Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New In-Game Store Items

24k points for level 200.. BUT you have to be 150 inorder to use it.
    220 crat ~Frocratarox~
    130 doc ~Mrfunny~
    150 engi ~Miniwheats~
    220 Shade ~Tsume~
    60 NT ~Nomorenano~
    220 fixer ~Barlock~
    Spirit Guide You

but where do you seem them? my item store doesn't show heckler juices

I assume you're checking on a 200+? You can only see the ones you qualify for.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

You are correct...checking from a lower toon did show up a result i'm qualified for. Maybe an idea to do this also, for example, for the garden keys? on my level 50 toon i see inferno garden key

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    I wouldn't say it's a "decent portion" but it happens enough to be on our radar. The goal of these items is just to undercut that market. We'd probably sell a lot more if we dropped the price, but these are highly targeted items looking pretty much to capture players who are already going this route via external sites.
    Outcheating the cheaters ... perfect. Still waitin on that resignation letter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Tradeher View Post
    i don't see these juices in itemshop?
    The way the shop works is that only items that you can purchase are displayed. The Heckler Juice items have min/max level requirements. So if you are on a character above level 200, you won't see anything (because the items can't take you above level 200). It's only RK levels.

I wouldn't say it's a "decent portion" but it happens enough to be on our radar. The goal of these items is just to undercut that market. We'd probably sell a lot more if we dropped the price, but these are highly targeted items looking pretty much to capture players who are already going this route via external sites.
    What's the plan to capture players that are bored out of their mind from powerleveling their toons in-game for the same reasons as the folks you've stated are going to 3rd party websites (using powerleveling services)? They have to be the overwhelming majority of power levelers and I don't think they're part of your target market for heckler juice (meaning they aren't going to pay $200 USD or whatever the cost is.. for leveling services). While they might not be going to 3rd party sources and breaking the EULA, they do opt out of playing the game out of annoyance with the leveling process just like the folks you mentioned in your post.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Oct 11th, 2012 at 23:32:27.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    What's the plan to capture players that are bored out of their mind from powerleveling their toons in-game for the same reasons as the folks you've stated are going to 3rd party websites (using powerleveling services)?
    As I've mentioned before, the top four big upcoming improvements to the game are: Server Migration (which includes re-done cities), Engine Upgrade, New Player Experience (which vastly improves the start of the game up through a revamped ICC hub), followed by the Profession Rebalance. After that, we will be ready to start the next expansion in earnest -- with the Profession Rebalance we definitely have an eye towards the future, and we want to lay some groundwork ahead of time for better systems in our next big content release.

In the meantime we have some great seasonal content already made that will take us through Christmas, and we're also looking into what we can do to better support the ARK program to improve in-game events. This is in addition to a large number of smaller improvements you'll see every patch (but obviously, we want to stay focused on the big priorities).

Ilaliya, I think your comments are spot on. I understand the logic that it makes the game easier (hehe certainly not cheaper at the prices offered -- joke people) but after taking over 21 toons to level 220 and onother few to 200 (before sl and froobs) I get that a lot of the game is a bit boring. Hence the use of so much outside assistance (kiting teams, ost, the list is endless). I sorta like the idea that fc is trying to accomodate those that simply aren't going to do it anyway. One suggestion, mostly tongue in cheek: If you use heckler juice for instance, your toon is pink (or blue, green, puce, whatever)- one day for each level they bought.
    Last edited by Deemure; Oct 12th, 2012 at 04:26:15.

So we priced the Heckler Juice at a couple dollars less than you would pay with a 3rd party. Because we don't want to incentivize the behavior, but it's something that players are already doing, and if they are going to buy this service we'd rather they do it through us.
    Did a little search around on the net for leveling services for AO...
    I then checked the prices of FCP...
    Level 60 Heckler Juice = 7200FCP
    Level 200 Heckler Juice = 24000FCP

So, these 2 alone would be 31200FCP. So, a rough estimate would be to buy 3x9k+6k FCP=33kFCP. That's 275EUR.
    Top that with whatever cost you need to get the Level 100 and 150 Juice also.

You know how much it would cost me to get the levels 1-200 from a third party? 245$...

You're already outpricing yourself...

Only thing better with this offer is that it's safer, and it doesn't take time to get the powerleveling done, except waiting for the items to arrive in mail.
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

Does anyone else find it disconcerting that the previous posts, mainly by the producer, have inspired players to go visit shady third party leveling websites in order to check prices?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

I won't lie.. until he mentioned it, I didn't even know there were companies offering character leveling services in this game. I know they exist for other games but didn't think anyone had AO on their list for that type of thing.
    You can find me at:

While everyone is checking prices and/or objecting to FC's decision to add "heckler juice" and other new items to the Item Store ... below is a quote from another thread regarding using Heckler Juice.

Quote Originally Posted by Agentcora View Post
    You can only use heckler juice once per character, so you can't level from 1 - 200 with it
    So perhaps Heckler Juice is not as objectionable after all ...

Kinnik

If you can only use heckler juice once per character than I'm totally confused by the game producer's entire statement as it definitely wouldn't accomplish the goal he listed.
    You can find me at:

Just an afterthought..

The type of person that would pay a 3rd party leveling service is also the same type of person that might buy an account to begin with. I'm having a really hard time believing this whole "veterans are being duped by 3rd party leveling services" thing. Have you guys entertained the possibility that the folks you are categorizing as veterans (based on their account age, I guess) are just ebayers and maybe this isn't an issue even worthy of being on your radar at all?
    You can find me at:

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Just an afterthought..

The type of person that would pay a 3rd party leveling service is also the same type of person that might buy an account to begin with. I'm having a really hard time believing this whole "veterans are being duped by 3rd party leveling services" thing. Have you guys entertained the possibility that the folks you are categorizing as veterans (based on their account age, I guess) are just ebayers and maybe this isn't an issue even worthy of being on your radar at all?

food for thought: for the 400 euro it'd cost me to level 1-200 from fc store i can buy an account with a decked out 220/30/70 character. eula shmula, if i was ready to drop 400 euro on a new toon you best be sure i'd go with the one that's the better deal.

on the plus side, maybe when i go to sell my account* i can say every 200+ i have is worth 400+ euro... bringing the value of it up to ~2000 euro (or WTT for a 1996 honda civic)

* no, i'm not actually planning to sell my account i'm making a point
    Last edited by Lazy; Oct 12th, 2012 at 19:07:00.

Waiting for the year subscription special offer that has the life-time heckler juices added.

Ok..I have a question.....seriously

I have 4 paid accounts. Oldest two are 4+ yrs - next two almost 4 yrs. I have 6K pts. I have only EVER used points to transfer characters around my 4 accounts (which on a side note really sucks to have to pay for) but... if I only have 6K and lets say I used 6K to move toons - how the hell long do you have to have played to have 24K points to buy the juice anyway? And that is for ONE toon. I would love to be able to buy some levels - mainly for buff toons I have no desire to level, but really - who is the target for these items? It seems to me you expect the "vets" to pony up some RL $$$ as well...and that isnt gonna happen for all the reasons stated.

If your goal was to help folks like me who have done the 1-220 thing a bunch of times, then your cost for these items is way out of line (well, for me anyway). Guess its back to powereleveling myself or paying others to do it with ingame creds.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

I feel that within a week of this heckler juice being on the market that the leveling services will simple adjust their prices and undercut FC. It is after all free market economics at work. A need for the service existed and someone created the service and is making money. A new competitor (FC) has entered the market and slightly undercut them. Now to make their service keep getting used they will lower their prices or offer some other advantage at the higher price that is just to good to turn down.

So instead of making these items a tactical nuke option that ended 3rd party leveling services you basically went in to competition with them. Trust me they will win this. Your chance at going nuke on them is over. Hell if I was them I would run specials that so undercut FC prices that no one would ever consider Heckler Juice ever again.

If it had been me the items would have been level from current level to X level and sold options where X was 60, 100, 150 and 200. I would have priced them at 3600, 7200, 10800 and 14400 FCP or in USD that would be 30, 60, 90 and 120$. In short you would have made the players happy and nuked the leveling services into cannot compete with it.

But I am not surprised at all by this. It is the complete way of FC to take a path and not considered all the angles.

So me and the org mates are going to use our existing group off PL toons and raise up a new endgame toon in the coming week. I am sure we will have fun and save lots of money. Because there is no way in hell I am giving the amount of money to FC that they want for the Heckler Juice.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    I feel that within a week of this heckler juice being on the market that the leveling services will simple adjust their prices and undercut FC. It is after all free market economics at work. A need for the service existed and someone created the service and is making money. A new competitor (FC) has entered the market and slightly undercut them. Now to make their service keep getting used they will lower their prices or offer some other advantage at the higher price that is just to good to turn down.

So instead of making these items a tactical nuke option that ended 3rd party leveling services you basically went in to competition with them. Trust me they will win this. Your chance at going nuke on them is over. Hell if I was them I would run specials that so undercut FC prices that no one would ever consider Heckler Juice ever again.

If it had been me the items would have been level from current level to X level and sold options where X was 60, 100, 150 and 200. I would have priced them at 3600, 7200, 10800 and 14400 FCP or in USD that would be 30, 60, 90 and 120$. In short you would have made the players happy and nuked the leveling services into cannot compete with it.

But I am not surprised at all by this. It is the complete way of FC to take a path and not considered all the angles.

So me and the org mates are going to use our existing group off PL toons and raise up a new endgame toon in the coming week. I am sure we will have fun and save lots of money. Because there is no way in hell I am giving the amount of money to FC that they want for the Heckler Juice.
    And then you realize that FC is just trying to milk the cow dry. The current dev team likely has no experience with cows, so they do not realize that this is a bad idea. Means never would have done it, as he owned a cow.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast