Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ERBP or Bastion Back?

ERBP or Bastion Back?

Hello fellow engineers!

So my engie "Blackblock" is now 220 and Im working on the setup.
    Got myself alot of important nodrop items and Im slowly progressing my symbs.

Focus have so far been HP and DMG. For that purpose the ERBP would be perfect. On the other hand the Bastion back have a neat rs boost (might help abit to catch all the runners in bs?) alongside with some nanoskill points.

Suggestions on what I should pick and why?

Not sure wether to go with the xan guns (got 2x lusts for it) or OH+AMEP. Open for suggestions. Im leaning towards the xan guns as I have OH on my fixer.

I use ERBP, AMEP+OH.

Personally, I think it's a nobrainer. The extra AR (25% ME) on AMEP is just so good to have for dropping AI perks.

The effect of a more reliable AS in PVP is significantly offset by lack of HP, and, ultimately, inability to land AI perks reliably.

Some other benefits to onehander are the accessibility of shotty perks (1 with 5% check), which also comes with a lot of nice add dmg.

I have both ERBP+Bastion back on my engi and tbh I can't think of one situation where Bastion outperforms it.

one nice thing about onehander is that you can swap to an SE pistol for PVM stuff, or, if you max MR you can swap to DBEP, or alternately you can swap both weaps to something interesting like a combat remodulator with 2-3 tradeskill hud swaps.

I really like this setup, and I find it's extremely effective in PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlancor View Post
    Hello fellow engineers!

So my engie "Blackblock" is now 220 and Im working on the setup.
    Got myself alot of important nodrop items and Im slowly progressing my symbs.

Focus have so far been HP and DMG. For that purpose the ERBP would be perfect. On the other hand the Bastion back have a neat rs boost (might help abit to catch all the runners in bs?) alongside with some nanoskill points.

Suggestions on what I should pick and why?

Not sure wether to go with the xan guns (got 2x lusts for it) or OH+AMEP. Open for suggestions. Im leaning towards the xan guns as I have OH on my fixer.
    ERBP, as for weapons I would go for Troa+peh. Trust me, you don't want to chase people around with 1.9k rs just so you can hit an AS becase of onehanders crap range.
    @McKnuckleSamwich there is no significant offset by lack of HP and inability to land AI perks. First because you can get 20khp with troah+peh which is enough to withstand against an enf+shade alpha if you time your perks right, and who cares about AI perks? your pets + your specials will do the work
    "The Tessargi Oppressor" 220/30 RK1 - P E

Lazy: down with Tessargi The Oppressor! he is literally a Frankensteinian monster made from combining Gadaffi Sadam Hitler Stalin and George Bush into one powerhungry oppressor of the free world.

The extra 300 hp of erbp is offset and then some by the bastion HD.

50 nano init
    100 RS
    20 burst
    20 chem
    20 NR
    20 AR

vs
    +40 damage per hit.

For duels vs RK2 people where you both stand still the erbp will probably be superior.

For regular pvp where you use your whole toolset and skill then bastion is better.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

I am AMEP+OH and I endorse ERBP. The add dmg helps with OH AS

but go Troa+peh if you want to flap your epeen in duels
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    For regular pvp where you use your whole toolset and skill then bastion is better.
    Considering skill is singular I think you are implying that 'whole toolset' is singular as well. Thus I infer that by 'whole toolset' you meant aimed shot and by skill you meant pushing 'o'.
    Grenadearchy Online
    Takun - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Crit Monster - Overlord of Mortar Kombat
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Pure DPS - [Setup] - 1701 Fling to cap Sloth - 1% crit is equal to ~28+ damage
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

Quote Originally Posted by Takun View Post
    Considering skill is singular I think you are implying that 'whole toolset' is singular as well. Thus I infer that by 'whole toolset' you meant aimed shot and by skill you meant pushing 'o'.
    pushing o is arguably the most important skill in ao. followed closely by pushing w.
    Last edited by Lazy; Nov 8th, 2012 at 19:35:14.

thread win.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    pushing o is arguably the most important skill in ao. followed closely by pushing w.
    response tied with previous for even more thread for win.

In the above case, the best is Reanimated Ranger cloak. 150 runspeed and AS skill on backitem!
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

It's basically like grenade. Instead of pressing Q you press O.

Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    your an idiot

oh gods... he said the g-word. There goes the thread.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

eRBP <3
    Because Race Yalm

It's basically like grenade. Instead of pressing Q you press O.
    Let us not forget about the extensive skill behind pressing 'L' and using 'W' to run ahead of the zerg to setup that install demo (I use 2 for this, your mileage may very) for huge deeps.

Needless to say you don't need a G15 to play AO.
    Grenadearchy Online
    Takun - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Crit Monster - Overlord of Mortar Kombat
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Pure DPS - [Setup] - 1701 Fling to cap Sloth - 1% crit is equal to ~28+ damage
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

I prefer the Bastion back. Less swapping for nano skills as well!
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Why not just swap them for the situation?
    Devil Inside
    Demon Inside

I will have to rethink everything now that perk damage is effected by add damage.

your an idiot

go AMEP+Peh'Wer, AS is way too overrated! then you have plenty of choices for back item!
    Ciassene

Aimed shot skill on engi is absolutely annoying as hell.

I've been looking at my setup with AMEP+OH, and it just get annoyed thinking about doing troaler.

just to get it ON is a huge pain.

Remarkably, though, Pewher is selfed in current setup... since when did engies get so much burst?!

Tro is way easier than Pehwer.

your an idiot

Tro is way easier than Pehwer.
    pff no.

I can Rclick Pewher

last night I looked at my AS skill and it's like 1124 I think... thats 4 pieces CC, about 270ish EOE, rest are control alphas.

considering you need 1651 to equip, even with TTS, comp ranged specials, eagle eye and 275 scope, still need 60 more.

Not that it's THAT hard... or anything, but, that means ranged reanimator 5/5, a 250 ransacking tower or messing around with imps which is really anoying.

suppose I could just make/borrow/steal a couple more pieces of CC though and then it would pop on pretty easy.

So, do engies use a AS RW ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast