Thread: New YouTube Let's Play AO Series!

New YouTube Let's Play AO Series!

I just started a new Let's Play AO YouTube series... done for those that may be new and may be fr00b (so apologies to you veterans - the first few videos may be a bit... elementary) Come check it out and lemme know what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/RbaR2B6HQbI
    The Union - Neutral Org.
    ... Wardencraft ... - Neutral Atrox Keeper
    ... Gizmocraft ... - Neutral Nanomage Engineer
    ... Clobbercraft ... - Neutral Atrox Martial Artist

The Company - Omni Org.
    ... Boomcraft ... - Neutral Solitus Trader
    ... Blitzcraft ... - Omni Opifex Fixer
    ... Ragecraft ... - Omni Atrox Enforcer
    ... Traumacraft ... - Omni Solitus Doctor
    ... Voodoocraft ... - Omni Nanomage Nanotechnician

More videos coming soon on YouTube: BlockAndLode

That's the plan man!
    The Union - Neutral Org.

The Company - Omni Org.

Alright, normally I dislike Lets Plays. But this one is good. Keep doing this. Also maybe try to get other people in for more commentary/laughs. Everyone likes videos that make them laugh.

Also I do feel that once the engine beta goes open, you should make a new character and cover the new startup stuff.

That was my original intent. I wanted to get a normal Let's Play out there and then do a comparison with a new series after the new engine releases. I plan on asking some guild-mates if they would do some co-op but may see about getting another AO YTer or two to join me for specific dungeons or missions.

(Just out of curiosity, what was it about my Let's Play that made it different?)
    The Union - Neutral Org.

The Company - Omni Org.

Quote Originally Posted by BlockAndLode View Post
    That was my original intent. I wanted to get a normal Let's Play out there and then do a comparison with a new series after the new engine releases. I plan on asking some guild-mates if they would do some co-op but may see about getting another AO YTer or two to join me for specific dungeons or missions.

(Just out of curiosity, what was it about my Let's Play that made it different?)
    Well to start off you clearly know how to use aftereffects (or at least know someone who does) because your intro wasn't a generic windows movie maker opening or iMovie opening. Most lets plays out there are very generic, either just the gameplay footage directly uploaded to youtube (which sometimes works, but usually the people who make it work are already funny/youtube peronalities), or they are given the crappiest opening and their humor is cancerous. You don't attempt humor (not yet at least), so you don't struggle from jokes that are so bad that they make my brain bleed.

Also very informational, not any awkward pauses that I am aware of, and it keeps an even pacing.

Be warned: if you attempt to do humor, make sure the jokes get laughed at by others (not just the people doing the video, although if the jokes people in the video are making aren't just in-jokes such as references within the game and the other people in the video are laughing at them, contagious laughter may ensue).

lovely, pedantic note tho: Froob is a derivative of noob and actually describes a freeplayer who is notably new to game. It is incorrect to refer to all freeplayers as' froob'.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Looks good. But you should have waited for NPE, at least first part of the series will be outdated in couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by leetlover View Post
    lovely, pedantic note tho: Froob is a derivative of noob and actually describes a freeplayer who is notably new to game. It is incorrect to refer to all freeplayers as' froob'.
    But that's how the term is used in game so he got it right when he explained it in the video. Freeplayer=froob. Even paid vet players refer to their free accounts as their 'froob' accounts. "I made a froob trader twink yesterday" etc.

Anyway, nice video, I sorta listened to it while it was playing on my side monitor but seemed like a good start to me.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Very good Let's Play video! Eventhough I knew all the information already, it was told in a manner that made me watch through the video anyways.