Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Account Slots

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Can we atleast know that for subcribers the amount will be 8 or more?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    subscribers get a few for free
    Yes, you will have more than 8 slots after the server merge if you're a subscriber.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Yes, you will have more than 8 slots after the server merge if you're a subscriber.
    confirmed: devs would rather give out free account slots than gouge more monies out of the community

No characters will be deleted, even if your total amount of characters from rk1, rk2 and dnw exceeds the maximum available slots on that account (As we're not going to give you 24 slots ).
    After the merge all characters will be 'disabled' and you will have the opportunity to pick which ones you wish to enable.

After consuming all available slots, the remainder of the characters will remain disabled until you either free up a slot (by deleting a character) or by purchasing additional slots.
    Doesn't sound too bad. Would you make sure to have a thread up with specific instructions for players to learn how to back up their characters pref folders and how to restore such prefs on an "activated" toon? (since the old CharID may be different from the original after the migration)

Also, would you consider (for a limited time ofc) allowing the move of characters between accounts (under a master account) so this would give players with more than one account a chance to organize their toons better?

Thanks for reading Vhab & Ilaliya.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Doesn't sound too bad. Would you make sure to have a thread up with specific instructions for players to learn how to back up their characters pref folders and how to restore such prefs on an "activated" toon? (since the old CharID may be different from the original after the migration)

Also, would you consider (for a limited time ofc) allowing the move of characters between accounts (under a master account) so this would give players with more than one account a chance to organize their toons better?

Yes, please ... full instructions in advance regarding saving pref-folders, etc. and the opportunity to "activate" a toon from any of our merged/linked accounts to a given account. If we must pick and choose which toons survive the server migration it would be nice to have this flexibility.

Kinnik

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post

That would be fabulous, I'd like to get my everyday toons on one monthly subscription and my once a month toons on a seperate subscription.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Current scheme we are looking at is: subscribers get a few for free, and then bundling a few more with various offers, and then the remainder as a paid service. This hasn't been set in stone, we have to make sure the tech can handle doing it this way. Cost hasn't been determined, that's the next step.
    Yay.
    RK1 (Atlantean)
    Candylover (220/28/57 Neutral Solitus Shade)
    Herthaur (160/13/? Neutral Atrox Doctor)
    Shirayukii (194/?/? Omni Solitus Doctor)
    Ladyoflove (181 Clan fr00b Solitus Martial Artist)
    Unikorn (10 Neutral fr00b Atrox Adventurer) - Sprkly's Pink Fluffy Thing
    ~~~~
    RK0 (TestLive)
    Tideborn (220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Enforcer)

Current scheme we are looking at is: subscribers get a few for free, and then bundling a few more with various offers, and then the remainder as a paid service. This hasn't been set in stone, we have to make sure the tech can handle doing it this way. Cost hasn't been determined, that's the next step.
    Any further information on this? Or, do we have to wait until 18.6 makes it to the Live server because of the chacter slot number impacting our billing info? Or, decisions are still pending?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Yes, please ... full instructions in advance regarding saving pref-folders, etc. and the opportunity to "activate" a toon from any of our merged/linked accounts to a given account. If we must pick and choose which toons survive the server migration it would be nice to have this flexibility.

Kinnik
    Any consideration being given to a few free "account transfers" so we can balance out our accounts? This has been asked in a number of threads by multiple people, not just me ...

Kinnik

So we had 24 slots 8 on each server overtime. One shutdown we got 16 another down now we have 8. I assume a few extra free means 24 + a few?

Plz plz Vhab , if you read this , make the Veteran Point being a possible way to acquire those slot !!
    Veteran Point have no use, this is an issue. im paying since 2002 this game and it's really annoying to not have something valuable due to my loyalty.
    VP transfer to FC point by example..
    "Telemak" : 215 Soldier // "Anogineer" : 210 Engineer // "Abdominaux" : 199 Enforcer // "Doctordre" : 182 Doctor // "Zzzzzioon" : 174 Fixer // "Pandantatete" : 170 Agent // "Kickndie" : 150 Martial Artist // "Notoriouss" : 149 Martial Artist // "Xzibeat" : 150 Nano Technician // "Ilovefarming" : 128 Agent // "Rabijuice" : 75 Keeper // "Zzzengy" : 60 Engineer // "Shanasha" : 55 Soldier // "Abdominus" : 46 Enforcer

YAAAY !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz-9XQL6Ubo
    You have already reached the maximum number of allowed accounts
    You are not allowed to create any new accounts

Bump this is the single most important change I'd like to see right now. Got 3 220s taking a hiatus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

It is "after the server merge" now (for almost a month), I'm (still) a subscriber and I don't have more than eight slots. Why, Funcom, why ?
    No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward.

this can mean anytime from now until forever "soon"
    ~~ Veteran Mad Nuker of Komodo ~~ Join us Today ~~
    ~~ LVL 150-215 Arul Saba Factory ~~

220 NT Wizardelo (equip) Nano-Technician Nanomage Reborn Mad Nuker
    220 ENG Heresy (equip) Solitus Engineer... TS hoe
    216 ENF Wizarmadiloo (equip) Trox Enforcer ...lazy meatshield
    211 KPR Imoortal (equip) twinking....
    185 TRD Ciupakapra - work'in'progress

New word for soon(tm). FC iteration: forsoon. definition: an action to be taken anywhere in the indefinite future.
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12