Thread: Opt-In For Newbie OOC

Opt-In For Newbie OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Literary View Post
    AO on Steam will be great for AO.
    <snip>
    AO OOC will also have an overwhelming (200+ comments every minute)
    amount of newbie questions like "HEY HOW DO I OPEN MY INVENTORY?" (<-my fav) ,
    "Why aren't achievements working?", "How do I switch weapons" etc.
    and ofc trolls but we have bigger trolls.

I'm really looking forward to all the new players.
    Which reminds me of a suggestion from a while ago, about helping out newbies to the game: an "opt-in" choice for the Newbie OOC.

Currently the only way to help out newbies while they are still at the Newbie OOC level is keep a character at that level, log in, and camp the channel for questions. It would be much easier if people who wanted to help could opt-in to the newbie channel and keep an eye on it while they are on their higher level characters.

Since it would be opt-in, no one that didn't want to be there would be bothered by it. And true newbies would get the benefit of experienced players who want to help out.

Edit: I forgot to mention that there are some people who do just that -- keep characters on newbie island to help out others -- and I admire them greatly for that!
    Last edited by tiralee; Oct 4th, 2012 at 20:18:45.

Would be easy to achive this... let newbie OOC be available but unsub by defaut when you hit level 10-15 (whatever it is atm) and you need to activly subscribe back.

I support the ability to see this channel from anywhere on any toon I could help on.
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

Seconded, thirded, fourth'd, and +1'd.
    Aldebaran "Krisanthe" Fairchild, Director
    Krisaata "Krisalee" Liandra, Communications Officer
    Kathryn "Krisaria" Fairchild, Medical Officer

== THE HOMESTEAD ACCORD ==
    Exploration - Colonization - Commerce

http://www.homesteadaccord.org/

Absolutely add this, would make it much easier for us to help.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Yes please. Easy and efficient.
    Thornee - resurrected lowbie, former 200 Fixer
    Stannerd - 220 Soldier
    Megusta - TL7 Doc
    Kaleeh - TL5 Shade