Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: S10 Feedback

Ok its time to lay down the some cold hard facts.
    My only purpose here is to get people back, so ao wouldn't keep falling.

Neosh1, just because you see some people dosen't mean the population isnt low. Some people like me, just log on to keep in touch with friends. Also all that is in the past and we cant go back to it.

Zwelgje you are right, there are still many accounts with billions on it, so the s10 nerf didnt help at all.
    Manly the people who called for the s10 nerf were people who already used s10 to fund there rise from 150-220. Without being in a big org you cant do this without alot of creds, or a hell load of luck.

Thirdly I don't see anyone complaining about how they nerfed s10 so they could create a legitimate money for creds business with the items shop. How you could basically buy creds, levels and skills. Just saying!!

Lastly s10 wasnt all about the creds it was a community, you had a higher chance of getting a team in s10, than s7 and DR (dark ruins, yeah no one remembers this) combined. If you werent one of the "Good professions."
    It funded your rise on an alt from 1-220, It allowed you to see progress in creds making without wasting your life afking and had a good community with BS (battlestation, yeah this is dead to).
    For me it was a slow cred cred maker but it was fun.

The truth is because a lot of the vets basically chasing newcomers away. The only true re-balance would be a full reset (Which will never happen)
    We live in a beautiful world

Quote Originally Posted by Neosh1 View Post
    People always say how xx% of people left ao because of some nerf and then i log in and see theres still people ingame, so that statement is not true at all.
    Now, here is the list of things i do when i need money:
    Farm patterns for pricy symbs(and kill bosses later) or inf key.
    Sell LR for WU (dont know how that goes nowdays)
    Farm Alb minibossses with a friend (always good for steady income)
    DB2 infusers
    Get a group of friends to farm dreads, sell LR, split profit.
    Reselling items.

GL&HF farming, AO is just like that if u need something u need to take your time and farm, ALOT. Deal with it
    All those things require you to be lvl 220, have friends that are also lvl 220 and to make things even worse play profession that has some uses in pvm. S10 was good because lone newcomer could jump in, farm a few bounties alone or with people around the entrance and at last have money for some basic equipment. Removing bounties made only few things cheaper (mostly tl5 twink equiipemnt that no one needs anymore) but many things are getting more expensive than ever. Its all about supply vs demand. When s10 was active you could make +23 cc armor part for like 150 mln per piece because there were many bots flowating around. Nowadays they cost 300+ / piece but is not only about in game trade. AO is just expensive when it comes to buying equipment from vendors. Ive a tl7 leveling engi and i think keeping my nanos up to date did cost me around 100 mln alone. I collect every single pearl and monster part i can, process them and sell but its just not enough to cover my expenses. With so many cred sinks (cities, vendors, sales tax, full perk resets) and so few ways to generate creds out of the system i expect deflation here. Estabilished players will live anyway as they had years to accumulate their wealth. For new people, if there are any at all, it will be even harder than it was before.

Ciex, i couldnt explain it better myself.
    FC Didnt ofset the bits drop rates to counter act the hole created when intrest in s10 bosses died. Hence supply died, and prices raised again.

This only continue to prove the nerf failed and in fact only made ao worst

Pre NW RBP/Dchest/HNTA/GA4 costs where around the 1bil mark.

Peoples still had money to buy those items. So get over your lazy bums.

You call making a 150/20/full research MA in full 230 CC, 275 ofab pants, RBP/aura magnifier, expensive symbs...."lazy bums"?
    Sector10 did not only provide people money, granted they took the extra effort, but it was a community involving both pvp and pvm and ALSO a source of decent income for people with jobs and little time available.
    So why keep it away from us or remove it completly, when there are ways(explained and suggested around the forum) to change the instance so it doesn't affect economy?
    2m/bounty, reintroduce ICE and get rid of the instanced version so teams can actually do those bosses(that NEED a grid armor nuke). Will this destroy the economy?
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Quote Originally Posted by Malraux View Post
    2m/bounty,
    reintroduce ICE
    get rid of the instanced version so teams can actually do those bosses(that NEED a grid armor nuke).
    This mans speaks the truth, these changes would fix the sector again. It used to be so lively, filled with teams and a nice way for newcomers to improve their gear before leveling again. The 150 bs used to be one of the most fun ranges around but its completely dead now too.

The changes made completely backfired.
    Toyhazard 220/30/70 Engie
    Dwix 220/30/70 Fix
    Deathwalkerz 220/30/70 Advie
    Deathsrow 170/24/42 Advie
    Rowsofdeath 161/22/42 Fix
    Buckket 118/11 Agent
    Lemonparty 85/9 Tard
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

BUMP for bringing sector10 back!!!
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

I agree with Deathsrow and Malraux.
    The lvl 150 was the best community AO had left outside of big orgs.
    You could use s10 to get creds you need to lvl higher.

We should PETITION to get it back. At least that will give me with something to do other than just log for a few secs to talk to friends.

I never farmed S10 but still amassed a sizable wealth. Wonder how I managed that...
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    I never farmed S10 but still amassed a sizable wealth. Wonder how I managed that...
    Yeah so did many ignot farmers, people who bought creds and accounts. People who had rl friends powerlvl them to 220 to run a lot of instances with them.
    Also people with time to waste, camping, pocket kiting. Other than trade-skilling a lot of it requires a good toon, friends or a lot of experience. Or just luck.

This post was never saying it wasn't possible to make creds withouts10.
    It was simply that s10 was a good community and cred source and removing (nerfing) it was a mistake. They nerfed it to please vets some of whom were on break from ao.
    Vets were upset that more people could afford the good/rare items they buy and it raised prices for them.

Quote Originally Posted by edmaster3 View Post
    Yeah so did many ignot farmers, people who bought creds and accounts. People who had rl friends powerlvl them to 220 to run a lot of instances with them.
    Also people with time to waste, camping, pocket kiting. Other than trade-skilling a lot of it requires a good toon, friends or a lot of experience. Or just luck.

This post was never saying it wasn't possible to make creds withouts10.
    It was simply that s10 was a good community and cred source and removing (nerfing) it was a mistake. They nerfed it to please vets some of whom were on break from ao.
    Vets were upset that more people could afford the good/rare items they buy and it raised prices for them.
    I was all for the removal of S10 simply because of how retarded the cash flow was. If you have one place that eclipses the rest of the game in terms of monetary income, the rest of the game becomes dead. Nobody bothered camping SL dynas because it wasn't good money, so the remaining dyna loot sky-rocketed in price.

And so on and so forth. Inflation from S10 destroyed the economy AGAIN and as far as I can tell, it hasn't recovered. Asking for this back is just a sign of how lazy you are. (sorry lazy.)
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

ebay item shop?

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    ebay item shop?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLT6BryzYpQ
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

I was all for the removal of S10 simply because of how retarded the cash flow was. If you have one place that eclipses the rest of the game in terms of monetary income, the rest of the game becomes dead. Nobody bothered camping SL dynas because it wasn't good money, so the remaining dyna loot sky-rocketed in price.

And so on and so forth. Inflation from S10 destroyed the economy AGAIN and as far as I can tell, it hasn't recovered. Asking for this back is just a sign of how lazy you are. (sorry lazy.)
    Whoa whoa whoa. S10 didn't destroy anything, people just got lazier and smarter. Why should they spend 4 hours to days camping a dyna and get nothing, when they can slowly camp s10 for a few days to be able to afford it? Also if more people want something, ill sell it at a higher price.

Cant believe you call farming s10 for 2 hours straight to get 50mill lazy, compared to camping a dyna for 2 hours maybe get lucky and get 200m

People want to see themselves making progress, camping a dyna for hours is wasting your life and the money you spent on the game. Especially since there are so many other mmorpg's out there.
    It is evident since the average amount of people collectively on both servers is about 850, that the nerfed failed. Its a game you are here to have fun not wait for spawns and fight with vets for spawn kills.

Its a game you are here to have fun not wait for spawns and fight with vets for spawn kills.
    QFT
    Bump for revival of sector10!!!
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Whoa whoa whoa. S10 didn't destroy anything, people just got lazier and smarter. Why should they spend 4 hours to days camping a dyna and get nothing, when they can slowly camp s10 for a few days to be able to afford it? Also if more people want something, ill sell it at a higher price.

Cant believe you call farming s10 for 2 hours straight to get 50mill lazy, compared to camping a dyna for 2 hours maybe get lucky and get 200m

People want to see themselves making progress, camping a dyna for hours is wasting your life and the money you spent on the game. Especially since there are so many other mmorpg's out there.
    It is evident since the average amount of people collectively on both servers is about 850, that the nerfed failed. Its a game you are here to have fun not wait for spawns and fight with vets for spawn kills.
    You're telling me it took you 2 hours to get 10 bounties? An item which had a roughly 15-20% chance to drop? Not counting Relays worth 25m+ which dropped every now and then?

You're also telling me you didn't fight others for spawn spots in S10?

laf.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

I was meaning in general. Not all the toons that do s10 are power house professions. some actually take longer to kill stuff. All this is not the main point though.

s10 is infact not broken as people say. In olden days i got 5 nodrops and about 1 relay. Relays were 20-25 mil a piece. Now they are 35+, so if anything s10 is just as good as it once was, just people want an easy way out of player interactive trading.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

I would like to join this "little" discussion about S10. I am not new to AO, I have played since it was released on the market. I too am a vet with BILLIONS of credits and not all of them were made in S10, some were made the "old fashioned way" by farming. However, I am an officer in an Org that has seen its population go from 120 to 3 in a matter of 6 months. It is not because of the Org or leadership, it is because of game content (posted on Org board) and frustration with FC. Now as an Org we must struggle to pay City Rent on a 147million credit city with 3 players and only 2 that are really active. What about those expensive cities for Orgs that are dying? What about the Orgs that want to SHARE, YES ACTUALLY SHARE the wealth of S10 with Org Members and pay for items to help their Org members? Why should the Orgs suffer to "balance" an economy that isnt balanced? I still see posts in the shopping channel to BUY CREDITS!!! If S10 was back there would be no need for people to resort to buying credits or toons. It is not lazy to spend hours farming S10, it is a way of life in AO, it is not lazy to spend 4 months building the Super 150 Twink to farm S10, it is a way of life. I have 2 Super 150 Twinks and 2 Super 60 Twinks that took a full year to make, How can you call that Lazy? Bring S10 Back and if you are worried about the economy, tone down the bounty resell value.

I was meaning in general. Not all the toons that do s10 are power house professions. some actually take longer to kill stuff. All this is not the main point though.
    No the main point is how much money was being poured into the economy by S10 and how it was detrimental.

Quote Originally Posted by AzRednekk View Post
    I would like to join this "little" discussion about S10. I am not new to AO, I have played since it was released on the market. I too am a vet with BILLIONS of credits and not all of them were made in S10, some were made the "old fashioned way" by farming. However, I am an officer in an Org that has seen its population go from 120 to 3 in a matter of 6 months. It is not because of the Org or leadership, it is because of game content (posted on Org board) and frustration with FC. Now as an Org we must struggle to pay City Rent on a 147million credit city with 3 players and only 2 that are really active. What about those expensive cities for Orgs that are dying? What about the Orgs that want to SHARE, YES ACTUALLY SHARE the wealth of S10 with Org Members and pay for items to help their Org members? Why should the Orgs suffer to "balance" an economy that isnt balanced? I still see posts in the shopping channel to BUY CREDITS!!! If S10 was back there would be no need for people to resort to buying credits or toons. It is not lazy to spend hours farming S10, it is a way of life in AO, it is not lazy to spend 4 months building the Super 150 Twink to farm S10, it is a way of life. I have 2 Super 150 Twinks and 2 Super 60 Twinks that took a full year to make, How can you call that Lazy? Bring S10 Back and if you are worried about the economy, tone down the bounty resell value.
    Every org has been having problems, don't try and use that as ammo for your argument. How did orgs pay for cities in the time between S10 and Ingots? As for "a way of life in AO". Hilarious.

Here is a tip for you, 147mil a month is anything but difficult to get, using the word "struggle" only reinforces the thought that you are not as veteran as you say you are. You can make that amount with a single bot drop on a 220.

Overall, your entire post seems like a cry about spending creds on twinks in the hope of return investment but came to the party too late.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast