Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Omni ( Using Tara as an example ) flame away.

Wink

*me hands Ocura a clan form*

:P

The way the system is for clans atm in terms of loot atm is 1 of the reasons omnis are going clan for a "FREE ROLL"....
    It'll change soon... im quite sure..
    Sbje RK2 Soldier
    Sbee RK2 MA

thank god. the amount of high lvl omni switching to clan just because of tara s sickening.
    Dictator

Re: Re: Omni ( Using Tara as an example ) flame away.

Originally posted by gwend
    Originally posted by Ocura
    the harder and longer the better

my thoughts exactly
    Erm...yeah.

Re: Explanation

Originally posted by Myrdd
    Yes Oscura many omnis have given up. I will tell you why.

1) Clanners can insure right outside of the dungeon, while omnis have to wait till their CL gets back up and grid back in after they die.

2) Since tara is more accesible to clanners, and there is a cap on the number of people that can be in the dungeon, clanners get tons of people in and then omnis can only get a few in before we hit the cap.

3) Clanners are overpowered when it comes to man power. Many omnis have gone clan to get tarasque loot, which keeps making it easier and easier for clanners.

So yes many of us have given up. And for good reason too, its not fun to go all that way and get slaughtered on the spot.

More organization would help, but thats not all that we need. There are game mechanics that make tarasque more accesible to clanners, and clanners just have more high level people.
    Also seems that clan TBW ppl in there like mad. Example went in GS3 last night after patch (morning for ya euros) and we had about 20-30 omni, at first there were like 20-30 clanners, could have been a good fight. Other omni were saying they couldnt get in no matter what. However clanners just keep filling and filling it up. Ended up with 50-60 dots, so I went from a lil fun fighting back and forth to 1min lag where i am swinging at someone that ain there, and no one around me is killing me...so I died...think I was one of last omni to fall.

Now tell me is this fun? I waste time to go there, waste time to fight off a few clanners at door, I can't get my friends back into the same GS cause it is "full" however TBW seems to work fine.

As an omni I won't go back until we get our **** together and get engies and others to fill up the dungeon like the clanners do.

Also I and many other omni think its a waste of time to do this when if 75-100 omni DO show up my chance of getting loot is pretty ****ty.
    Old Isgrimnur Timer - Ranger
    Glen Sago Schmeisser - General
    Marky Kenidy Mark - Master Assassin Retired@200
    Bling Isgrimnurr Bling - Chairman and CEO

"Have you ever wondered, when you check loot and see NODROP, if it is not supposed to be dropped, how come the mob dropped it? And if the mob can drop it, why can't I?"

As an omni I won't go back until we get our **** together and get engies and others to fill up the dungeon like the clanners do.

Also I and many other omni think its a waste of time to do this when if 75-100 omni DO show up my chance of getting loot is pretty ****ty.
    How can we get our sh-it together IF everyone and their mothers cat thinks like you ?
    Oh ya, we can start cloning ourselves so we have our own little army, and when we are done we can offer you a finished project: Loot the dead dragon Party - Brought to you by team clone.

And yes Clan is FAST, they can scan/reclaim nearby, but DONT tell me we cant be fast as we have a long travel to do.
    I timed it today: 1 / 1.5 min ( depending on lag ) from Trade East Terminals to Camelot, by Yalm and Whompa.

The problem I really see here is: Ya go ahead and start already, I will show up and help later on. This is the reason why we never have a force and will always lose.

P.S.
    WTF is everyone so lootgreedy ? In EQ I participated on 15 / 20 raids without even seing a single plat/loot - I lost xp in grand.
    I learned to live with the no loot - but TONS of fun.
    Hope Ocura Heals
    Healmonkey for Dark Front - Rimor
    Give us /target <name> please !!!

[Frankt]: I'll be any animal you want me to be.. just let me hump your leg !

huh? Im confused. I've gone to 2 omni tara raids in two days (yes, I AM a turncoat) and we won both times. this is in only one playfield mind you, but it was extremely organized.

the problem was this: both days, tara was killed UBER late (2am-3am) central US time. So after that first raid, many Us based folks had to go to bed. Many others would like to do something else for a little while. You can't fault us for having to sleep and work! hehe.

I've honestly had alot more fun in the omni raids, as there's been some steady pvping going on. Yeah, I know I'm supposed to stay away from the door, but Dimach just refreshed and I'm almost at rookie title, etc.

Funniest thing in the world happened to me last night though. I join the bot and head to camelot, forgetting to ask which GS everyone was in. I end up in gs2 and hell, there were alot of people already collected in GS2. They say "come down, we have the box room". So I run my little opi a$$ down and....box room is empty...

Except for a clan trader. lol.

Funniest part was I figured I could run past this trader and hide (I wasn't even buffed at this point, wtf was I thinking?), only I see a little orange dot follow me. I even made it all the way to T's room before getting smeared.

But yeah, it seems omni and clan have things about 50/50. Omni takes the first gs and while loot is being divvied, people are logging off, etc, clan fills the seconds gs. Nothing wrong with that, seems fair to me
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

T H I S P O S T
    I S I N R E F E R E N C E
    T O R U B I K A 2

Sbje RK2 Soldier
    Sbee RK2 MA

The problem with Omnis and Tara atm is twofold:

The main problem is that ppl are saying "We can't do this, they're too strong!" and stuff along those lines.

Second problems is that ppl who goes sees what happens and then stay away (read the above as to why).

Agreed, we have alot of clueless peeps among the Omnis, but are also many among the clanners

But the "Tara Incident" have discouraged many ppl from going, discouraged many ppl from wanting to spend time with it.

We *can* have organization, wich in turn will mean Omni going back to Tarasque. But it requires work from all Omnis, not just a few.

We go as Omnis, not as individuals, or we don't go at all.
    Soldier Equip

Victory to the omnis! The Renaissance attacked Nemesis in theyre base in Mort. The attackers won!
    [Gimpybot] Kiwaczek: how the hell they plant ct 8 min before timer ? [Gimpybot] Zantezutske: another nice exploit? (The Renaissance built CT)

Vlain: I am milk every of yous!!!

Proud member of The Renaissance

At least omni ownz bada$$ on rk3. But there its the same way. The only differnce here is, clan wont come back after they die at reclaim... they have more ppl trying to jump omni raids, but most are grey for us omnis.. still over lvl 75 tho hehehe...

we managed to kill tara 2 weeks in a row now... sometimes without any interference.. while on other days we had a lot of tries from clan side to interrupt us..

With a good defense team i am pretty sure you can mess up any clan ppl helping.
    So long,

Tom Nightwish Callagher; Rk3's first lvl200 pvp/tradeskillzzz Trader eqp - Status Bored *g*
    Shorty Instantkill McPot; lvl 200 Agent Rk3 eqp - One Man Army
    Blossom Powapufgirl Buttercup; lvl 191 Enforcer - Flavour of teh last 4 months. Clones DO suck, but...

Tom Nightwish Demesa; Trader on Rk2

Lack of Healers ya that's why I don't go. We get more healers, I'll glady go.

"We can't do this, they're too strong!"
    Well I hate to disagree with you here tza, but I think I beg the differ with all the traitors going over to clan recently. I got to see clan raid of tara today, and they have much numero's of peeps, 57 in total, thats 25 more peeps then we amassed last raid we won.

"we have alot of clueless peeps among the Omnis"
    eep I hope I'm not one!
    nifertu

Wink

Originally posted by DrZatan
    *me hands Ocura a clan form*

Seeing DrZatan would make me quit and go back to what I was doing.

On Rk1 its just faded enthusaism.....Be it Team beacon warping by clan when they cant get in or there close proximity to insurance terminal There isnt a chance for much competition unless there are lack of clan on that time of night like it was yesterday.

Throw in ninja looting by a low level( level limit 75) so this crap can stop. And a faction limit to prevent flooding of the play area. And maybe just omni will get off their butts instead of just turning Clan and join the shopping T channel.

A small team of omni held for ages at T one night in box....but we were slowly eroded by the sheer volume of Clan and not one more omni could get into the play area.

Phinger
    Level 220 Nanotech
    Highangel - Level 212 Crat
    and a 205 MP (Used to buff Phinger ....now buffs everyone else)

You hit Stefan Messamore with nanobots for 14295 points of radiation damage.

Re: Explanation

Originally posted by Myrdd
    2) Since tara is more accesible to clanners, and there is a cap on the number of people that can be in the dungeon, clanners get tons of people in and then omnis can only get a few in before we hit the cap.
    I guess this is why Omni show up in force, hours ahead of time and fill up a playfield or two... Because Clanners wander over when it's convenient.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12