Thread: trader drains with no message woohoo!

trader drains with no message woohoo!

Well last night I was introduced to the oh so wonderfull experience of getting ransacked and deprived without getting as much as a "so and so forces your ncu to run...". No messages at all. Isn't this wonderfull?

I asked if I was crazy or something, and was told "oh yes, that would be XXXXX's drain exploit". So I know I was not just lagging or something. Isn't this just the coolest thing? I can be sucked down to 500 attack without even knowing I am under attack! WOOT!!!

WOOT!
    *runs around in circles, while slapping his heels together*
    Obit lvl 218 Soldier (Field Marshal)

So what you are saying is that you have never had someone buff you and not realize it? I have gotten buffs and never gotten the xxxxxxx is terminated.....xxxxx casts xxxxx in you ncu....

Only safe to say that the same thing can happen to drains....

Then..instead of deciding that it is that...you take some Joe Schmoe's word that it is some exploit....How are you gonna exploit messages in someone else's screen? LOL...Think about this. Nothing more that someone with a high nano init.

Originally posted by Shibbey
    So what you are saying is that you have never had someone buff you and not realize it? I have gotten buffs and never gotten the xxxxxxx is terminated.....xxxxx casts xxxxx in you ncu....

Only safe to say that the same thing can happen to drains....

Then..instead of deciding that it is that...you take some Joe Schmoe's word that it is some exploit....How are you gonna exploit messages in someone else's screen? LOL...Think about this. Nothing more that someone with a high nano init.
    nope. i was watching for it because i was expecting to be attacked. no message ever came. i saw the drains pop up in my ncu however... there was no chat spam. i didn't "just miss the message".

Happens often, not an exploit, just a common bug, also in pvm. You cant simulate nor make it happen, it just happens

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Originally posted by Letah
    Happens often, not an exploit, just a common bug, also in pvm. You cant simulate nor make it happen, it just happens
    When you start an attack spell on someone, it is supposed to give the "so and so is attacking you" yes? I know it does when I start casting a nuke on someone with my NT.

Originally posted by calvara

When you start an attack spell on someone, it is supposed to give the "so and so is attacking you" yes? I know it does when I start casting a nuke on someone with my NT.
    Same deal there. I've taken two nukes from an NT before without getting the 'attacked by' message. I've also taken aimed shots from sneaking agents without getting the message, and I've been drained without any confirmation whatsoever.

I think it's something related to blackhole bugs. Nothing happens text-wise.
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

Ah. Wierd that Argulace explained it to me as a certain high level traders exploit (whos name I'll not say.. hate pointing fingers).

*shrug*

maybe theres some way to exploit it too, but theres a very common bug with that effect. it affects friendly timed nanos as well as hostiles, never had it with special attacks yet though. i suppose the data package with the text message just gets lost on the way and with the next synchronisation the server tells the client theres a hostile nano in your ncu (pretty much like mobs "warping", blackholing when casting, etc.)...thats just a guess though.

If the game worked flawlessly and you knew everything about it, then if something happened which you couldnt explain it'd be an exploit. Some people think they know everything about the game and how it works. Some people consider anything they dont understand an exploit. Whatever you think just remember how rarely things in this game work as intended. Oh, and remember how little anyone else cares about what ever anyone else thinks too... helps keep a proportionate sense of humility.
    Oh my god its like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain

Originally posted by Abid
    If the game worked flawlessly and you knew everything about it, then if something happened which you couldnt explain it'd be an exploit. Some people think they know everything about the game and how it works. Some people consider anything they dont understand an exploit. Whatever you think just remember how rarely things in this game work as intended. Oh, and remember how little anyone else cares about what ever anyone else thinks too... helps keep a proportionate sense of humility.
    somehow i had a feeling you might post here

anyways, if it's a hack/cheat/sploit/bug/whatever the fact remains it really should not happen. it's something that in errr... the over a year the game has been out should be fixed.

now if someone knows how to recreate it and uses it.. :/

Lame

Argulace is truly a piece of work. He tries to do this stuff all the time to pass off his insecurities on other people. This isnt an exploit, and if it is; then argulace exploited me not long ago because i didnt get a message when lucks fickle fate was cast on me. Did you see me here crying about it? This is pvp forum not suggestions or bugs forum. Cry there.

Re: Lame

Originally posted by reetard
    Argulace is truly a piece of work. He tries to do this stuff all the time to pass off his insecurities on other people. This isnt an exploit, and if it is; then argulace exploited me not long ago because i didnt get a message when lucks fickle fate was cast on me. Did you see me here crying about it? This is pvp forum not suggestions or bugs forum. Cry there.
    Did I hurt your intarweb feelings? So sorry.

Re: Re: Lame

Originally posted by calvara

Did I hurt your intarweb feelings? So sorry.
    Im not saying that your intentions are bad, Im saying you act about this in the wrong way. You dont have to come on here whining about the situation. Come on here (preferably a different forum) state the problem, and offer the obvious fix.....And wth is a Intarweb?

Happens to me both when they get through and when I countered. Sometimes I get no attack message when a trader tries to plunders me.