Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: June 2012 is delayed

Quote Originally Posted by Cdogg421 View Post
    hey jerk, don't speak for me! but it does also beg the question of weather or not you come up with a different tone, accent, and dialect for each person of the community that you speak for... if so, your a great man and you can indeed speak for me.
    I have you signed up for the fake Jamaican patois... mon. [puffs at malformed "cigar"]

Quote Originally Posted by Marcusius1 View Post
    Sorry to say that to you but `I` did not given you permission to talk on my behalf.
    Permission was inferred from your failure to file a Revocation of Permission Request in a timely manner, also note that we at this time have a two year backlog on processing the earlier mentioned RoP requests.
    It is quite frankly, out of my hands.

NB. As no RoP requests had been filed at the time of my initial post, the Charter of Representation, Amalgamation and Pwnage has now won full legal force, failure to meet minimum standards of "No NCU! gief 131 wranglor nau!" will be vaguely disapproved of by this most august person.

Kind'ish regards!
    Your beloved, absurdly well-hung leader
    Dogtrauma
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    Oh, come on. We have a lot going on and felt Fia needed to spend time working on the game this week (due to scheduling), and next week finish the letter. It actually is pretty exciting watching features take shape. I made a quick post to let you guys know what was going on.
    If all you're intending is a couple screenies or a 5 second video of walking through the grass after this, you should just fess up and admit you just didn't feel like writing the letter.

This isn't even worthy of trolling! I feel like...disenfranchised.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

You all just need to knock it off. There are not many game developers out there who even bother to take the time to write to the community every month, let alone take the community input so seriously. Lindelu and her entire team have a lot on their plates right now, and have shown us progress over the last few months. You may all think that funcom owes you everything, but you need to get off your high horses. The development team are doing the best they can, and honestly if I were game director i'd just tell you all to piss off.
    Ipewpewu Director of Omni Org Pack of Noobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Firasting View Post
    You all just need to knock it off. There are not many game developers out there who even bother to take the time to write to the community every month, let alone take the community input so seriously. Lindelu and her entire team have a lot on their plates right now, and have shown us progress over the last few months. You may all think that funcom owes you everything, but you need to get off your high horses. The development team are doing the best they can, and honestly if I were game director i'd just tell you all to piss off.
    Don't be so stupid.

Blizzard does Dev blogs.
    Hi-Rez does talks with the forums about Tribes:Ascend and SMITE.
    RIOT is on the forums alot talking about upcoming changes in League of Legends.

Doing weekly/monthly 'dev updates' is something that has been around for years and is now a staple part of the marketing in the video game industry.

Get off your own high horse and polish your glasses.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

It is pretty common now, but I think the main thing here is not to flip out because it is going to be a few days late. It's not like Soon™ was used for the time frame. We were given a time window of only a few days for its availability
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO fansite worldwide - Site Manager || Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Don't be so stupid.

Blizzard does Dev blogs.
    Hi-Rez does talks with the forums about Tribes:Ascend and SMITE.
    RIOT is on the forums alot talking about upcoming changes in League of Legends.

Doing weekly/monthly 'dev updates' is something that has been around for years and is now a staple part of the marketing in the video game industry.

Get off your own high horse and polish your glasses.
    Even so it doesn't give people the right to be pricks. There's an old saying "if you have nothing nice to say don't say it" until you actually do something serious enough to be a solution you have zero right to bitch. I have been raised to assume positive intnt, where you raised to feel better for yourself by treating others like crap?

Even so it doesn't give people the right to be pricks. There's an old saying "if you have nothing nice to say don't say it" until you actually do something serious enough to be a solution you have zero right to bitch. I have been raised to assume positive intnt, where you raised to feel better for yourself by treating others like crap?
    I agree with you, there is a polite way to say you do not agree on something or that you are frustrated on something.

It`s easy to forget that we are dealing with a human at the other side of the screen... Right now treating others like crap give a powertrip to somes, but few will have the guts to say it in front of them or to see how it can hurt people in the long run.

I would like that people think about the way they write things before or when they call someone from customer service, the nicer you are with them the harder they will work for you and with you.

I agree with Firastang, generating 1 page of information per month is a bit of an unrealistic expectation on the part of customer. Ya'll just keep those feelings bottled up inside!
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Absolutely. Everyone should just chill out. I mean what's next, expeting them to charge our credit cards on time?

Quote Originally Posted by Louderer789 View Post
    I agree with Firastang, generating 1 page of information per month is a bit of an unrealistic expectation on the part of customer. Ya'll just keep those feelings bottled up inside!
    Yep. Maybe we should change it to a yearly update. Then FC don't have to say nothing for another six months. Just think of how much they'll have to tell us then. Why, they may even need 1/20th of a page!

It is kind of interesting how people:
    • Complain about there not being any progress
    • Complain about the monthly update not meaning anything
    • Complain when extra progress is made, because it delays this "meaningless" update

If I didn't know better, I'd say people just love complaining
    Last edited by Demoder; Jul 1st, 2012 at 10:21:14.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

That "old saying" is hogwash. If nobody complained, nothing would be improved, it really is as simple as that. As for solutions, have you even looked in the Game Suggestion forum for the last 4 years?

There has been repeated topics about things everyone knows about and everyone hates and nothing has been done about it at all. And if something has finally been done about it, it comes 3 years too late. (See: Penumbra Pocket Boss)

At the end of the day, the remaining people in this game are here because they have a small hope that FunCom might actually learn from their multiple past mistakes and take the game in the direction it has needed to go in since 2007.

Everytime we see 'this is delayed' we're not surprised anymore, it just adds more fuel to the already sky-high flames and only reinforces the mindset that FC is just stalling for time, like they have been for so, so, so long. They have a track record of not delivering, it's not people being pricks, it's people running out of PATIENCE.

So stop trying to act superior about the whole situation.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    a lot is going on with Anarchy Online!
    Surely not ingame.
    PvP n' Stuff (more soon™)

Proud President of Mercenaries

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    That "old saying" is hogwash. If nobody complained, nothing would be improved, it really is as simple as that. As for solutions, have you even looked in the Game Suggestion forum for the last 4 years?

There has been repeated topics about things everyone knows about and everyone hates and nothing has been done about it at all. And if something has finally been done about it, it comes 3 years too late. (See: Penumbra Pocket Boss)

At the end of the day, the remaining people in this game are here because they have a small hope that FunCom might actually learn from their multiple past mistakes and take the game in the direction it has needed to go in since 2007.

Everytime we see 'this is delayed' we're not surprised anymore, it just adds more fuel to the already sky-high flames and only reinforces the mindset that FC is just stalling for time, like they have been for so, so, so long. They have a track record of not delivering, it's not people being pricks, it's people running out of PATIENCE.

So stop trying to act superior about the whole situation.
    Honestly I hope they read this thread and tell us to all screw off. People as said above are gonna bitch no matter what they do, and why should they bother to subject themselves to that. If you don't like AO and you want things to be more transparent like WOW there is a solution. Go play WOW.

Honestly I hope they read this thread and tell us to all screw off. People as said above are gonna bitch no matter what they do, and why should they bother to subject themselves to that. If you don't like AO and you want things to be more transparent like WOW there is a solution. Go play WOW.
    Amazing rebuttal for defending a game with population issues.

"GO PLAY SOMETHING ELSE"

Real cream of the crop argument right there.

Face it FC has a track record of not delivering and people are sick of it. Telling people to have more patience and be nice to the company who has crapped on its community from a huge height in recent years is the ramblings of a madman.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Funny thing is that right now when they're delivering people whine like crazy
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Funny thing is that right now when they're delivering people whine like crazy
    Can we possibly have a recap of what they've "delivered"?

There's an old saying "if you have nothing nice to say don't say it" until you actually do something serious enough to be a solution you have zero right to bitch.
    If the "old saying" is the one you have put inside the quotation marks, then - that's the most stupid "old saying" I have ever heard.

Let me introduce you to another old saying: "The customer is always right."

I update my players when I'm working on something big. I even slip in tantalizing little bits like "A Shinra Helicopter now follows you."
    Screwed over for the last time.

Go find a new game to play, this one no longer deserves respect.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast