Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011

Thread: S10 Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by edmaster3 View Post
    Dear Devs,
    Yes bringing back s10 will make people richer,
    will also cause more petitions (cause you cant stop people from being stupid).
    Yes there is a possibility it will make things easier some other people.
    Yes you will hear vets complaining that other people are making creds too, and back in the day, heck pearls ... etc

BUT!!
    1. You will also more subscribers (money sweet money)
    2. Game will be more active. more people = happier newbs
    3. PVP will be more active, vets will stop complaining until they loose bs.
    4. More people always a good decision.
    (DEVS ignore)

WELL HOW ABOUT THIS CHANGE!!
    You make a mission you can get a day.. (a alien daily) people go inside they kill aliens 3 bounties drop from some mobs (the most annoying ones) and 1 from the mission end boss. You can have a solo one and a team one. Lastly when the mission ends you can teleport to s10.

This shouldn't just be confined to the 100-150lvls all lvls should have a version of this with this as the max amount of creds you can make.
    So basically instead of this idea, go buy a city and farm it? You do realized a hell load of cites fell in the last year right, there was a reason for it, if drop rates were so good this wouldnt have happened.
    We live in a beautiful world

Game Suggestions > Balance Diskussion = The toilett area of unwanted complains ?
    Why have they moved this utterly importand freak under the carpet here ?

Well, however, i didnt saw this great thread until someone dipped my nose here into the darker corners of this forums, so my actual complain about Sector 10 (http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=605064) should've been right here.

Right with that, i saw yesterday's TL patchnotes (http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=605054) saying this:
    Sector 10 bosses will now drop ICE and and has a chance to drop an Untuned Relay.
    Thats just to fix the fix because s10 is a death dessert now and killing PBs there needs a full team what is very often simple not available.

Funcom - why not being upright honest and admit you did wrong with your s10 changes ?
    You ruined the game for everyone because some rare people manage to have fun in farming richness.

I made an army of s10 chars to make exacly that - farming the hell out of it. I made a second account to be able to duallog in that playfield to have EVEN MORE FUN.

You ruined a lot fun years ago with removing Ingots from Hecks already and now you did the same with the Bounties.

STOP REMOVING THE FUN FROM THE GAME.

Give me reasons to login, dont take them away.
    You have already reached the maximum number of allowed accounts
    You are not allowed to create any new accounts

"Sector 10 bosses will now drop ICE and and has a chance to drop an Untuned Relay.
    Sector 10 Signal relays are now yesdrop."

@Raw Fox, So.. where to start.. I have a frooby equiped cheapass 150 Doc.. that + 150 frooby engi (only a few symbs), and one decent 150Ma twink were able to kill S10 boss without a hitch, totaly easy. What full team are we talking about?

If people could kill it without doc in team then it would be exploitable and done solo. As in MA's, Advies, Fixers probably could solo it. A leveling doc + single tanky twink could kill S10 bosses easy. All you need is decent CH spam, and someone with DD to kill it.

Feature to drop relays from bosses+CRU is outstanding... however getting relays in the first place is way to hard at the moment. There shouldn't be a situation where one farms for 2 hours and gets 0. There should be like a mission, where you farm aliens, say 5 of each mob type in S10 and automaticaly get a relay. Something that takes about 30-40 minutes and you can only do it once per day. + a Team version where you need to kill 20 of each mob.

This way you can reliably set out and get atleast one relay per day, two if you crank up a team version aswell. Once you and your team kill pocket general you get atleast 15-20mil worth of cru + assorted crap, sometimes lead bots. That would be nice and rewarding, 0 of it would boost inflation, since all loot is yesdrop and worth almost 0 to shop.

Either that or adjust droprates... but droprates promote luck, reliability promotes continual reward for all, and that is what makes an instance live. Kinda like totw is Alive with all the xp farmers.. xp drops reliably there at low levels in S10 there is hardly anything that drops reliably, hence people quit before they get any decent reward from it.

But also i'll take this opportunity to thank funcom, obviously someone is listening in and did some small fixes. More of the same in the future please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Georgesmith View Post
    @Raw Fox, So.. where to start.. I have a frooby equiped cheapass 150 Doc.. that + 150 frooby engi (only a few symbs), and one decent 150Ma twink were able to kill S10 boss without a hitch, totaly easy. What full team are we talking about?
    There was no healer available.
    Simple as that.
    Best we had was 2 Fixers.

There was no healer available because they all disapeared, leveled on or deleted them due to s10 is just bad today.

Only some rare people are left that have s10 characters.
    Before, you could just type lft in alliance chat or even in vicinity.
    People went to s10, teams have been forming on the fly with everyone available there.
    It was a great fun.

Everything they do now is - if you have success with something, Funcom "fixes" it.
    You have already reached the maximum number of allowed accounts
    You are not allowed to create any new accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Georgesmith View Post
    "Sector 10 bosses will now drop ICE and and has a chance to drop an Untuned Relay.
    Sector 10 Signal relays are now yesdrop."
    OMG this is so awesome, this just makes me wanna fly right back to S10 to spend my 2 hours, killing crap for nothing. Then pray i can find a doc to kill the boss, not to mention you know how good FC is with chances of drops for Untuned Relay. The probably will give it the same chances as the nippy, someplace around 1-5%.

I am going to hit s10 so hard as soon as my subscription runs out.

The rest of the notes seem pretty good, dont really fix much. Just another way to lvl faster at lower lvls which you lvl fast anyway. And still be poor.
    But you know what ill give FC the benefit of the "increased" xp , although you probably will still be able to lvl faster at hecks. Ill wait till I actuallY see something to get people to stay back.

so, we have to farm s10 for hours and hours in hope of getting a relay to spawn a boss that may drop another. hmmmmm, not sure this is that great of a change.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

The most annoying thing about the 4m items not dropping anymore is that the item prices that sky rocketed when you could farm s10, remains.
    Prices of phatz havent dropped 1 bit, if anything its gotten worse.

Relays drop so inconsistently that buying them (now that a gen could drop another 1) seems the sensible choice.

Make your 50m somewhere other than s10, buy relays and sell loot/use new relay if it drops.
    Wake me up when West Athen is full of tl7 pvp again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    so, we have to farm s10 for hours and hours in hope of getting a relay to spawn a boss that may drop another. hmmmmm, not sure this is that great of a change.
    Oh, I almost don't want to spoil the best part for you.
    That being the droprate has been upped to... about 1/25 is my current estimate. 250 kills, 8-9 drops. So that's me being unlucky, but my first two kills had two drops.

Maybe its me but its more around 1 relay every 100 kills which takes around an hour to do for my poorly geared engie.

And s10 isnt that bad to do as people are saying, nobody remember killing the mobs in albatraum?

And for those who say that s10 is dead, its obvious that it has been a while since they visited it. In the last week, there were times where i had problem to keep killing because there were too many people in the instance.

But its true that like 30% of the mobs have bugged spawns inside rocks so....
    Its funny how traditional biologists seek mechanisms avidly, but still assert that biology cannot be treated like a machine.

On test or on live?
    Because I've had about 12 drops now with less than 400 kills.

You must be luckier than me then.

Yes it was on live server. I think im at 9 relay in 800 kills which isnt that good if i check your ratio
    Its funny how traditional biologists seek mechanisms avidly, but still assert that biology cannot be treated like a machine.

No, on test; on test! Next update mate.

Then the drop rate will clearly get better

Clearly get -alot- better; I mean, I was getting more relays than I could build. Which.. seems like a flaw; I needed more Signal thingies.

Well sector 10 docs.. why would anyone have a lvl 150 doc is beyond me.

220 doc can nearly solo TNH, own in pvp and is needed in just about any raid... S10 doc is only and only and only useful for killing bosses, and only only only.. when you have a team to do it with.

so basicly 220 doc usefulness >> 150 doc usefulness.

People do have 150 docs, we have two of them in org, it's something you make once and keep on backburner forever, but just like most 150 twinks disapeared so did docs.

But! Here comes the kicker. Any 100-150 doc with resonable CH ability is good enough to heal a S10 raid. so you can find leveling chars.... (imagine that leveling chars doing content suitable to their levels... OMG!)

That's what we did in our org, gimpy doc, gimpy engi + twinked MA for tanking. it worked great. So all you need is someone to sacrifice an account slot for a 150 doc and you can do it allover.

That being said, doc is mostly useless at all content up to what lvl 215+? everything before endgame raids you just need 220 to pocket your way up to 215. That is the real worry. With recent changes to the way leveling hopefuly will work, is that people start making teams that are based on proper gameplay not artificial xp harvesting that is hecklers+pocket.

Personaly I blame pockets. If you'd have to kill hecks with a team you would need a doc and then there would be docs avaliable for lowbie level content becouse you would need a strong healer. Pockets eliminate any need for doctor, just DD.

Im leveling a doc up to 150 now, will offer healing services for 10 mln / 1 boss spawn

150 doc owns in pvp everything except maybe a trader (depends on setup) and is pretty nice for pvm ... if he has a NT friend of same lvl

Hired!

Doc does own quite alot in pvp yes Also there are rummors droprates for relays are much better now on relays.

I think the changes seem fine. Depending on how common the drops are ofc.

@ The ppl complaining: Why don't you wait and see how it plays out before you scream here? Ice's dropping and a better chance of bots is exactly what s10 needs. So why complain now? Yes we all know that it's terrible how you can't farm 5x more money on a 150 than on a decked out 220 any more. But I think even you should be able to see why the nerf had to come in regards to bounties.

Quote Originally Posted by Armus View Post
    @ The ppl complaining: Why don't you wait and see how it plays out before you scream here? Ice's dropping and a better chance of bots is exactly what s10 needs. So why complain now? Yes we all know that it's terrible how you can't farm 5x more money on a 150 than on a decked out 220 any more. But I think even you should be able to see why the nerf had to come in regards to bounties.
    I haven't tested the changes yet, work and all. But how exactly did the nerf HAD to come before this. You know the nerf that killed the population. If they felt s10 was a problem (which it wasnt) they should have just fixed the problem instead of killing the instance.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011