Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 151-200 BS. Roots, Roots and Roots???

151-200 BS. Roots, Roots and Roots???

So, has this bs just become completly undoable by melees until roots get reworked?, Should i be getting rooted with 2.2k NR? Why is it that all root profs have to do to a MA is Root, wait till first Fm is used.... Reroot.... rinse repeat??? Why is it that Upon a wave of summer doesnt give me a temporary immunity to roots??? Why dont funcom look at all BS lvls and not just 220? How long is * Dont worry, Rebalance will change it* gonna be all you tell people?

Roll an Enforcer.

reroll any 150 ...there is not such thing cuz its not working at all haha
    Shade lover (trox all the way :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Raishen View Post
    So, has this bs just become completly undoable by melees until roots get reworked?(1), Should i be getting rooted with 2.2k NR?(2) Why is it that all root profs have to do to a MA is Root, wait till first Fm is used.... Reroot.... rinse repeat???(3) Why is it that Upon a wave of summer doesnt give me a temporary immunity to roots???(4) Why dont funcom look at all BS lvls and not just 220? How long is * Dont worry, Rebalance will change it* gonna be all you tell people?(5)
    1. I play a tl5 melee advy and a tl7 shade. BS is perfectly doable on both and I'm having fun inside, even tho my advy only has like 1.6k NR it dosn't get rooted too often.
    2. Yes, you should.
    3. Do you expect them to just sit and let you kill them? They are using roots to prevent you from hurting them.....it's been like this for 11 years.
    4. You can use Might of the Revenant for root immunity, free movement stims to remove roots and totw or IS rods to remov them almost instantly.
    5. BS levels are fine, except allowing lvl 200 twinks in pande gear and ql300 AI armor to play with tl5 twinks.
    6. As I see it, rebalance will only hurt the game more. Any major change that FC announces takes more then 4 years to implement, trust me
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Quote Originally Posted by Malraux View Post
    1. I play a tl5 melee advy and a tl7 shade. BS is perfectly doable on both and I'm having fun inside, even tho my advy only has like 1.6k NR it dosn't get rooted too often.
    That's more than my TL5 Fixer with NR1. And saying "even though my advy *only* has" makes me wonder if that number is incorrect ?

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

5. BS levels are fine, except allowing lvl 200 twinks in pande gear and ql300 AI armor to play with tl5 twinks.
    seriously. whoever decided that needs to stop smoking crack and try bs on a tl5 twink :S

The changed BS levels are horrendously bad. Bring back the old ones, or here's an idea, just make multiple BS's.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    That's more than my TL5 Fixer with NR1. And saying "even though my advy *only* has" makes me wonder if that number is incorrect ?
    Compared to his 2.2k, yes, mine 'only' has 1.6k. 1601 exactly
    All tl5 advys walk around with nr1 and smart ones swap some items too for more NR, like shoulder slots.

I rechecked and have 1601 exactly, self buffed with both penumbra NR pads on. That sector7 NR ring is a must have
    Last edited by Malraux; Aug 30th, 2012 at 23:57:18.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

I rechecked and have 1601 exactly, self buffed with both penumbra NR pads on. That sector7 NR ring is a must have
    Ah right, forgot about that ring. I have it still wrapped in a box on my Fixer, but as I cba to play I cba to open the present :P

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by rjm3 View Post
    The changed BS levels are horrendously bad. Bring back the old ones, or here's an idea, just make multiple BS's.
    Yeah, make each range only 5 levels to ensure that nobody has much better gear than the next. Oh wait, then no range has enough people to get a round started.

Right now ranges consisting of everyone levels 101-150 and 151-200 can barely get started, but split it up into more just for the lulz.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnykay View Post
    Yeah, make each range only 5 levels to ensure that nobody has much better gear than the next. Oh wait, then no range has enough people to get a round started.

Right now ranges consisting of everyone levels 101-150 and 151-200 can barely get started, but split it up into more just for the lulz.
    just move 200 twinks up into the 201-214 bs

Compared to his 2.2k, yes, mine 'only' has 1.6k. 1601 exactly
    All tl5 advys walk around with nr1 and smart ones swap some items too for more NR, like shoulder slots.

Well, doesn't advys have a anti root nano as well? that gives you a percentage of resistance?

OT; I too feel roots are being horribly abused in BS, even though i play ranged profession this is something that really turns me off..

There are some people that just root and run, never engages in battle - For the two simple reasons :
    1. They either already know they cannot defeat you, so they root 'n run instead.
    2. They are too busy capturing points.

actually, 2 root rezist nanos
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    I would love this, 200 NT needs a bigger challenge.

As for the OP, playing an MA has always sucked when dealing with rooters. Try for conceal I KNOW you have spare IP for it. You can also keep that bow handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    Quickly followed by QQ 199's are OP!

I'm not saying there isn't a huge power difference between 151-170 toons and 200 toons, but those arguing for smaller or modified ranges need to be very aware that due to the current population issues, their proposed ideas would likely lead to these ranges running as often as TL2 BS. I guess the decision should be would you rather have 151-200(199) bs or no BS at all? Because in my opinion, changing it back to 150-174 would pretty much spell the end of all BS for toons between the levels of 150 and 200.

Johnny, 200s get so much more than 199s. That's the main point here. Seriously, the new BS levels could be fixed if they made them title level bound, cut neatly to balance. Level 9-14, level 15-24, level 25-49, and above that turned to the old levels. 101-150 is also ruled by those twink which have a new item in nearly every slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
    Johnny, 200s get so much more than 199s. That's the main point here. Seriously, the new BS levels could be fixed if they made them title level bound, cut neatly to balance. Level 9-14, level 15-24, level 25-49, and above that turned to the old levels. 101-150 is also ruled by those twink which have a new item in nearly every slot.
    1. So you think people won't bitch about 199's, right? I have a 200 twink. I know the extra stuff they get over a 199. People are still going to twink at 199, and they're still going to destroy 160's and 170's.

2. I can't draw it in crayon, but again, look at the population. Absent a giant boost to population, modification to tighten BS ranges is going to lead to rounds running significantly LESS. Go take a look at how often 151-200 BS runs right now. Then, once every 4-5 hours when a round starts, check and see if the round would have started if the range was split (4+ between 151-174 or 4+ 175-200).

So, either boost the population or leave the damn ranges alone. Doing anything else is sure to further destroy BS.
    Last edited by Johnnykay; Sep 4th, 2012 at 01:35:35.

Johnny, of course a 199 will beat an equally twinked 174. But not as harshly.

At level 200, Research Attunement Device Level 3's become available.

The difference between a 2 and a 3 of most types is around double, or more.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Plus 200s get access to the lvl10 research (usually translates to at least +60ar) and an additional perk (1hb.8, 2hb.8, fs.2, sh.6, tink.4 just to name a few useful perks gained @ 200).
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast