Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Imba low leveling creds

Quote Originally Posted by sultryvoltron View Post
    In my new player experience thread I discovered that a full set of premade implants costs over 100k credits.
    That's part of your problem as a newbie. You don't actually need a full set of premade implants as a basic set of leveling gear. In fact, alot of those pre-made implants are not useful because they have the wrong clusters in them. Again, the solution here isn't more credits for newbies to buy the wrong stuff, it's information to tell you what is useful so you spend your credits wisely. Thanks for the perfect example of why I'm right as well as how not to play as a newbie.
    Last edited by Obtena; Oct 8th, 2012 at 17:48:24.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Kopecz View Post
    No he wasn't. The rule was he couldn't do anything unless someone told him about it or explained how to do it. So until someone told him that you could change channels and talk in OOC he was screwed, just like a new player.
    oh i see. i guess he was trying to see how someone with severe irreversible brain damage would play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    solution: gief more money and make stuff cheaper.
    Only part of the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Thanks for the perfect example of why I'm right as well as how not to play as a newbie.
    IDK what you parent did to you as a kid, but stop being an utter a$$hole mkay? 4 years is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    oh i see. i guess he was trying to see how someone with severe irreversible brain damage would play the game.
    Because, you know, you knew exactly how to play this game 10 years ago lazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Giving Dailies credits is a downright bad idea. I have to say, when I first played this game, my Nanomage enforcer with a shotgun wasn't doing too badly, hunting in Galway. But then I took a little bit of advice and made an NT. I did far better with that NT. That was because a nice player helped me along with DECENT advice. Lazy's advice is still good advice, no matter how much of a tosser he acts.
    The real solution? Stop being so mopey and actually help them. Seriously, you're like one of those hippies who'd rather make a survey to see who liked Whales being killed instead of doing something to stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopecz View Post
    Because, you know, you knew exactly how to play this game 10 years ago lazy.
    i knew how to talk in OOC. i entered a city and saw people talking in Neutral OOC. so i pressed the thing where it says neutral ooc and said hello. it's not exactly rocket science to figure out.

hell, the default chat channel is Vicinity. just walk up to a group of people and ask them "hey guys, how do i chat in OOC?"

or is "press enter to type" also not allowed until someone tells him "hey you have to press enter to talk" ? are we testing to see if someone with FAS can play this game? some sort of basic problemsolving is required to play any game.
    Last edited by Lazy; Oct 8th, 2012 at 20:12:33.

i knew how to talk in OOC. i entered a city and saw people talking in Neutral OOC. so i pressed the thing where it says neutral ooc and said hello. it's not exactly rocket science to figure out.

hell, the default chat channel is Vicinity. just walk up to a group of people and ask them "hey guys, how do i chat in OOC?"

or is "press enter to type" also not allowed until someone tells him "hey you have to press enter to talk" ? are we testing to see if someone with FAS can play this game? some sort of basic problemsolving is required to play any game.
    You could go read the thread about it. Or you could just keep trolling. I know which one you'll pick already though.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

That's part of your problem as a newbie. You don't actually need a full set of premade implants as a basic set of leveling gear. In fact, alot of those pre-made implants are not useful because they have the wrong clusters in them. Again, the solution here isn't more credits for newbies to buy the wrong stuff, it's information to tell you what is useful so you spend your credits wisely. Thanks for the perfect example of why I'm right as well as how not to play as a newbie.
    You have correctly identified ANOTHER problem with the newbie experience. Shop buyable stuff is garbage in 90% of all cases.

It should be fixed.

Also, it is a reasonable expectation for players coming from other MMOs to be able to get a full set of equipment in the early-ish levels. Granted, AO has over 40 equipment slots, but given how valuable implants actually are, it is a fair request that players be able to get a full set. It is another fair request that the set be useful.
    Last edited by sultryvoltron; Oct 8th, 2012 at 21:08:42.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    the solutions you posted are clearly from veterans point of view. more money and cheaper items.
    normal "lets buy everything" style of AO.
    Currently, the only way to get usable implants in this game is to buy them. Random drop pre-made implants have maybe 1-2 useful implants out of the hundreds of different types that drop. The only way to buy them is to have credits.

I don't get what you're really saying here. If you want every item to be obtainable via quest, I think you're playing the wrong game.

That being said, I also suggested a quest which would guide people through getting a few useful implants for their specific profession. That is a good start, but we're not trying to reinvent the wheel here.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

You could go read the thread about it. Or you could just keep trolling. I know which one you'll pick already though.
    i actually re-read the first page of it the other day. and as i was typing a reply to this post i quickly ctrl+f'd to look for the word "asked" and got 0 results. so either you're roleplaying someone with a disconnected keyboard or that thread is more useless than helen keller's iPad.

Also, it is a reasonable expectation for players coming from other MMOs to be able to get a full set of equipment in the early-ish levels. Granted, AO has over 40 equipment slots, but given how valuable implants actually are, it is a fair request that players be able to get a full set. It is another fair request that the set be useful.
    A full set of implants hasn't been needed by newbies to level for the last decade and even if 90% of the shop gear is crap, you can still use it to level, just like they did when the game started. Little has changed in the game to make it necessary for a basic set of leveling gear for new players to include a full compliment of useful implants or improvements to shop gear, even if it's poor by the standards of today's veteran players. I don't believe players coming from other MMO's have an expectation for a full set of equipment at the beginning levels because many new MMO's do not give you access to every equipment slot a the beginning or make certain gear for those slot available until a later level ... not like what other MMO's do is relevant in this discussion anyways.
    Last edited by Obtena; Oct 8th, 2012 at 22:14:28.

not like what other MMO's do is relevant in this discussion anyways.
    Confirmed: players don't think AO should be relevant in the MMO market

are we testing to see if someone with FAS can play this game? some sort of basic problemsolving is required to play any game.
    True story: people with FAS design and develop this game. Just look at that fgrid shop item

i actually re-read the first page of it the other day. and as i was typing a reply to this post i quickly ctrl+f'd to look for the word "asked" and got 0 results. so either you're roleplaying someone with a disconnected keyboard or that thread is more useless than helen keller's iPad.
    Top of page 2, but I suppose that was too hard for you. I know you're just trolling though.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

I don't believe players coming from other MMO's have an expectation for a full set of equipment at the beginning levels because many new MMO's do not give you access to every equipment slot a the beginning or make certain gear for those slot available until a later level ... not like what other MMO's do is relevant in this discussion anyways.
    What other MMOs have you played?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Making credits in this game was never hard. I did solo missions for gear and nanos and thought that I was doing some sort of exploit by selling blood plasma for money, so I didn't tell nobody. Yeah, I looked like a clown in mismatched armor but I still got xp and extra creds at the end of the day.

New players don't need crap thrown at them, the process just needs to be streamlined and highlighted.
    Waiting for a cure.

Top of page 2, but I suppose that was too hard for you. I know you're just trolling though.
    so it took you 5 days to figure out how to talk in OOC?

so it took you 5 days to figure out how to talk in OOC?
    Why should you have to figure out how to make money in a role-playing game by breaking character?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Why should you have to figure out how to make money in a role-playing game by breaking character?
    confirmed: sultryvolton is an RP'er

but to answer your question: because RP should only occur in designated RP zones like the bars and GSP parties. people that RP everywhere and talk in character all the time are creepy.
    Last edited by Lazy; Oct 9th, 2012 at 20:54:57.

to answer your question:
    Not even close!
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

What other MMOs have you played?
    All of them, and you?

I don't know any RP'er that wouldn't break character for 5 days just because they didn't want to speak in OOC to get a question answered so they could progress in the game. That would kind of indicate a level of numbness of the brain that would prevent a person from being able to play any game ... or perhaps even breathe on their own without choking on their spit. It's not a relevant question to begin with anyhow. RP (can be but usually) isn't about collecting gear and making credits so no one would ever need to break character to do that. It's not uncommon to break character to do alot of things when RPing if you need to anyways, so if figuring out something to play ingame required to break out, making credits wouldn't be an exception to that.

Ironically, even RP people have figured out how to play this game, despite the drawback that they might have to talk in OOC once every 5 days. Go figure right! Pretty sure if they can do it, new players can too.
    Last edited by Obtena; Oct 10th, 2012 at 00:28:52.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast