Thread: Truth Hurts

Truth Hurts

I guess my sense of humor isn't too appreciated. Let me rework my post into a less mocking one and lets see if it survives Cz's moderation button.

When I posted "Welcome to Bizaro World" I was jesting. For thoose who don't know Bizaro World is a reference back to Super Man comics where Superman was evil. It was a negative refelection on reality.

14.6 seems to continue leading us into a negative reflection of what some of the balances where in this game during and shortly after release.

First Case for Bizaro-ism.

Breed Fix coupled with new Nanos (Soldier / Enforcer). While some of theese new nanos are plain and simply unatainable for any breed, the others that aren't as insane will be more readily availible to a breed who's inteligence isn't capped at 400 (atrox). Since many of these new nanos will help the proffessions alot it makes sence since a nanomage will be able to cast them sooner with only a slight hit in HP's then they will better suited to theese proffesions.

Now the other side of that coin. In PvP HP's are god. The more you have the better. Since NT's have the best nano recovery programs in game it makes sence they only need enough of a pool to strike thier targets till they are dead. Then retreat and recover nano. Well with Atrox getting a new boost to HP's and since a NT Atrox has enough nano pool to kill a person and then fall back it makes since that with the extra HP's the Atrox NT will stand a better chance of survival when in range to attack.

So what you have is Atrox are better at being NT's (at PvP) and NanoMages being better all around Soldiers / Enforcers.

Second case for Bizaro-ism.

Pet Classes. This is a short one. The strongest asset a pet user has is his pet. Yet with horrid pathing pet classes can't effectively use pets in missions. I feel for thoose who try and coax thier pets through a mission but the speed at which teams move through missions now it's not feasible for them to do this.

So what you have are pet classes who don't use pets.

This is just some of the things that strike me as bizaro in this game. I could go on and on... like how a shop keeper or criminal owns most soldiers in combat ... how that same shop keeper is better suiting to manufacturing items than engineers (READ: THIS IS NOT A DIG AT TRADERS BUT HOW THINGS ARE).

From the outside it seems FC has given no thought to balancing this game along the lines of a proffessions role. Why are Shopkeepers, Criminals, and Doctors... who from thier normal everyday deffinition do not bring to the mind combat.... are the best at it in game?

It makes no sense ... Thus .. "Welcome to Bizaro World"

14.6 is another in a long line of what from the outside looks like throwing code at the wall and see'n what sticks. There seems to be no deffinative direction. What balancing that has been done has been heavy handed at best. I know this kind of stuff isn't fun to read. I am sure you guys get a ton of drivel like mine all the time. But this is just another customer trying to clue you guys in to what is going on.

And yes this post is related to 14.6 because this post is addressing the patch it's self. The proposed nanos and breed fixes.

p.s. if I have ruffled your proffesions feathers please forgive me. I only did it to make a point and I would NEVER advocate a proffesion specific nerf.
    Rolled
    Coathanger
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

Remember how fun the first week of NW was?

CC is teh devil!

quo vadis ao?

i think it is high time to leak the info as to how skills will be affected by the mysterious shadowlands.

unless each and every buyer of the expansion gets a net increase of 100 in every nanoskill all the nanos leaked into the game are crap!

i do not think it would hurt to tell the player base what to expect or why on gods dry rubi ka the numbers fixed to the new nanos make sense to the devs.

if these nanos were made with the expansion in mind does that means people who dont buy it will never cast it?

will there be magical pumpkins dropping on hallowween that permabuff your skills?

please - without showing us the big picture we really have to wonder what you are trying to accomplish here.

on a side note i like the actual breed fix.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Damn that's a good pick-up line, Quo vadis baby? Good book too, that wacky Henryk.

Maybe a better question is: Quo Animo?

I wonder too, I think their intentions are good, but if you just came to this game out of the blue, you'd see the classes names and try to make an educated guess at what each class would be good at, and unless you had really fubared logic you'd be wrong every time.

Also there is the PVP/PVM issues, a lot of the big gripes against fixers/Docs/Traders aren't PVM related, they are PVP related.

In PVM Damage is king, and the damage dealers dish it out pretty well.

In PVP Debuffs are king, and the first to debuff is the victor.

It's 2 imballanced games in 1.

Actually there are some profession titles that make sense....

Soldier - is one
    Enforcer - a brute, is one
    Martial Artist - is one
    Meta Physicist - is esoteric, but makes sense, even to the newbie
    Adventurer - is one (or at least has the skills for one)
    Doctor - is one
    Agent - is sneaky like one. makes sense.

The problem is: Trader / Fixer / Crat /Engineer / NT are too amorphous to mean anything really to a newb.

Re: Truth Hurts

Originally posted by Rolller

This is just some of the things that strike me as bizaro in this game. I could go on and on... like how a shop keeper or criminal owns most soldiers in combat ... how that same shop keeper is better suiting to manufacturing items than engineers (READ: THIS IS NOT A DIG AT TRADERS BUT HOW THINGS ARE).

Can you please show me anywhere where it says traders are shop keepers? the term trader means all of our skills are a trade, when we heal we lose our own health, when we wrangle we are drained, when we drain we are buffed. its a TRADE, get it!!!!!!

Official Trader description.

----
    The Trader is the ultimate businessman, getting more for less in every single transaction. Like others, they create and trade material goods. but in combat situations, they use unique nanotechnology which enables them to drain opponents of skills, energy and health, transferring those benefiths to themselves or their allies. This frequently causes the most formidable opponents to wither to a cracked shell of their former self...
    ----

~aqua

If they just changed the profession's name to 'Shifter', I think it would shut a lot of people up.

whatever

leaving the trader issue aside...

the point was that you get an imagine into your head as to what strength and weaknesses a class (and breed!) might have by reading the title and the class description.

and as it stands you will be very very angry if you based your choice for a class on this and EVER want to pvp in ao.

*the post also takes into account the new nanos leaked into the game which are ridiculous at worst, questionable before shadowlands at best. due to poor class / breed balance the breed described as the best for nt and mp the nanomage is not and the combat breed atrox is left in the dust as soldier or enforcer.*
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.