Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: S10 Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Amickson View Post
    Logical argument, but one flaw - there isn't any development in 220 content area in AO. The last addition was Gauntlet more than year ago and that last for month max (and that was mainly due 18h lockout mechanic, not because it was too hard/challenging/time consuming at all). Personally I get everything from Gauntlet in the time of free month for my 3 220 chars, killing through once per 3 days as my job allow me to play only at evenings.
    Xan hub- nerveta/arid/mitaar/vortex/12m, collector, instanced pande, gauntlet. Dustbrigade 1-2-3, db questline, inferno has tons of quests and dynas. RK has plenty of high level encounters from pvp tara to hollow island. There is plenty of things to do. If people honestly had so much fun in s10, they would still be there. It wasn't about the fun it was about the ease that vets could collect free credits and to an extent credit farmers working 24hour shifts making free credits pushing new players out of the instance.

The point is i've seen a lot of posts about how great s10 was for something fun to do. Bounties should be irrelevant to that fun and if those are honest statements there isn't anything stopping anyone from going there. Do I think bounties killed economy no, but I think bounties gave an excuse to players to stay there. The real money was and still is in lead bots for s10. Players are always looking for an edge and if they could make credits while farming to make even more credits from bots it was a win win situation and good use of time by killing 2 birds with 1 stone. Now it's easier to farm xan instances time wise.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

I have never seen these so call vets chasing anyone out of S10. It was an area where even low toons could get kills at the entrance.

And no offense with your misguided xan hub suggesting. But all you are saying again is get to 220 so you can have fun. Not to mention EVERYTHING you mentioned there NEEDS a TEAM. Basically if you arent a crat, doc or DD (one of the useful professions) you will not get a team for.
    Again not to mention spending your limited playing time waiting for other people, and hoping to get a chance to actually play the game.

The reason s10 is dead now is because there is no point to doing it. You just spend hours killing mobs for negligible xp and extremely low aixp. You gain nothing and make no progress. Its pretty much pointless to do it now.

Psikie most of those areas are pretty much dead also, because of lack of population, and its hard to do them unless you have RL friends in the game. S10 was one of the places where you DIDNT NEED other people to enjoy the game.
    We live in a beautiful world

Quote Originally Posted by edmaster3 View Post
    And no offense with your misguided xan hub suggesting. But all you are saying again is get to 220 so you can have fun.
    No what I was saying is that the direction from devs is that they want forward progress to 220, not stagnation at 150. Which is where the majority of new development happens. Personally I have plenty of fun in totw and doing rk missions.

The reason s10 is dead now is because there is no point to doing it. You just spend hours killing mobs for negligible xp and extremely low aixp. You gain nothing and make no progress. Its pretty much pointless to do it now.
    Bull$pit cop-out answer. If s10 was sooo fun and enjoyable to do solo why are you complaining instead of playing in there solo now? Whats pointless about it now? You still get axp, isn't that the main reason to kill aliens?

S10 was one of the places where you DIDNT NEED other people to enjoy the game.
    So let me get this straight...it's no longer any fun to solo kill aliens in s10 because it's pointless unless you can collect bounties??? Doesn't that totally invalidate your argument? From your argument I have gathered you never had fun in s10 killing aliens, you had fun collecting bounties. Which was a side effect of killing aliens.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Bull$pit cop-out answer. If s10 was sooo fun and enjoyable to do solo why are you complaining instead of playing in there solo now? Whats pointless about it now? You still get axp, isn't that the main reason to kill aliens?
    You haven't really spent much time in s10 have you?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by sultryvoltron View Post
    You haven't really spent much time in s10 have you?
    I still have my 150 MA camped in there. I still play it every blue moon.

I never played s10 because of the bounties I played in s10 because at the time it was popular it was the only way to get axp other than city raids. But you couldn't really get city raids run unless you had CRU. You could only get CRU from s10 or team mission boss. It "WAS" the least stressful and consistent way to get axp. Now a days axp daily missions are better. However my toon is max ai lvl so I don't do much s10 unless i'm helping an org mate in there.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    I still have my 150 MA camped in there. I still play it every blue moon.

I never played s10 because of the bounties I played in s10 because at the time it was popular it was the only way to get axp other than city raids. But you couldn't really get city raids run unless you had CRU. You could only get CRU from s10 or team mission boss. It "WAS" the least stressful and consistent way to get axp. Now a days axp daily missions are better. However my toon is max ai lvl so I don't do much s10 unless i'm helping an org mate in there.
    S10 aliens used to give less axp/hour than easy LE missions...
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

With introduction of alien daily mission all other sources of axp diminished. Nothing can compare in effectivity. Killing mob after mob was never fun and daily missions were one of few AO changes i like.
    So no one sane person will ever kill aliens in sec10 for axp only. The xp/axp/sk is not enough incentive to play. The axp even less, as ai perks are almost all subpar and there's no other rewards.
    RK1: Amickson 220/30 ENG - equip, Aztea 220/30 MA - equip, Adirae 220/30 ENF

If FC were to double the axp gained from those aliens and put ICE back, the zone would be visited from time to time by people who farm city raids and are SICK of buying backpacks of ICE for retarded prices.
    If FC were to add a decent droprate to relays, it would be visited even more.
    If FC were to add bounties back and make a lock on number of bounties traded/day, the zone would be alive and well, economy wouldn't be affected, lvl150 BS would happen, more tl5 wars would happen, more city raids would happen, more supple bots become available wich will reduce price and MORE PEOPLE WOULD BE HAPPY!
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Here are some money making methods s10 nerf has gave us.

CRU prices skyrocketed - go farm mish bosses for it, it also gave froobs good way to earn money (i did that when i was froob 5 years ago).
    Bots price - they will go even higher because CRU is so expensive. So go farm some CRU and pop few bosses, maybe you will get lucky and earn some big money. And don't tell me how low drop rate is on bots, its 10% on average.

Also im a hardcore pvm player and a creds junkie, and believe me when i say, there is a good way to earn money at every level range, hard or easy, but it takes time and you wont be able to buy AI armor from it, after all its endgame armor, it isn't supposed to be easy to get.
    S10 however made it easy. I was averaging 50-100m/h there, that's like 5-10 hours of mindless farming for a piece of endgame gear (for 220). Everyone got used to it and now they cant go back to old farming and use arguments like "omg a new player cant get money anywhere,unless u have tl7 or have 220 friends" and things like that. Just stop, its pathetic.

However after all that hate i have to agree with some suggestions here.
    Bring back bounty's (500k-1m ones)
    Boost AXP from aliens.
    SOON™coming back...
    Neosh 220/20 Shade | Neokirurg 220/21 Doc crit setup | Neoc 216/18 Crat
    Shades are really invisible (from FC point of view)
    Patterns/symbs SALE ----- Refined imps SALE

Every vet knows how to make billions in AO. Sec10 wasn't all about the money, trust me! It was about epeen, pvp, different setups, teaming.
    Not everyone had a powerhouse MA in there, so noobs DID go in and made decent income.
    You did NOT make 50-100m/hour in there. 50 maybe, but 100 no way, unless you popped generals.
    Sec10 gave us something to do. I'm SICK of seeing pande, I'll never go there again for all days I have left. I'm SICK of farming LoX. Those instances, pande and LoX, gave out 5x more money then sec10 in the same time spent there, so only a noob would prefer making money for end-game in sec10.
    Our suggestions are good tho and would revive the area, but people thinking sec10 income was a gamebreaker are, like you said, pathetic.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Quote Originally Posted by Neosh1 View Post
    . So go farm some CRU and pop few bosses, maybe you will get lucky and earn some big money. And don't tell me how low drop rate is on bots, its 10% on average.
    ah yes. spend 30 minutes for a 10% chance to have a bot that isn't worth shopfooding drop. how lovely.

10% chance drop on ANY bot, with only 1/6 of the bots being worth a significant amount of money. unless my math is wrong, 1/6 = 0.16. 10% of 0.166...67 is 0.017.

so we have a 1.7% chance of getting a valuable bot. this is not taking into account QL's. you have about a 50% chance of having a sub-240 bot, making it essentially almost worthless. so for a 1 hour time investment (30 minute ground raid + 30 minutes picking your nose waiting for cloak to be ready so you can fix it) you have a whopping 0.85% chance of getting a valuable bot. trololol?

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    ah yes. spend 30 minutes for a 10% chance to have a bot that isn't worth shopfooding drop. how lovely.

10% chance drop on ANY bot, with only 1/6 of the bots being worth a significant amount of money. unless my math is wrong, 1/6 = 0.16. 10% of 0.166...67 is 0.017.

so we have a 1.7% chance of getting a valuable bot. this is not taking into account QL's. you have about a 50% chance of having a sub-240 bot, making it essentially almost worthless. so for a 1 hour time investment (30 minute ground raid + 30 minutes picking your nose waiting for cloak to be ready so you can fix it) you have a whopping 0.85% chance of getting a valuable bot. trololol?
    You are trying to confuse me with math and statistics!
    SOON™coming back...

You are trying to confuse me with math and statistics!
    Actually, he is telling us the chances of a supple bot ql 240+ drops from an City raid. Pretty acurate. And he also round everything up not down ;3
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Actually, he is telling us the chances of a supple bot ql 240+ drops from an City raid. Pretty acurate. And he also round everything up not down ;3
    Yea, but supple is most valuable, there are 3 other kinds that are worth something.
    SOON™coming back...

Yea, but supple is most valuable, there are 3 other kinds that are worth something.
    You guys forced me to add street cred to my signature.

Where exactly are yall popping the generals, you mean s10 or City. Either way the farming isnt worth it anymore, I know people who been farming there cities days and didnt get much of anything.
    With so many other choices out there why should people sit and wait in ao is the question you have to ask. I am not saying drastically change AO but give people things to do solo. eg. S10
    We live in a beautiful world

Used up 2 backpacks full of ICE trying to get some nice bots to sell. I only managed to sell a Communications Relay for 15m. Rest was junk and no bot droped.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

One more thing to consider: sec10 wasn't only about endlessly farming bounties a popping generals. There was a huge economic behind in making ai armor for twinks, farming symbs, rare sl weapon, nanos etc. All this has gone. No demand, no creds. The same market doesn't exists for 220 as most endgame equipment is nodrop, so only economy involved is lootrights selling.
    RK1: Amickson 220/30 ENG - equip, Aztea 220/30 MA - equip, Adirae 220/30 ENF

One more thing to consider: sec10 wasn't only about endlessly farming bounties a popping generals. There was a huge economic behind in making ai armor for twinks, farming symbs, rare sl weapon, nanos etc. All this has gone. No demand, no creds. The same market doesn't exists for 220 as most endgame equipment is nodrop, so only economy involved is lootrights selling.
    Thats true. On rk2 i used to earn money in s10 for my account but the real income came from spawning boss mobs, not farming bounties. While having both MA and engi who i think are the highest DDs out there with excellent equip (almost full ai with exception of dchest on engi and ofab pants on ma, rbp, capped axp etc.) i never got even close to what people claim (100, 200, once i even saw someone talking about 300 mln per hour from bounties alone lololol). It was more in 20 - 30 mln department for me. Spawning boss mobs on the other hand was excellent, but it was even better if you didnt farm your own relays just buy them from random people for 20 mln, pop boss and grab an average 50 mln from it. It wasnt worth farming them on your own.

When i rerolled on rk1 i went with basic armor route. As long as s10 was active it was an easy income for a newbie character but when it was "fixed" this source of money went dry. I think current demand is around 1/3 of what it used to be or even worse.

Most I ever got from bounties and relays totals 350m in 5 hours of pure grind on my MA. A LOT of aliens killed.
    Btw, crats are the best DD in sector10 with the condition that you charm two high level spiders. My crat(now 200) was also a sector10 twink. If I charmed the two spiders on the right, at the entrance, I would do enough DD to outdamage anyone untill I got to the center area where higher level spiders were available. With 2 of those, damage is amazing!
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Cool story Bro. And you never farmed anything else in AO with such a low chance of getting the item you want?

True that. The other side of the coin is, that leveling characters don't have to skip gearing up between 130 and 170 now anymore. Implanting a char around that level used to cost several 100 millions.

Imagine starting out a new char and having to pay 10 million for a semi-rare nano.

The market for 220's is catering items to all level ranges once again. From my own perspective, a lot of before useless items have risen in price, since the demand shifted, and people don't stay 150 anymore.
    Last edited by Shareida; Dec 19th, 2012 at 20:35:33.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast