Thread: CZ, cAn we get Patch notes?

CZ, cAn we get Patch notes?

Bump if you want to see them
    Regimental Beastie

Easy math:
    whiners = bad players

Rhetoric is useful because... before some audiences not even the possession of the exactest knowledge will make it easy to produce conviction. For argument based on knowledge implies instruction, and there are people whom one cannot instruct. Aristotle, 1355a20-27

Current Patch Notes

I can see why CZ is holding off on posting them here, they are woefully incomplete and he'd have 20 more threads complaining about the vagueness of the notes than he would have by holding off until they are more complete.

all patch notes will only be given by telepathy

Does it worry anyone that a major patch, with all the changes in 14.6, Funcom claims they don't KNOW what the patch notes are, they're still 'compiling' them?

They don't already know what all they fooled with?

Scary.

I was thinking that last night. Did the guy who made the changes go home for the night and just leave his "Patch Disk" at the office...?
    Jenslove-165
    Born-July 3rd, 2001

Finally got me a naner suit...

Account Created - 2001-06-28 03:53:22

Jenslove is not, has never been, and will never be Ebayed. So stop harrassing me.

Originally posted by Tiran
    Does it worry anyone that a major patch, with all the changes in 14.6, Funcom claims they don't KNOW what the patch notes are, they're still 'compiling' them?

They don't already know what all they fooled with?

Scary.
    I don't think it's a question of not knowing what the changes are. It's a question of not knowing what the patch notes should be.

For example, there's talk of a new crat nano to reduce experience loss. But apparently it's really buggy and probably won't be included. So, they don't know whether or not to put it in the patch notes.

Or the new dungeon in Borealis. Maybe they decide that it's incomplete and pull it out until 14.8.

Also, they have to consider the language in how they announce changes to the players. Every word that FC posts is analyzed and memorized and quoted ten thousand times over in rants, so they probably have to give a lot of thought to the wording.

Still, given some of the horrific changes I heard about in just thirty minutes of playing on Test, I really do have to wonder.

I will say one thing though: This patch could change EVERYTHING.

Originally posted by Lirona
    Still, given some of the horrific changes I heard about in just thirty minutes of playing on Test, I really do have to wonder.

I will say one thing though: This patch could change EVERYTHING.
    Now that is more vague than anything FC ever said.
    Jellobiafra General of First Order
    First Order-Cleaning clanners since 29210
    Visit our website to join!!

Originally posted by Iphigenia
    Also, they have to consider the language in how they announce changes to the players. Every word that FC posts is analyzed and memorized and quoted ten thousand times over in rants, so they probably have to give a lot of thought to the wording.
    Which should be a part of the process they go through when they start to patch, not something done at the end of the day when its all said and done. Plus, when we talk about having to remove things its pretty simple to say at the bottom "Patch notes may change due to any technical or otherwise unforseen problem with a feature", or maybe something worded a little bit better...
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

Anyone Else find complaining about this useless/mostly dumb? hehehehe Ovcourse we all want to see patch notes, but eh wait till they're ready!
    Only thing I see a need for is an eta
    Themakerr --- Quame --- Quamy - Docjeckyl

Proud member of Legion

Themakerr's Trade Skillz!
    "Doing nothing sucks when you have nothing to do" - Quamie

HERE'S AN IDEA!

a mystery patch!

"we added new things, new nerfs, and removed items. enjoy!"

Originally posted by Borrace
    HERE'S AN IDEA!

a mystery patch!

"we added new things, new nerfs, and removed items. enjoy!"
    Hey wait... I thought they did that with every patch?

Originally posted by BoomDoom

Which should be a part of the process they go through when they start to patch, not something done at the end of the day when its all said and done.
    Well, then they are right on schedule since it's NOT all said and done... The patch is only on the TEST server, not the live servers. (You remember the test server right? where they test things out before they hit the live servers?)

Flame me all you want for being a fanboy, whatever. If your doing it to me (someone who doesn't care), means you're leaving someone else alone (someone who might). Fact is, the patch isn't done, give them some time to get it done before you start whining about things.
    The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off to conserve energy.

My Greatest fear is that doctors call what they do "practice."

Despana -Eremite Tamer Extraordinaire!
    Sangaril -A stab in the dark.

bleh

People are less likely to ***** and moan if they put out patch notes that are more clear than a windex 0wned window.

Lets say they did give us patch notes, and there was something everybody was looking forward to, and then they decided to postpone it until a later patch last minute, or in the middle of making the match.

Then you'd have all kinds of people whining saying, "FC, you suck. You said you were gonna give it to us then you pussed out last minute. I canceling. waaaaaa" or "heeeeeeeeeeeeee, down with funlesscom! They ruined our patch. I eat glue."

I think its smart not to detail anything from the next patch until things are certain and in working order for their deadline.

Give them some breathing space, something more constructive to ask for would be an ETA.

-Slick
    Slickblue - 131 2he enforcer rk1

Anyone else feel like blitzing their office for the paycheck?

My Woman

notice: GAHH! I hate typos, so this is a pre-edit note, if its edited, then UBER MASTER TYPO KING Slickblue has done it again.. :/