Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fixer grid nano can.

fixer grid nano can.

tl;dr https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

long version:

while browsing the new paidshop wares (lol 30 euro for a breedchange) i stumbled across this little gem. wtf guise? i understand you're selling convenience but you made the shop fgrid BETTER than fixer's real fgrid. either make it just as crap as our real one (spawn a useable item that you must use on a grid terminal) or give fixers the same one the shop currently has (instatnly plops you inside the fgird). and for the love of god ilalya i want you to promise me here and now you won't be making a fgrid nano for sale from the itemshop or i'll get on the next plane to montreal and personally taking a poop on your doorstep.

seriously, not cool.

They've already made if perfectly clear there going to remove the fixer profession so...

Fixers got rolled, just like crats and traders did.

I'd like a mongo rage clickable item so I don't have to roll trox or buy breed change.

19.0.0 - 50 bux ? kty
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Metafizis View Post

I'd like a mongo rage clickable item so I don't have to roll trox or buy breed change.

19.0.0 - 50 bux ? kty
    This. lol.
    Gaveup 220/30/80 Smg

19.0.0 - 50 bux ? kty
    I lol'd
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

I've already voiced my concerns about many of the changes here and here. The most relevant point being the itemshop-buyable grid nano program, and how it devalues certain professions toolsets.

Access to the grid from anywhere, which is a feature shared between several professions, and the fact normal grid can be accessed from any grid terminal, may make that nano (and its sister canisters) acceptable on some level.

However, fixers have traditionally hacked into the 'fixer grid' as we like to call it, and have been the only profession to have this access. They could also let their team members gain access to said grid. This requires coordination (everyone needs to be at the same place), and an item is temporarily spawned, which has to be applied to a grid terminal within 30 or so seconds.
    Now you can buy canisters from the item shop which let you warp directly into the fixer grid, from anywhere, as long as you're not in combat. Not only does it make a defining toolset no longer be defining, but anyone who pays for the canned version gets a better experience overall. The fact these things are canisters may reduce the impact on the fixer profession; but I'm afraid this will go the same way as the 'normal grid' access.

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    Experience constructs, Shop Buyable XP buffs, PVP xp buffs, and seasonal XP buffs will no longer stack with Bureaucrat XP aura. They will however have a much higher xp multiplier to make up for this change.
    I remember when the XP conduits were added to the item shop, and how these escaped the pitchforks much because of the fact they stacked with existing bureaucrat buffs/toolsets, and thus didn't replace the bureaucrat in any way. Another point was that similar items were already accessible through anniversary events. I can understand if you don't want all XP buffs to stack; There IS such a thing as too much XP boost. It doesn't really sound like that is a primary concern for this change though, since the new numbers seem to make these items end up roughly where they were before under the best of circumstances. I haven't done a spreadsheet rundown comparing pre/post-patch max numbers, but that's my initial observation. (Example: Superior Anniversary Boost - used in one of the experience constructs - went from 15% to 40% with this patch)

The mentioned buffs now seem to replace one part of the Bureaucrats toolset. Sort of a 'mini-crat-in-a-box' kind of deal. If you have this, you're invalidating a part of the 'crat toolset, and thus have less use for a 'crat in your team in those situations.

Which toolset is the next to make its way into the item shop? Which profession is the next to find one of its defining abilities in the item shop?
    How long until NTs can get heal nano programs, and keepers AoE taunts from the item shop?

I know the above questions are very 'on the edge', but to me, this seems to be the direction this game is going.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

19.0.0 - 50 bux ? kty
    Not everyone thinks bank access and GMI access should be profession specific you know. At least crats and traders get it for free too.

Grid nano can should be out of combat only and it will be fine. Why complain that one profession can get to the grid and into actual content as fast as fixers? Fixers aren't even useful as city runners anymore since everything is mailed to you.

I will never NOT roll a fixer simply because another profession can warp to the grid. If anything the GMI changed that, not this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Not everyone thinks bank access and GMI access should be profession specific you know. At least crats and traders get it for free too.

Grid nano can should be out of combat only and it will be fine. Why complain that one profession can get to the grid and into actual content as fast as fixers? Fixers aren't even useful as city runners anymore since everything is mailed to you.

I will never NOT roll a fixer simply because another profession can warp to the grid. If anything the GMI changed that, not this.
    They can warp directly to the FIXER grid. That's what we're up in arms about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopecz View Post
    They can warp directly to the FIXER grid. That's what we're up in arms about.
    That would be bad, but from what I have seen it was simply a warp to the regular grid.

I believe the description in the item shop thread was that it was the nano version of the items you can already buy, which do not warp you to the F-Grid correct? I have not noticed any other grid type items in any threads or patch notes, but if someone can link me to info on one or show a screenshot of it from test that would help.

That would be bad, but from what I have seen it was simply a warp to the regular grid.

I believe the description in the item shop thread was that it was the nano version of the items you can already buy, which do not warp you to the F-Grid correct? I have not noticed any other grid type items in any threads or patch notes, but if someone can link me to info on one or show a screenshot of it from test that would help.
    Nano Can: Instant Fixer Grid Conversion - 160 FC points, 3rd from the bottom under Nano Cans.

http://i.imgur.com/CE6WG.png

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    Nano Can: Instant Fixer Grid Conversion - 160 FC points, 3rd from the bottom under Nano Cans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BmrlV49nwI

Even I have my limits...

for real: delete our last 3 fixers

Least it seems the LoX/DB buffs didn't make it, but yeah, this is bad. I don't think most people in the announcement thread even realised it's actually fgrid access, they likely thought it's just a meep. At least they should stop trying to tell not selling power for money, cause let's face it - this is far better than any other alternative available in the game without $$. Instant fgrid from anywhere (as long as not in combat) without even needing fixer... sheesh

I really don't like idea that fgrid access can be bought from item shop. Fixers have to do two quests (and some fixers don't even bother with 2nd quest) for team fgrid access, be level 100+ and cast it near grid terminal so item can be used on terminal before it disappears. Several professions can easily get "out of fight" with calms or fears or they can zone to other area.
    I don't it was good idea to add this thing to shop.. But if it can't be removed then at least increase price so less people want to use them. For example 5x or 10x price from current.
    Mizufluffy (220/30/??) MA # Hopeasaukko (216/27/??) NT # Mustarotta (100/10/28) Crat
    Mustarotta's Foreman (Biomare) Service for Hire (unavailable)
    Some of my froobs on RK2: Neuzoire, Denzyr, Hinami, Hinachan, Zetblanc, Dalanope, Chenin, Reandway (I'm more active on characters with yellow name)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post

Cheeeaaap... how many charges? Because I cant tell, because its not written if its perma or one time or 3 times or w/e.

Not that we expect that.. *cough* buy first, complain later *cough*
    Last edited by Metafizis; Oct 4th, 2012 at 12:43:46.
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Cheeeaaap... how many charges? Because I cant tell, because its not written if its perma or one time or 3 times or w/e.

i'd assume 1 charge.

Cans are one time charge, which means this is for emergency tower war access...maybe emergency endgame raid access? Either way, FGrid is not the same as bank access or GMI access from anywhere, those are things crats and traders pretty much just buy without effort (that and saying only 1 profession should have bank access or GMI access is nonsense but w/e)

Even if it is more of an emergency use item, I think it goes a bit far. Emergency taunt or CH cans next? They have IBehe cans, which is all every freaking 220 doc needs for duels now, another 2000 max health we have to try and alpha.

Cans are one time charge, which means this is for emergency tower war access...maybe emergency endgame raid access? Either way, FGrid is not the same as bank access or GMI access from anywhere, those are things crats and traders pretty much just buy without effort (that and saying only 1 profession should have bank access or GMI access is nonsense but w/e)

Even if it is more of an emergency use item, I think it goes a bit far. Emergency taunt or CH cans next? They have IBehe cans, which is all every freaking 220 doc needs for duels now, another 2000 max health we have to try and alpha.
    If you mean Nano Can Buff: Improved Essence of Behemoth then it does not add max health and it breaks on attack (100% chance). So its useless in fights and is used for increasing STR/STA by 54 points for 4 hours.
    Mizufluffy (220/30/??) MA # Hopeasaukko (216/27/??) NT # Mustarotta (100/10/28) Crat
    Mustarotta's Foreman (Biomare) Service for Hire (unavailable)
    Some of my froobs on RK2: Neuzoire, Denzyr, Hinami, Hinachan, Zetblanc, Dalanope, Chenin, Reandway (I'm more active on characters with yellow name)

I don't have issue with Grid nano for it's ridiculous price... 5000 points is over 40€

But the instant fgrid is wrong. It should have long cast time 1 minute and not usable in combat. Price is acceptable for one time use.

Rest of the stuff is also pretty...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

From the 18.5.3 changenotes:

Nano Can: Instant Fixer Grid Conversion should now spawn a 'Data Receptacle' in your inventory instead of taking you directly in to the fixer grid.

Wooooooooooo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast