Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Account Slots

Account Slots

Availability to add more slots per account. 8 being basic # you start with after you fully upgrade your account u can have 13. For those of us who cba with having 2. I just want more room without having to get a whole nother account so i can make 3 more toons. Makes sense since we got burned out of 3rd server years ago and were never compensated with the loss of 8 account slots yet price is still same.

add 5 more account slots

$5 per slot 600 paid points w/e

Id pay it.

I wholeheartedly agree, i'd say make the max +4, so 8+4=12. That way you can have one of each of the original profs, but cant manage all 14. So you still need 2 accounts if you want all chars, there are still other reasons to have 2 accounts these days anyway.

I have 2 accounts and ran out of char slots a few months ago, and there's no chance i'm going to sub a third account, so i'd over time max both accounts. Great way to milk a bit more dosh out of me, and i'm definitely not the only one

As a Froob I'd pay for 4 more slots same as I paid to use the mail system. Go on. It's a bloody good idea.
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

enable dual logging from one account.

Additional slots wouldn't be a bad idea, 3 or 4 more slots seems to be reasonable for us to have a broader experience. + I need room to make new twinks...

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    enable dual logging from one account.
    I like this option but I can see it going south in the name of account security.
    Perhaps that's where Vet accounts come in? I'd still like to see those things go for $10 instead of $20; but that's an argument for another thread
    Tiger Claw RK2
    Enforshar 220/30/70 Enf PVM
    Sharrr 220/25/60 Crat PVP - WIP
    Jessilav 170 NT PVP
    Microsoft WIP TS'er

Sharrr's Proposition
    Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    I need to shut my mouth now or I will be quoted on the internet talking about b00bs, again.

i recently maxed out my 2nd acct. bamp.

wanted this to happen at one point my self but i doubt it ever will, to much profit loss for funcom.
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

How does it equate to profit loss when you still need to dual log to self buff? I think 12 slots for upgraded (one off payment) Froobs and 14 slots for upgraded paid accounts is the way to go. Reflects the fact that we Froobs get access to 12 profs while Paid get 14. If I lone then what I know now my Crat would be on my 2nd mule account so I could give him buffs from my NT, Engie and Enfo...
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

what does dual logging for buffs have to do with character slots? I doubt many people open a 2nd account just to buff their self, they do it for the extra toons they can make. and why would a froob pay for more character slots when they can open an unlimited number of froob accounts? personally if I was playing as a froob I'd open a new account for every character i made so if I wanted to play any 2 or more together I could.

but to answer the original query, how can you not see profit loss when a instead of a person opening a new account and thus paying for a second subscription, they pay once to get what they want. potentially hundred + a year vs a 1 time of 20 or 30?
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

I think there are many reasons for having multiple accounts, and they don't necessarily apply to everyone.

To take me as an example: I have paid for 5 accounts for a number of years now. Initially it was because I wanted to be able to buff myself with anything and log twinks to help my leveling characters, but eventually it expanded to 'multilog all the things'. Three of them are full, the other two have a purpose.

Would I have initially made several accounts if I could log several characters from the same account? Nope. Would I have made several accounts simply because of lack of character slots? Eventually, yes.

Now this is an interesting issue to me because I do want stuff to be cheaper. But for some reason I don't want them to do anything which would reduce income too much? I suppose these things happen when you get attached to a game & community.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Funcom employee

We are looking into increasing character slots in some way for the server migration. This is a qualified statement because we are in the process of doing the technical investigation, and there are a lot of different solutions on how it would work and we need to make sure the one we picked actually functions properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    We are looking into increasing character slots in some way for the server migration. This is a qualified statement because we are in the process of doing the technical investigation, and there are a lot of different solutions on how it would work and we need to make sure the one we picked actually functions properly.
    how many dollars will this cost?

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    how many dollars will this cost?
    Current scheme we are looking at is: subscribers get a few for free, and then bundling a few more with various offers, and then the remainder as a paid service. This hasn't been set in stone, we have to make sure the tech can handle doing it this way. Cost hasn't been determined, that's the next step.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    subscribers get a few for free
    I approve of this.

Var
    Varsbot
    Variable004

what would be the maximum no. of slots per account if you bought/recieved all offers? 16 to cover the two old dimensions or even more?
    Forgetmenot - TL3 Agent, RK2
    Future FrOOb buff slave.

A 'few' for free with the server migration? Enough to save all your RK1 and RK2 characters on a particular account or are we still going to have to sacrifice a few on the altar of £££? I am primarily an RK1er but I have built my stable of RK2 characters over the years as well and I'd be pissed off (to say the last) if I was told I'd have to cough up more money for them to not get deleted.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Funcom employee

No characters will be deleted, even if your total amount of characters from rk1, rk2 and dnw exceeds the maximum available slots on that account (As we're not going to give you 24 slots ).
    After the merge all characters will be 'disabled' and you will have the opportunity to pick which ones you wish to enable.

After consuming all available slots, the remainder of the characters will remain disabled until you either free up a slot (by deleting a character) or by purchasing additional slots.
    Last edited by Vhab; Sep 7th, 2012 at 12:31:46.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Yay, pay more money to be able to play around on your alts!
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

I also approve of this, but I'd also be willing to pay for additional (more than the free ones offered) in the future.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    No characters will be deleted, even if your total amount of characters from rk1, rk2 and dnw exceeds the maximum available slots on that account (As we're not going to give you 24 slots ).
    After the merge all characters will be 'disabled' and you will have the opportunity to pick which ones you wish to enable.

After consuming all available slots, the remainder of the characters will remain disabled until you either free up a slot (by deleting a character) or by purchasing additional slots.
    Can we atleast know that for subcribers the amount will be 8 or more?
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast