Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game Metrics: Raids completed

Game Metrics: Raids completed

Preface:

Is DB3 too hard?

Question to the Devs:

Do you have metrics on the number of attempts, or, say, how many times a new instance of a raid is created, and, say, the number of times that raid has been successfully completed?

I'm just wondering because just off the top of my head, over the last ohh, say 3 months or whatever, my success rate is something like:

DB1: 100%
    DB2: 95% <-- includes team wipes
    DB3: 5% <-- haven't completed since the fire room patch
    TNH: 100%
    Beast: 75% <-- includes all the times beast wiped us
    AI raid: 99%
    Alappa: 100%
    Albatraum: 95%
    Gauntlet: 20% <-- haven't beat it in a while. We keep getting bad luck, like doc LDing on 5th floor, or, rookies keep DPSing while not killing adds, etc.

The big one on my list is DB3.

I'm just wondering if there are any server/dimension stats for the number of times attempted vs number of times completed.

And, it would be really cool to see how many times, for example, beast has been killed over the last 10 years or whatever :P

Tried DB 3 5 times this weekend. Couldn't beat fire room.

There is some serious latency problems in the fire room. I talked with 3 other guys (Melbourne, Sydney, 2x Brisbane) and all three have never been able to get past the fire room due to "irregularity" of fire damage, and occasional instant fire death, despite no warnings.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I guess I'm starting to narrow down the problem: it seems that the server<--> client latency of sending info across the globe a couple times can result in instant death due to fire updates not registering prior to the "obliterated" message.

FC can you confirm or deny that this may/may not be a problem based on success rate of locations of IP adresses?

yup. uk here with decent internet and good pc. can't get past fire room without instagibbing despite standing nowhere near the fire. i got almost everything i needed from there back when "creative use of mechanics" still allowed it (i.e. before they fixed the spot in the corners)

thanks for feedback lazy.

bump? still trying to gauge successes vs fails

Norway and I can honestly say that even though it's hard to admit it's been my own or a teammate's fault that we failed. It isn't that hard if you know what to do. That being said, I ain't playing from aussieland which might be another story
    NO U

bump, still looking for feedback.

Heroo0 i saw you doing it on darux last night, you get past fire room?

Yeah he did, he looted bracer today on engi and escape mod on MA ;p

I like the place as it is, just if people are dying from lag >_< what can you do, it's not the game's fault

That said instant death is still harsh

Unfortunately, Seoin, the lag is unescapeable for some of us who live on the opposite side of the planet.

Several of the guys I play with from Australia, have very similar experiences to mine, which unfortunately seem unescapable given the latency of wired communication from client to server.

Whle someone close to a server might have less than a half second of latency, say 20-30ms, aussies, kiwi's and others located so distant run no less than constant 350ms+.

Adding to the problem, because of how many distriubtion/telecom centres our signal is being routed through, plus physical distance travelled, the likelihood of "acts of god" disruptions increase linearly (spike lag interuption frequency).

Hence, while we are always subject to highish latency, we're ALSO subject to more frequent spike lag events.

I guess I have to say that my suggestion for this floor would be to remove the instant death, and put in a 5k hit for big fire... so 1.5k --> 5k.

I don't think thats unreasonable, and if you don't move fast you'll be toasted in seconds, but, it will be far more workable to those people who suffer for the unescapeable instant fire death due to location.

It's "Albtraum".
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    I guess I have to say that my suggestion for this floor would be to remove the instant death, and put in a 5k hit for big fire... so 1.5k --> 5k.
    Yea I think pretty much everyone can and has agreed with that from day 1 ;p

I've never been able to do DB3. Not because I can't get past fire room - but because nobody will team someone who isn't experienced in DB3 already. Shame, really.
    'Fbwhitey' : 220/26 Nano NT [PvP]
    'Garnerana' : 220/22 Trox Keeper [PvM]
    'Zinc' : 220/30 Trox Doctor [PvP]
    'Whex' : 171/22 Trox Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    I've never been able to do DB3. Not because I can't get past fire room - but because nobody will team someone who isn't experienced in DB3 already. Shame, really.
    quite ****ty org you have there.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Seoin View Post
    Yea I think pretty much everyone can and has agreed with that from day 1 ;p
    Make it the same as the enviroment DOT in Pande 33% HP each hit.. Gives you 2 to 3 warnings before you mess up and die.
    Last edited by Aimzor; Nov 15th, 2012 at 12:56:39. Reason: Quote the wrong post but you get the idea... Lunch break over..

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Preface:

Is DB3 too hard?
    No, you guys are weenies.

In fact I want HARDER raids.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    No, you guys are weenies.

In fact I want HARDER raids.
    move to australia: PVP much harder, DB2 harder, Beast harder, Mitaar harder, DB3 nigh impossible, DB1 harder, 12man harder... etc.

makes everything harder except dealing with trols.
    Last edited by McKnuckleSamwich; Nov 19th, 2012 at 05:04:19.

I live in Australia too and I play on a pretty old laptop ... I have problems with tower wars and lag, and yes I have experienced some problems with sync in db3, but nothing I could not overcome with the right profession and some tricks, but everything else mentioned is really easy...
    Trolls in this game, hard thing. hence why I don't really post much.
    Act Well your part, for Within lies all honor.

---------------------------------------------------

Darkwillow : *°°° Queen of Storm *°°°
    Milk 'Hotcow' Factory ^^MOO MOO^^
    Thomas 'Ceryx' Tomato
    --Blackmail--
    Kiyoko 'Purk' Whites
    Shu 'Zecret' Shan

Browsing since 2002.

It's not the lag in db3, it's that almost no one can make themselves focus so hard on the floor for 20mins while you do your regular prof job. I ping 300ms+ to NY and I personally don't have an issue with DB3 floors, it's that the team itself invariably does.

And then that one time you finally beat it. Your item doesn't drop.

It just sucks. It is painful to do. Get rid of it.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    It's not the lag in db3, it's that almost no one can make themselves focus so hard on the floor for 20mins while you do your regular prof job. I ping 300ms+ to NY and I personally don't have an issue with DB3 floors, it's that the team itself invariably does.

And then that one time you finally beat it. Your item doesn't drop.

It just sucks. It is painful to do. Get rid of it.
    I get invisible instadeath fires all the time while I was in Brazil. Never raided it on Germany so far :x
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast