Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rebalance Shadowbreed

Quote Originally Posted by Stillian View Post
    You make a choice when you go Clan
    Hmmm ... not really.
    When people choose a side at first, they don't know they'll be limited to specific options like sided Shadowbreed lines ; as i did myself, they will discover this long -long- after that choice (when they hit 200+ AND do mass pvp in war/tara).
    Once they know it, then they reroll toons with knowledge. & the danger is that most people might go the side offering best strategic options BY NATURE ... wich could partly explain why there are twice more omnis than clan in TL7 on RK2 as i explain in OP !

In the end, you kinda justify this unbalancement on SB options by a roleplay point of view ? Honestly, that's a little shallow, and totally arguable : "guerilla" is also striking quick assaults by surprise (see China or South america history ...). So, following your logic, clan could perfectly be the side with offensive AOE and omnis those with defensive AOE - wich i'm *not* asking for, by the way : i claim equal options both side or removal of AOE in SB.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillian View Post
    we should be arguing for removal or replacement
    About removal, no need to argue (most people seem to agree on this).
    But if you got ideas for replacement, feel free to submit.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

I play Omni and I am with Bitny. Side choice has it's own ramifications, like who your allies and leaders are, and their personalities and methods, that could win or lose wars by itself.

If different sides have different advantages handed to them, people are going to do nothing but cry about it if they lose, and people are going to regret that they can't pull off the details of their offensive or defensive focused setups because their faction has the wrong type of stuff(SBs/ado rings/biodome armor/noob island pads/anything else? gunship and sleeves in the past?)

As for the people saying they should be removed? Why? Sure it's not something you're gonna use in every fight, but I don't see what's wrong with having something powerful on a long cooldown for dire situations. Of course you can get called a biatch if you use it in a duel or something

So I do still vote that all sides have access to the different SBs for their breed, and that they can choose one at a time, and it not be a permanent choice. If someone doesn't like the idea of swapping between them, it could have a delay, like the 2h it takes for contracts to take effect, so that you can't choose based on what you need on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    Omni AOE has super aggressive options :
    - soli & trox => AOE dot+root,
    - nano => 8k AOE nuke.
    Omni nano SB does over 9000.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Omni nano SB does over 9000.
    Did you mean this? Over 9000
    Mizufluffy (220/30/??) MA # Hopeasaukko (216/27/??) NT # Mustarotta (100/10/28) Crat
    Mustarotta's Foreman (Biomare) Service for Hire (unavailable)
    Some of my froobs on RK2: Neuzoire, Denzyr, Hinami, Hinachan, Zetblanc, Dalanope, Chenin, Reandway (I'm more active on characters with yellow name)

No, he meant over 9000
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Bump. I also agree with Seoin that all sides should have access to the the different SBs! IMO the balance considerations outweigh the loss of differentiation between omni and clan.
    I am Horrible

Shadowbreeds are fun. They should not be an unremovable, unbreakable root for more than 5s. It's not the damage over time that makes any difference, the critical is nice but not really silly.

The other races shadowbreeds are not overpowered, or not even nearly as powerful as the omni solitus.

It should either be removable, under the "Root and snare" line with a 4m to 6m duration, or no more than 5s unremovable and/or unbreakable.

The current omni solitus shadowbreed is a one-handed gimme to winning a battle. I shouldn't really need to explain why, but, a clan doctor could be rooted and focused for 35s (Usually anything more than 6s means that it's dead), clan melee would not be able to even move to the called target, and omni would be free to target and kill whoever they would like. Omni doctors would be able to put themselves at a safe, worryless distance from the enemy raid.

As an omni doctor, using a shadowbreed and staying 35m away from the clan raid generally meant that I could heal without watching my health drop, and being called meant near nothing.
    Last edited by wonderland; Sep 11th, 2012 at 02:42:07.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

Not reading everything but I did want to bring up an important point on the offensive and defensive terms applied to omni and clan shadowbreeds respectfully. It was stated that clan are forced to play defensively because they have survival based shadowbreeds, or ones that protect their faction rather than harm an opposing faction.

Do people no longer PVP the same way? Clan often rush, if not rush blobs of omni more often by using atrox shadowbreeds. The special and regular blockers allow a faction to rush another group while taking significantly reduced damage. Using it this way is better as well considering a group which is being rushed is less likely to call appropriate targets, and damage is initially spread out and practically nullified when atrox SB is running.

The only significant difference between the way omni and clan SB's work is that omni can stack their SB's or time them more efficiently, while clan SB's have no effectiveness if overlapped. No one can expect a group of one faction to defensively coordinate their SB's as well as another can coordinate offensive SB's. Players in even the most organized chain can be killed pre-maturely ruining any planning. Maximizing the effectiveness of area heals or buffs is also difficult considering offensive types will always effect a player while healing a full health target is useless.
    Last edited by Gatester; Sep 11th, 2012 at 03:11:10.

Being unrootable is bigger advantage than rooting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Remove shadowbreeds,troa'ler and nbs. Make this game better to play!
    Forever yours. Otmoz.

Duel/solo stats can be faked. Side xp cant be. TL7 nw for life

I'm all for the removal of SBs or bringing them on par OR having access to all regardless of side.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

The only broken SB are the neutral versions. WTB an own version not some Omni/ Clan semi rip-off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12