Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: S10 Feedback

S10 Feedback

In your war upon cred balance/ getting creds out of the game. S10 war. You did exactly what you usually do, cater to a few set of people and screw everyone else.

After returning from 6 months training to find myself trying ot pay for my city buy doing something I can do semi afk. Usually this would be going to s10 with my very pricy twink, now i have nothing to do and I need to make creds, without wasting to much time. I went from a addict to a casual gamer.

As Far as i can see the s10 nerf did nothing but drop AO population more than 50%.
    The only reason i got expansion was because I saw that s10 was a sure way to make creds being paid without having to depend on anyone, wait on anyone and pretty much is the result of your skill to stay alive.

Ao is about choice, bring back the choices, you don't have choices in weapons anymore cause almost all rk and dungeon ones are dreadful.

It may not be a perfect solution, but you need a way for casual gamers to make creds without spending to much time. With s10, it was someplace where you could see actually progress.

Even though the engine and graphics update will bring back alot of people, if the known problems aren't fixed people will just leave again. Ao didnt survive long because it was a beautiful game, it lasted cause of its content.
    We live in a beautiful world

Bump for reviving sector10.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

This is still going on?

Quote Originally Posted by edmaster3 View Post
    . Ao didnt survive long because it was a beautiful game, it lasted cause of its content.
    If you call a broken ATM content...
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Yeah, I love the way of making casual creds off of s10. Easy and pretty productive. People would probably call me a noob, but making creds by farming unique items that is hardcore camped or with rediculous droprate kind of sucks - I honestly don't know any other good way of making good money with little time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    If you call a broken ATM content...
    Yes it was content, gave people something to do, a sure way to make creds without dealing with to much frustration. PLUS!!!

A broken ATM which is mostly always full is better than a cardboard box painted like a ATM.

A area that is so unusable it is always empty serves no purpose and is pretty much a waste of content and effort.
    If they made the area better like increasing mob lvls the deeper you go so any lvl can gain aixp it might be useful. But right now its just another dead instance like almost all the others.
    When the AO boom comes after the releases, I am 100% sure vets are going to screw things up again fast.
    Dear AO help newcomers and casual players, and for once ignore the mostly self serving vets.

Bump for Sec10. "Me wants it back"!!! NOW!!

I am making a sector 10 twink, to farm relays. It seems those are starting to go for silly prices way higher than in s10 hayday.

I seriusly believe s10 might be better than it ever was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Tried that. After killing 200 aliens with 0 drop....it gets sad.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Ive visited it a few tomes on some of my 150s (yes, i have 4 150 twinks and really enjoyed this PF and 150 BS before it was destroyed) and never seen anyone inside. I also dont see people selling relays via dnet nor people looking to buy them. Yup, it seems like broken PF to me, just like many others. AO has a lot of contend unfortunately most of it isnt worth doing. If we cant have credit farm zome maybe we could just go back to the times it used to be a raid zone. You know, people making .... ummm ... how the hell was it called ... ahhh TEAMS! Yes, people making teams and playing .... eee .... i forgot the word ... ummm .... together? Yes, people making teams and playing together! It may have something in common with "massive multiplayer" part that seems to be missing in AO.

I shall make a thread about how broken SL, AI and the rest of the boosters are, because my two Azure sets are not viable anymore, and Mercs are deserted.

And, Oh yeah, I will quit, if FC does not Make Mercs are cool as they were.

Okay, enough sarcasm, i think i broke something. Fact is, Funcom removes and changes things that are broken, or pose a threat to the economy of the game.

As well as other things get outdated and replaced by newer content. I am quite positive that S10 will get a replacement to fill the gap it left for those 130-150 chars.

Quote Originally Posted by edmaster3 View Post

A broken ATM which is mostly always full is better than a cardboard box painted like a ATM.
    I prefer the cardboard box.

Lets put it simply. Before S10 creds were creds and had a certain value to buy things. By adding a way to generate large amounts of credits in a short time everyone could have credits with little effort, the value of the money decreased and everyone, even the ones that did NOT farm in S10 had to pay higher amounts of credits to pay for the same product.

This is called inflation, it happened before with Ingots in the Shadowlands of hecklers, and they got removed as well, and there also were threads of people claiming it was fun.
    Last edited by Shareida; Nov 29th, 2012 at 19:04:03.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post

Funcom removes and changes things that are broken, or pose a threat to the economy of the game.

I prefer the cardboard box.

This is called inflation.
    No offense but funcom dont change things that are broken, or replace outdated things with newer content. If they did the instances would not be empty, most of the weapons in the game wouldnt be useless and they never would have made the weapon upgrade for rk weapons so bad.
    S10 wasnt a threat to the game, only the vets who already made billions from farming, ignots, glitching the game, and monopolizing certain items complained about it.

A cardboard is fun but I prefer to get something form the broken ATM. With the cardboard box you can use your imagination to create so many wondrous things. Hum.. But i am not paying a monthly fee to use my own imagination.

It was never inflation, people including me just realized that i can spend 4 hours farming creds that i can use to buy items instead of afking every 20mins for 4 hours to fight over and curse people farming a dyna.
    Also since people got more lazy they wanted to buy combined (BTW this one of the very few only things that price went up) so the demand went up and people including me raised my price to get more creds and it never went down. Blame the buyers for the price not s10

BTW s10 didnt change the price of anything new people to AO or casual players buy. So we all know the only people it affected

Things are more expensive than ever. s10 is dead. low level bots are nonexistent. 150 bs range dead. CRU drying up.

Time to put back ICE and triple relay drop rate.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Just farm like everyone else, it takes time, you cant make billions over night (unless you are lucky bastard). They implemented S10, saw it caused inflation, removed it (fixed), thats about it.
    You just got used to getting easy creds and now u cant go back to old farming. Stop crying and start farming other things like everyone else.
    SOON™coming back...
    Neosh 220/20 Shade | Neokirurg 220/21 Doc crit setup | Neoc 216/18 Crat
    Shades are really invisible (from FC point of view)
    Patterns/symbs SALE ----- Refined imps SALE

NO offense right but Farm what? With so many other games out there no one has time to wait for spawns and hope something drops. Waiting is not a fun part of a payed game.
    And dude no one is crying, everyone just left. You cant call something a fix if it basically help kill your population.
    I can understand if they replaced it with something else, but they just did their usual change and hope things work out.
    I have over 9, 220s including tradeskillers so i have choices. I choose to do s10 cause now i can only be semi afk most of the time and you can actually measure your progress by the drops. Killing aliens and collecting bounties and other stuff was fun, now s10 is just frustration like Dyna farming heavy camped mobs.
    Choice is the best part of AO lets keep it that way.

People always say how xx% of people left ao because of some nerf and then i log in and see theres still people ingame, so that statement is not true at all.
    Now, here is the list of things i do when i need money:
    Farm patterns for pricy symbs(and kill bosses later) or inf key.
    Sell LR for WU (dont know how that goes nowdays)
    Farm Alb minibossses with a friend (always good for steady income)
    DB2 infusers
    Get a group of friends to farm dreads, sell LR, split profit.
    Reselling items.

GL&HF farming, AO is just like that if u need something u need to take your time and farm, ALOT. Deal with it
    SOON™coming back...

To be honest, the people who left were cowards who wanted easy money. Now we see hard-working people who do raids in record time and efficiency instead of using tab, follow and q.

Confirmed: S10 whining people are just playing AO for the easy stuff and expect all to single-handedly own a city (or 5).

Kind reminder, the best days of AO where before S10 even was around to begin with...
    Last edited by Zwelgje; Dec 2nd, 2012 at 16:02:09. Reason: fixed type-o-two

Quote Originally Posted by Zwelgje View Post
    Confirmed: S10 whining people are just playing AO for the easy stuff and expect all to single-handedly own a city (or 5).

Kind remander, the best days or AO where before S10 even was around to begin with...
    Well said.
    SOON™coming back...

Quote Originally Posted by Zwelgje View Post

Kind remander, the best days or AO where before S10 even was around to begin with...
    you mean back when we had ingots?

Nice that you brought that one up Lazy Sorry had some extra time till the next baby feeding :P

There will always be some sort of income or the game would be dead already. Ingots where taken out as well for that same reason ICE and bounties where, and the time inbetween that and S10 was a very good one as far as I can remember.

There still pearls, CRU, monsterparts and items that go around for pritty quick creds. Bounties can still be farm (not unlimited and not that easy) by doing the other higher APF fields as well can ICE etc.

I don't say S10 was all bad, some specific S10 only equipment (like was made for S7) would turn S10 around positively again, ICE and bounties do not ... The stuff that's around atm (hud's and AI tankarmor) is just not game making enough or has been farm to much because ICE and bounties where around. The bots are nice and perhaps the PB's creation should be made a slight bit higher drop rate but in general, go work for it...

Every game instance has its flaws; S7 for instance, because the use of all "old" AI weapons from QL 200 till 300 became absolete from lvl 151 and up.

When there still people around with so many creds that they could buy out the entire marked and shape it to there will it is likely that there are creds enough to keep stuff going. Unless that problem isn't solved there will never be a proper balance in marked, items, credit or any such system in AO.

Now where is that thread again of one giving away billions of creds (Yes I posted in that thread if I do remember correct, am lazy as well) ... Owning that much isn't however as rare as it might seem but gives a good perspective of how broken the market and the system containing it is atm (there isn't one realy)... It's a wonder we came this far.....

Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast