Thread: Item Shop - Lower the Prices.

Item Shop - Lower the Prices.

Example:

I am willing to spend $50 bucks for an XP buff on one character.

I am willing to spend $80 for an XP buff on all of my characters.

Basic law of business. Charge reasonable prices. You sell more stuff. You make more money, cause you have more customers.

Please explain why the prices have to be so high?

The markup on these "items" seems to be quite insane.

__________________________________________________ _

If the reason is to prevent sudden and drastic change to the game.

Then you should never have allowed the items in game.

I would gladly endure a influx of lvl 200 noobs, and see a fat wallet in Funcom's pocket.

Then look at the current dead state of the game.

__________________________________________________ __

If the reason is to make money. See my first point.

__________________________________________________ ___

I would like to see Funcom make more money. I like this game, like the company. Want to see it thrive. I bought some of the items. But I won't buy anymore, can't justify it. I would like to, but not "worth" the money.

1 item cost $1,000 = 1 happy person.

1 item cost $1 = 10,000 happy people.

Either way. We are all still paying a monthly fee.

Keep us happy, we keep you happy?

__________________________________________________ ____

Do everyone a favor, and drop the prices, OR increase the value of these items.

Make them account wide, put em on a recharge, make them nodrop, yes drop, unique, whatever.

But please, don't paint yourself as a vampire sucking the last drops of blood from a already dead game.

Give this game a reason to thrive, and the boost it needs. You have a good opportunity to do that right now.

/Herk rant
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

/signed

no way im paying 120 EUR for hecks juice, ill rather login for 100 days to lvl through dailies.

apart from paying the sub, i have perhaps 15-20 EUR monthly to spend on gaming, while not feeling like an addict and stealing the money from my kids mouth.

there is virtually NOTHING in the shop i could buy for this sum to be of any use..

also - fc, please, think about giving the people which play more of your games some kind of bonus

It's because there's some people out there that will pay that ridiculous price for Heckler juice or other items...

They first put it in for just stopping people from using credit sellers (outside of their company credit sellers), which actually seems to have been successful as I haven't seen any around for a long time.

And (in my opinion) it'll only allow those crazy customers to use them, it won't make them any more powerful, because now they're 200 (or even 220)/0/0 ... vs a 200[220]/30/70, I'd like to see them win

I've played a small flash/browser game where a new item was released into the public that cost upwards of $200 (on a browser game, not even an MMO)
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

It was said pricing reflects prices of credit sellers and leveling service sellers. So then good pricing. It's not intended for masses to level this way... just those who really really want to pay for their levels can do it through funcom rather than xcom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

pricing reflects powerleveling services?

1-2m per level and they translate that to pawn your mother's golden teeth?

I do get the feeling that Herksalot meant the prices across the board in the itemshop, not just heckler piss.

At times, maybe its just me, I get the deja vu feeling that ao is owned by EA.
    Last edited by lunarsolace; Oct 20th, 2012 at 03:11:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Herkulease View Post
    Example:

I am willing to spend $50 bucks for an XP buff on one character.

I am willing to spend $80 for an XP buff on all of my characters.

Basic law of business. Charge reasonable prices. You sell more stuff. You make more money, cause you have more customers.

Please explain why the prices have to be so high?

The markup on these "items" seems to be quite insane.

__________________________________________________ _

If the reason is to prevent sudden and drastic change to the game.

Then you should never have allowed the items in game.

I would gladly endure a influx of lvl 200 noobs, and see a fat wallet in Funcom's pocket.

Then look at the current dead state of the game.

__________________________________________________ __

If the reason is to make money. See my first point.

I would like to see Funcom make more money. I like this game, like the company. Want to see it thrive. I bought some of the items. But I won't buy anymore, can't justify it. I would like to, but not "worth" the money.

1 item cost $1,000 = 1 happy person.

1 item cost $1 = 10,000 happy people.

Either way. We are all still paying a monthly fee.

Keep us happy, we keep you happy?

__________________________________________________ ____

Do everyone a favor, and drop the prices, OR increase the value of these items.

Make them account wide, put em on a recharge, make them nodrop, yes drop, unique, whatever.

But please, don't paint yourself as a vampire sucking the last drops of blood from a already dead game.

Give this game a reason to thrive, and the boost it needs. You have a good opportunity to do that right now.

/Herk rant
    /Signed
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Charge outrageous prices on the items shop if you want FC, just lower the subscription fees please... Got both my paid accounts expiring Xmas and don't know what I'll do...
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Quote Originally Posted by Manicmouse View Post
    Charge outrageous prices on the items shop if you want FC, just lower the subscription fees please... Got both my paid accounts expiring Xmas and don't know what I'll do...
    /sign
    RK1 (Atlantean)
    Candylover (220/28/57 Neutral Solitus Shade)
    Herthaur (160/13/? Neutral Atrox Doctor)
    Shirayukii (194/?/? Omni Solitus Doctor)
    Ladyoflove (181 Clan fr00b Solitus Martial Artist)
    Unikorn (10 Neutral fr00b Atrox Adventurer) - Sprkly's Pink Fluffy Thing
    ~~~~
    RK0 (TestLive)
    Tideborn (220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Enforcer)

Quote Originally Posted by duath View Post
    /signed

no way im paying 120 EUR for hecks juice, ill rather login for 100 days to lvl through dailies.
    Its not 120 Euros for it, its TWOHUNDRED. Twohundred Euros and it only gets you to 200? Level 200 means roughly 1 month of leveling if you're not playing all too casual. That's 18Eur vs 200. Heck's Juice sure IS overpriced ridiculously. With most of the other items i have a hard time even seeing any purpose except literally wasting money...

no please keep the prices high, every time someone buys and uses one off these items the game is cheapened significantly.

Should have never put a shop in on top of a subscription model anyways.
    Screwed over for the last time.

Go find a new game to play, this one no longer deserves respect.

im probably the only 1 that finds the prices cheap.
    leave them like they are.
    you want convenience you will have to pay for it simple.

Quote Originally Posted by oegaboega View Post
    im probably the only 1 that finds the prices cheap.
    leave them like they are.
    you want convenience you will have to pay for it simple.
    I agree. They should gouge the fk out of people who are trying to buy their way ahead, and rightfully so.

On the other hand, the price on items such as social clothes that aren't available by another other means is stupidly high, especially when you have to buy per character. Just my two cents.
    Because Race Yalm