Thread: Old AO "Features"

Old AO "Features"

OK, so I'm bored at work, but I was thinking about all those old bugs that used to make playing this game so "fun". So I thought I would start this little thread to let people who weren't playing when they where in game know about that (hmmm, sure there should be a comma or something in that sentance somewhere )

please add any other bugs I missed, only rule is they have to have been fixed.

1) Newland Grid. Lots of people talk about this, and say they want it back. The reason for this is it used to be about half a mile up in the air, so anyone coming out of it would fall to their deaths, and I mean death, as fall damage wasn't capped at that point (did anyone survive it? I never saw anyone walk away, but I could be wrong). Used to be fun watching newbies falling from the sky

2) "Take it easy". Brought in to stop people continually pressing the q key in fights, the game was supposed to give you the message "take it easy" if you did. However what it often did was wait till you got agroed by some big meany, then every time you tried to fight back, would tell you to "take it easy", thereby giving you a free trip to the reclaim.

3) Various types of mission not working. Like the fix radar or put sack of poison in mutants food machine ones. The Machine never spawned in the mission.

please add any other actualy features of AO that have now gone for good too, only one I can actually think of off the top of my head is when the weight limit actually worked, and you couldnt carry 40000 rounds of Ammo out with you

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

When snaring yourself repeatedly increased your run speed, allowing my first character (a fixer) to "buff" herself to about 1200 runspeed at level 24.

When you'd occassionally go linkdead in a mission, then come back to find the that entire mission had reset and all the mobs and chests were respawned.

When pet users would go linkdead and their pets would sometimes attack and kill them for it.

When the Doctor team grid nano was introduced and they could cast it on other people's teams.

When the Doctor team grid nano would sometimes grid people who had left the Doctor's team - even if they had joined another.

Virulent Minibulls
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

When you could cast nanos while morphed in reet (which as a lv 22 newbie adv I found useful at the time, because I could buff for the morph then remove the buff and buff my runspeed, all that with 10 ncus :))

When the backyard exit description was saying that you had to be level 4 even thought you could get out as soon as level 2, and most newbies (including myself) made sure to be level 4 before exiting the backyard (I spent my first 2 evening of playing the game in the backyard)

When you couldn't use morphs indoors because you couldn't go through doors

When (not so long ago) the sit and stand up animations for the morphs were reversed (with the side effect that you had to explain this to everyone that asked to be morphed during missions, and when it was fixed, I was always mixing up sit/stand up when using nano kits)

When everyone and their mom looted yalms in mission a few month ago when the loot tables were bugged, although I only got a whooping 3 mids during that period

When human npcs had way more ACs than they should have had and were almost unkillable compared to same level non-human mobs

When (not so long ago either) the brown cave kind of missions were all messed up, with tons of objects blocking the way around and bizarre catwalks requiring to jump in various places, thus making pet pathing impossible and made it impossible to go through some parts morphed

When disarming chests gave you BOMBS!
    (That you could sell, or if you were careful, place, AO really
    was an anarchy then, lol)

When opening a trapped chest released a roller-rat, who became
    a pet.
    He wouldn't leave his room, usually, but you could drag mobs
    to it and say give the pet attack command anyway.
    Last edited by Raisins; Oct 18th, 2002 at 15:08:09.
    Garfield Babump Houston - RK2 Clan Fixer, L 156
    Pasquale Raisins Silvestrini - RK1 Omni Fixer, L 81
    (No, I am not a recurring character on the Sopranos)
    [url=http://www.anarchy-online.com/character/bio/d/2/name/sanotrix]