raids is actually fine. Fc just needs to nerf the horrendous downtime between raids. Cuz this is not real life, ppl tend to shy away from working long hours for moderate amount of money.
    Thats why city raids are not fine.

I still cant believe how many people still saying ao is FINE. Hardly anyone plays, its racked with problems and it isnt getting any new people. Eventually it is going to continue to be FINE and they will have to close it down AO.

I see they are trying more failed events to cater to the people still left but more importantly the vets. Instead of failed events, JUST BRING BACK S10. At least that way they can be doing something while complaining on forums.

S10 is fine. It's great infact, making a 150 MA twink right now to play it again. The only thing removed was cru and nodrops.. everything else is improved. You can take your 220 and farm S42 for nodrops and cru, it's about as hard as s10 used to be.

Relays still drop and people are desperate to buy them, so price is better than ever.

Each s10 twink can easily farm rk dynas. I will do an experiment later and relay how much credits I get from 10 200ish PW dynas. But chances are way more than 4 mil. Results of 10 minute of PW dyna hunting.. 9 dynas killed 2 and a half backpacks filled with lewt. 3 nanos useful for selling that I priced for 500k-1000k (top fixer and advy weapon buffs + engineer 195 pet something buff) and a grand total of 4.2 milion credits of shopflood. Sounds remarkably like S10 after an awesome 10 minutes, when you get 1 nodrop. That one instruction disc seems to be priced at 10-20mil on GMI so equivilent of relay droped for me. I can imagine RK mission farming would be just as profitable. All those ncu's, belts, nanos, everything that shopfloods for 200-300k, you can bag a lot in 10 minutes.

AO however is not fine. You need a 220 to make leveling enjoyable. Mostly it's solo, slow or lame (hecks (tm)). Equipment you can get on your own while leveling is laughable. That are the biggest issues. You cannot get resonable equipment while leveling. Most 150 twinks can't get even a fraction of their equipment on their own... The real problem is one needs about 6 months to get in to pvp and be competitive in it.
    Last edited by Georgesmith; Dec 30th, 2012 at 17:34:56.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

I would've thought the person(s) looting from the /failed/ events would beg to differ! I'm sure they had a great time...

OT; City raids aren't as bad as people try to make it seem. You still have a chance to make some *extremely* good credits if you have the patience to farm a bit.

IMO it's the 'zomg i gotta have everything right now or I ragegquit AO' sort of attitude that's helping to move this games direction in some odd places. :/

It just seems to me that there are so many people that could do with smelling the roses occasionally, so to speak.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

its not about how "extremely good" the prices of city loot, its about the cred/hour they provide.

and in any case S10s most important selling point was mindless farmzoring of greenies. It was a total grind fest, everything we are complaining against. CRU should be reintroduced. But not nodrops. Keep those away. Maybe improve its AI xp generating ability.

In any case I am making a twink for it again. I miss the old place, and people now pay 40M for relays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Georgesmith View Post
    and in any case S10s most important selling point was mindless farmzoring of greenies. It was a total grind fest, everything we are complaining against. CRU should be reintroduced. But not nodrops. Keep those away. Maybe improve its AI xp generating ability.

In any case I am making a twink for it again. I miss the old place, and people now pay 40M for relays.
    Last time I was looking for relays I spent about 2 hours and killed roughly 250 mobs without a SINGLE. USEFUL. SELLABLE. DROP.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

I am glad you are optimistic. But sadden that you can say a place you havent been to in a long while is fine.
    It was a slightly dangerous grind fest, social place, solo place, team place, alien xp place, loot place and twink place. But it was a place you could have seen viable results. Not the mindless killing for nothing, you actually made PROGRESS, bettering yourself with creds, and soloing skills The fact that even you stopped says something. I am dying to find out how long you stay in there.
    It is a total grind fest for nothing now.

S10 is fine. It's great infact, making a 150 MA twink right now to play it again. The only thing removed was cru and nodrops.. everything else is improved. You can take your 220 and farm S42 for nodrops and cru, it's about as hard as s10 used to be.

Relays still drop and people are desperate to buy them, so price is better than ever.

Each s10 twink can easily farm rk dynas. I will do an experiment later and relay how much credits I get from 10 200ish PW dynas. But chances are way more than 4 mil. Results of 10 minute of PW dyna hunting.. 9 dynas killed 2 and a half backpacks filled with lewt. 3 nanos useful for selling that I priced for 500k-1000k (top fixer and advy weapon buffs + engineer 195 pet something buff) and a grand total of 4.2 milion credits of shopflood. Sounds remarkably like S10 after an awesome 10 minutes, when you get 1 nodrop. That one instruction disc seems to be priced at 10-20mil on GMI so equivilent of relay droped for me. I can imagine RK mission farming would be just as profitable. All those ncu's, belts, nanos, everything that shopfloods for 200-300k, you can bag a lot in 10 minutes.

AO however is not fine. You need a 220 to make leveling enjoyable. Mostly it's solo, slow or lame (hecks (tm)). Equipment you can get on your own while leveling is laughable. That are the biggest issues. You cannot get resonable equipment while leveling. Most 150 twinks can't get even a fraction of their equipment on their own... The real problem is one needs about 6 months to get in to pvp and be competitive in it.
    Let me give you a hint on how this experiment of yours is going to work out. You'll build that MA, you'll go inside, you'll be amazed of the ammount of damage you do o a few aliens and then you start to get bored, and bored, and bored, and your inventory still doesn't have two relays, or one.
    Also, good luck making any profit from PW dynas. Or better yet, good luck making enough profit to gear your toons from farming PW dynas.
    Quote Originally Posted by sultryvoltron View Post
    Last time I was looking for relays I spent about 2 hours and killed roughly 250 mobs without a SINGLE. USEFUL. SELLABLE. DROP.
    Did the same. Saw the relays were selling for 50-60m so I decided to give it a shot. After about 200 aliens killed I quit it for good.
    It is a total grind fest for nothing now.
    Couldn't have said it better.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

But many s10 was actually fun, you actually had fun while making creds.
    s10 was fun? No way, s10 stopped being fun as soon as people stopped actually raiding the place.

The whole place needs a damn overhaul.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

s10 was a large amount of fun not because of the credits but because of the fact that people made twinks for it. Before s10 was ruined, the 150 BS used to run quite frequently and was definitely a whole lot more fun than its 220 counterpart.

It was a grind but it was enjoyable because you would see so many people in one place just doing their own thing, and after an hour or so of farming theyd get bored and have go do some PVP (BS, Towers, duels etc.)

I never grinded much myself but i loved s10 because it brought so many twinks to the table, a new player was able to easily farm the gear he needed to make a 150 twink and PVP with it, something that is extremely difficult to do now. "OH WHY DONT U BLITZ MISSIONS BRO" - calm down, missions are way more mindnumbing than s10 ever was and provide less benefits. S10 had a social aspect to it where you would see others doing what you are, making the game feel more alive.

After FC ruined tl5 pvp by changing the BS from 174 to 200 the 150 range was the only fun thing left, they went and ruined that aswell by using their wonderful intuition that has helped them make the game so wonderful in the past.

I dont care if my post doesnt make sense, are u mad?

Quote Originally Posted by Youmad View Post
    the 150 BS used to run quite frequently and was definitely a whole lot more fun than its 220 counterpart.
    idk what was so fun about enfos and traders with RRFE running around facesmashing greys, but ok.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast