Thread: Cyborg event October 1st

Question Cyborg event October 1st

Last night I had the pleasure of taking part in the cyborg event in PW. The fight with Lystelie and afterwards with the generals was great fun and especially the changes in the fight against Lystelie were good fun and kept us on our toes. Props to whoever thought of that. And for the first time in my AO career, event mobs actually had loot, and nice loot to boot!
    But it makes me wonder. What if no one had found Lystelie? It was a remote location, hardly ever visited by anyone in the proper levelrange to join the fight, and the only non-froobs going there would be for the daily, which I think is aimed at a lower level tier than the endgame characters required for last night's fight. And we only barely killed her, even though we ended up with a full team of endgame characters (although a rather random mix of professions, we even had a trader(!)).

Please don't think of this as complaining, it's not meant so. I was simply wondering about the choice of location (which I actually like a lot more than the usual city invasions).

I hope to experience more of this kind of events, it really motivates me as a player to log in more often and keep exploring the world.

PS: I hope this is the right forum for this question.
    Last edited by Wyldebeast; Oct 2nd, 2012 at 20:29:58. Reason: added the PS.
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

to be fair it got a lot easier once we logged some lovechild profs :P

shh, I was trying to make it sound badass.
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

Location was chosen because it was a fitting spot for a cyborg high commander to be wandering, if players hadn't shown up broadcasts would have been done in the more populated zones.

As for the difficulty, it tends to get tuned as things go on, if you lot had been more numerous/quicker with some things it would have been a lot harder.... as it was had to hold back a lot, specially with a lot of you running away scared during the fun parts!

Quote Originally Posted by Pheats View Post
    specially with a lot of you running away scared during the fun parts!
    hey now! fixer is the official running away prof!

also, forcing us to kill those borgs before you dropped reflects was annoying