Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heckler Juice

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    While 24000 FC points is like €200ish. I still don't agree with it.

Why attempt to remove players from the teaming pool?
    I'm not a fan of the way the item shop have been going, but there is some merit to the argument of these items making people pay Funcom instead of dubious third-party sites to get their levels, whether directly or indirectly.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Seriously, there is nothing about selling power to this at all really, it's a mere convinience. When you use that item, you have to be in ICC, and you can only use it once. Which means that you can either go from 1-60, 60-100, 100-150 or 150-200. And that for an absurd amount of FC points. Selling lvls isnt anything new in the MMO world, it's just that it's being done by weird third party asian sites, which isn't doing the game any good either. I'd rather that the few that would pay $$ for easy lvls pays funcom than egpal.com... But hey, that's just me..

Quote Originally Posted by Thecrow91 View Post
    1. I stopped paying over two years ago now, so it costs me nothing to play
    Shouldn't post about your account status on forums! Third paragraph!

I like the idea. I have been a casual player since 2005 and my highest char is 175. I have done most of that solo because all my old friends are gone and I really don't have any new friends because of my inability to play regularly (job and wife time commitments). Most of the players I currently know are guys with 220s' power leveling alts and they don't have much time to team with me. So what are my options? I can goof off and solo to 200 until the game shuts down or I can drink some juice, pop a few levels more and finally get in on some teams. The worst of it is that I am drinking the juice on an alt because my main is a ST'er engi, pretty useless for teaming at 175.
    Last edited by ilengineeru; Jun 29th, 2013 at 15:21:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker View Post
    Shouldn't post about your account status on forums! Third paragraph!
    Wow. If you don't pay you shouldn't post... Guess the years worth of time I did pay means nothing, so my opinion means nothing as well... Even though I've played this game for nine years
    ::Veteran of Divine::
    Thecrowalt1 - 220/19/62 - Solitus Keeper - Clan - Gimped
    Thecrow91 - 132/7/? - Solitus Doctor - Clan - First Toon
    Many others under 100

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    AO is too hard.. better nerf all content

Wow. If you don't pay you shouldn't post... Guess the years worth of time I did pay means nothing, so my opinion means nothing as well... Even though I've played this game for nine years
    True dat, just like if you are not level 220 you can't be on their team or in an AI raid if you are under 209 cause you will drag the l00t table down. There never used to be that many snots in this game or maybe I just didn't spend enough times reading the forums.

Exactly. No sense of dignity left.
    Funcom is just milking what they can.
    As their business practices get worse their reported profits decrease. Why don't they notice?
    I see your 2006 Forum date and raise you a few years.

I bought Heckler juice. You need to stop worrying about what I do with my money. If you don't want to buy levels, don't buy levels. If you group with someone and they don't know how to play their character, don't group with them again.

If you chose to stop playing a game you enjoyed because you were mad that people who want to have higher level characters sooner are paying Funcom rather than asiangoldfarmer.com, then you need help.

If there were some reliable way for Funcom to actually prevent account sales, then I could respect if Funcom were to choose not to sell levels, but there's not. Asking Funcom to allow other people to make money at their expense is just ignorant. The whole purpose of an MMO is to make the controlling company money. Believe me I have my gripes about how Funcom handles some things, but Heckler Juice doesn't even make the top 100 problems Funcom has.

Quote Originally Posted by cheopis View Post
    If you chose to stop playing a game you enjoyed because you were mad that people who want to have higher level characters sooner are paying Funcom rather than asiangoldfarmer.com, then you need help.
    ^This.

I don't see what's so bad about Heckler Juice at all. I'd much prefer seeing people pay $ to FC to get level 60 than paying $ to a gold farming website to pay powerlevelers to get level 60.

but hey, you're still posting arent you ? Im just telling you to be quiet about acc status..

Quote Originally Posted by ilengineeru View Post
    True dat, just like if you are not level 220 you can't be on their team or in an AI raid if you are under 209 cause you will drag the l00t table down. There never used to be that many snots in this game or maybe I just didn't spend enough times reading the forums.
    There never used to be this many medsuit noobs expecting to be dragged around like a lil toddler until 215+ either.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker View Post

There never used to be this many medsuit noobs expecting to be dragged around like a lil toddler until 215+ either.
    I solo leveled my Engi as a Fr00b to around level 100 for a year before I went paid. So you are not referring to me. The LFT system does not really work because of the "Vet Solo Snots" grinding bots for their alts and "medsuit noobs" that pay 3-5 mm per level.

I certainly do not want to be "dragged around like a lil toddler" but it would be nice to actually team with some players, this is an MMOPRG after all not a single player game. It would be nice to have team play. So at 200 I sit alone on LFT all night soloing content I cant survive because I do not have the gear.

I regret drinking the juice now because I am no better off than I was at level 152, in fact with the difficulty in research and SK I am pretty much hosed.

Quote Originally Posted by ilengineeru View Post
    I solo leveled my Engi as a Fr00b to around level 100 for a year before I went paid. So you are not referring to me. The LFT system does not really work because of the "Vet Solo Snots" grinding bots for their alts and "medsuit noobs" that pay 3-5 mm per level.

I certainly do not want to be "dragged around like a lil toddler" but it would be nice to actually team with some players, this is an MMOPRG after all not a single player game. It would be nice to have team play. So at 200 I sit alone on LFT all night soloing content I cant survive because I do not have the gear.

I regret drinking the juice now because I am no better off than I was at level 152, in fact with the difficulty in research and SK I am pretty much hosed.
    Aye I was not expecting RK missions to be completely broken at 200. It didn't surprise me that I couldn't get Shadowknowledge, but it still completely baffles me why research, which maxxes at toon level 200, cannot get full experience in RK missions.

It simply makes zero sense. At level 199 I can level from L1-9 in all research branches, but at 200+, I can't. Or rather I can, but only if grouped with someone under L200 who is in the same mission with me, and you only get research experience for kills, not for mission rewards.

Something was kludged together here to prevent research skillgain in RK missions, and I can't even begin to understand why.

LFT sucks and thats sort of the reality of it. The best thing about AO is orgs, get in an active org and you'll soon be teaming.

I couldnt stress enough how important it is to actually KNOW people in the game. I went from sitting all night lft on my fixer, to now when i log in, i got org people doing stuff at a few TLs, and numerous /tells for various content. Never have a trouble getting a team! Even for an Ely catacombs daily....
    Wake me up when West Athen is full of tl7 pvp again!!

I want things to go back to being the way they were: active orgs AND active LFTs. Remember when all you'd have to do outside ToTW was /shout in /vicinity to get a team? Those were always fun. And you even got to meet new people outside your own org!

To me that last part's always been extremely important. Orgs are like homes to me - they're where your family are at - but that shouldn't stop you from meeting/befriending the wider community, and I think it would be cool if more people were encouraged to do that.

As always, the key requirement for things like the normality/reliability of ToTW PUGs being possible again is: WE NEED MORE ACTIVE PLAYERS LULZ. :|
    Last edited by Ahndracorvid; Jun 18th, 2013 at 15:56:09.
    :E

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Ahndracorvid View Post
    I want things to go back to being the way they were: active orgs AND active LFTs. Remember when all you'd have to do outside ToTW was /shout in /vicinity to get a team? Those were always fun. And you even got to meet new people outside your own org!
    Those were the days :
    Those were also the days that ToTW stood for Temple of Train Wrecks

Quote Originally Posted by tigerengi View Post
    Those were the days :
    Those were also the days that ToTW stood for Temple of Train Wrecks
    Oh yeah I loved/hated seeing tons of trains when I was in TOTW. I even made a "Train, train, train!!!" macro to warn others someone was training.
    Last edited by ilengineeru; Jun 29th, 2013 at 15:26:08.

I usedto cast demon on my mp, and rename it Uklesh the Frozen, and park it right in the middle of that first little hallway with no mobs and put it on wait, then sneak and watch people pause when they saw him like "Ohh shii" ^_^
    Darktankin 220/30/70 Atrox Enforcer
    Popakap 220/23/64 Solitus Soldier
    Flagosaurus 220/27/70 Solitus Crat
    And many many more...

President of OT org The Darkside(Ex RK2)
    Protecting Rubi-Ka from terrorism since 29478

Quote Originally Posted by Darktankin View Post
    I usedto cast demon on my mp, and rename it Uklesh the Frozen, and park it right in the middle of that first little hallway with no mobs and put it on wait, then sneak and watch people pause when they saw him like "Ohh shii" ^_^
    LOL that is a good one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12