Thread: The Marketplace Terminal

Lightbulb The Marketplace Terminal

- The Marketplace Terminal

I would like AO to compete with other upcoming MMORPGs in the near future. This is an idea on how AO could be improved just a little bit better.

- What is a Marketplace Terminal?

The Marketplace Terminal is a place where player can sell his item through a universal auctioning system where other players can see your items and buy it instantly. There should be a Marketplace Terminal (MT) in every Shop Terminal throughout Rubi-Ka. Clicking on a button when you turn on the Shop Terminal can activate the MT. After you activate the MT a new window will appear under the Trade window called Marketplace. This new window will have a search feature to filter out your options and after you are done a list of sellable items will appear. These sellable items will not be icons (like the ones in Shop Terminal) but in texts. The texts will list the item’s name, QL, price and seller’s name. (This is the same feature as Everquest’s Bizarre marketplace feature) The item’s name, of course, will be click-able in order to see more information on this item. Even if the player is offline, he still could sell his item through the MT. If a purchase is made a message will appear on his chat window telling him that a transaction is completed, if he is offline the message will be buffer until he logs on back into the game, and the credits will automatically transfer into his account.

- How can a player sell his items in a MT?

The player put the items he wants to sell in a special container that can be bought in the Containers Shop Terminal. On this container you can set the prices of each items and change the prices also. (You could put only 21 items per containers but you can have as many containers you want) After you are done you put the container with the items inside and prices set into any bank and it will automatically be listed on the MT for everyone to see and buy.

- How can another player buy items in a MT?

When a player needs items he goes to any Shop Terminal throughout Rubi-Ka and activate the MT window. He then searches for the item or items he is looking for. After he finds his items a list will appear with all the items that you are looking for and with the prices. After he finds the right item using the one with the lowest price he click on it and the item goes to the Buy Window and he click on accept and now he has the item minus the credits he owns.

- Is there a catch to this MT?

Yes. This service isn’t free of course it cost credit as a commission rate. It will be 10 credits per QL per items sold for individual players.

- I still don’t understand, give me an example.

Lets say Player A wants to sell a QL 53 nanoformula for 8,500 credits, he puts this item in the special container, set the price, and put the container in the bank. He logs off for the rest of the night needing some sleep. Now, Player B needs a QL 53 nanoformula. The local store sells this nanoformula too expensive, he cannot afford it so then he searches the MT at a nearby Shop Terminal. At the MT, he filters out his requirements and finds 100 of the nanoformulas he is looking for all at different prices. He then filter it again by ascending price order and finds the cheapest price for only 8,500 credits and buys it. The 8,500 credits are then taken away from his account and he now has the item automatically. When Player A logs in he reads his buffer message that says “A QL 53 nanoformula has been sold to Player B for 8,500 credits, you receive 7,970 credits”.

- Why implement this feature?

The old AO auction system is out-of-date and probably the worst in any MMORPG out there. Implementing this will upgrade AO auction and attract new and defunct costumer and keep the current one a little longer

What are you comments? What do you dislike or like about MT? What do you want to add in the MT suggestion?
    Last edited by Harlem; Oct 24th, 2002 at 04:57:21.

just a thought... with 40 spaces in the pack it could be easily used to get more stuff into the bank, by for example set the price to a price that NOONE would afford...
    It should therefore be max 21 spaces like a normal backpack...

The old AO auction system is out-of-date and probably the worst in any MMORPG out there.
    Actually Earth & Beyond is worse... it don't even got the clickable text AO got...
    But this idea is not new, and we all hope they will implement it...
    Try make some sketches of how the terminals and "sell packs" would look like and such... would make it a bit harder to miss for FC...
    Last edited by Flapsie; Oct 18th, 2002 at 00:45:38.
    Flapsie Clan Nanomage NT, Former Knights of Rubi-Ka
    Now: Ancarim Iron Legion
    Many alts from all Professions...
    -----------------------------------------------
    "The man with a new idea is a crank, until the idea succeeds" -
    Mark Twain

Revision I:

- The special containers would only hold a max of 21 spaces just like regular large containers not the 40 spaces that I orginally posted. Thank you Flapsie for your suggestion, I did not knew how much a large regular container holded.

This week I will add pictures to show you all how the Marketplace Terminal work

What other threads have a similar idea that I am posting? I would like to see it and maybe add a few of their ideas into mine.