Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good job on 18.5

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    AO's mature and intelligent players cannot handle a simple market interface without getting scammed, it seems
    Touche.

There have been some nice changes in 18.5 and some not so great changes. Overall, I hope the development team considers the comments on the general thread pertaining to 18.5 and to the threads focusing on certain aspects of it. I am personally gratified that so many player seem to have empathy for the community in general, making comments that would benefit the game and the entire game experience. Others seem much more focused on narrow aspects that benefit a few or possibly even one. There are problems with gmi that make it much easier to perpetrate a scam. Can one avoid these by being extraordinarly careful. Yes, most of the time. Personally, I don't see well and have a very hard time with the new GMI. I am sure some well meaning person will suggest I should just quit the game. Buy why? Is there not room in the game for all? Do changes have to adversely impact players that may not be graced with all the attributes the few seem to enjoy? Most of the comments seem to recognize the game should be for enjoyment and a community. A few seem to see it as proving something beyond the capability of any game to provide. So my thanks to the developers for this work, and I hope they take the comments and make the game experience better for everyone.

I am just sad that I no longer can earn profits on having a gms next to grid ^^, and what about the insane tax levels on items I may never sell (used to be able to hope for a nice deal from someone buying my OP stuff^^), all in all; great idea for AO economy and for people wanting to find reasonably priced goods, but a horrible patch for me ^^. Now Im forced into a career of honest trading :/

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Dragam View Post
    I am just sad that I no longer can earn profits on having a gms next to grid ^^, and what about the insane tax levels on items I may never sell (used to be able to hope for a nice deal from someone buying my OP stuff^^), all in all; great idea for AO economy and for people wanting to find reasonably priced goods, but a horrible patch for me ^^. Now Im forced into a career of honest trading :/
    Howso?

GMI is scammland, there are so many way to gain millions from scamming ppls with missing zeros.

FC should add zero grouping to GMI, or else do cccp way where scamm is accepted as game feature.

PS 1: Beware i still hold tons of ql1 supples /strong/obs!

PS 2: Dust 514 aka eve planet iteraction is gonna be released sooner, and eve players asked for it at least since 2008, now what about new game engine, that we are asking from about the same era?

The GMI is powerful, could use some tweaks regarding taxation and I'm sure other players can provide feedback to improve it further still.

The well known Traderjill from RK2 has made a series of video tutorials to teach AO players how to use the new GMI (thank god, I won’t have to do that).

You can check out the Youtube playlist of the tutorials here. Do please give positive feedback and thumbs up to her great videos.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by drakio View Post
    cccp way
    In Soviet Russia, You scam Market?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    In Soviet Russia, You scam Market?
    ops i added an extra c!

and btw in soviet russia u scammed ppls not only markets ;p

I love the new trade interface too!

There's a bunch of features that I haven't mastered yet, or even used yet, but they look very cool and the fact that they're even there opens up a world of possibility.

I'm happy with other changes in 18.5 too but the new tradeshop interface is the most obvious.

Good job Funcom!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    As an example ... someone (I won't name names as I think that is against the forum rules)
    set up Buy Orders for Basic clothes, the ones you run around and make so people can build combined armor.

He/she set up Buy Orders for sleeves, gloves, pants, headchips, vests ... all for 100 units at 1 credit each ... well I assume 100 units each as the current status of the buy orders has an even 100 units on the gloves and boots, why set them for a different number.

If my assumption is correct about the 100 units ...
    In less than 2 days ... 6 people have accidently sold this one person basic clothes for 1 credit instead of the 3m - 10m they intended ... 3 vests, 2 sleeves, and one pant.

This is why I think this is a problem with the GMI and should be fixed and more impotantly should not be used to take advantage of people unfamiliar with the way the Sell button works.

Edit: To test how easy it might be to accidently sell to a Worthless ... Low-Ball - Buy Order ...

I placed a buy order of my own for a Basic Vest for 2 credits so it would be better than the person above who set up the 100 buy orders for 1 credit.
    I deposited a basic vest into my market inventory, waited until it showed up and clicked the Sell button, I was matched to the "best buy order" of my 2 credit order.
    I clicked the "sell to buy order" button and immediately the order is done and gone, no confirmation or other chance to say woops I didn't want to do that.
    Granted the screen tells me in small faded print that I am only making 2 credits ... it is still too easy to accidently sell to a Low-Ball buy order!!

In my case I don't mind spening the 1000 credits a few times to see how this works as I bought the 2 credit vest from myself.

Kinnik
    These Low-value Buy orders are continuing to be used in the new GMI presumably to scam people as they are for items that do not make sense to transfer between the order-placer's toons on the two servers. I am seeing new buy orders for 100 credits for basic clothes for example, while the same toon has sell orders 5m - 10m per item.

Kinnik

So there should be some sort of check that makes sure you can't put out buy-orders for any item at a cost of less than a developer set minimum? I think you're just going to have to live with it. And hey, it lists the guy's name, so unless he's using an alt to do it with you now have the identity of an asshat.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I also think that the new GMI is great! Good job FC! The buy orders are a game changer and totally worth it! In org chats I've seen many more people praise the GMI than bash it. Thumbs up!

I did not find it difficult to learn or use at all.

Edit: The only thing I don't like is how the flagging system works with auras. Too easy to passively get flagged.
    Last edited by horrible; Jun 26th, 2012 at 18:10:16.
    I am Horrible

Quote Originally Posted by horrible View Post
    I also think that the new GMI is great! Good job FC! The buy orders are a game changer and totally worth it! In org chats I've seen many more people praise the GMI than bash it. Thumbs up!

I did not find it difficult to learn or use at all.

Edit: The only thing I don't like is how the flagging system works with auras. Too easy to passively get flagged.
    I didn't mean to say the GMI is bad, just some suggestions to improve it ... FC asked for suggestions afterall. I posted my suggestion to the General GMI suggestion thread ... will post any further suggestions there instead from now on ...

I definitely agree the new flagging system is too easy to get flagged for passive auras ... not just the keeper one.

Kinnik

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by ylnotixe View Post
    It seems like another poorly thought out move. It now seem that keeper, soldier perks, some crat, and some adventurer perks/nanos/speeches in the area of either flagged players or some npcs trigger the 5 minute pvp flag on the person running the perk/nano. I cannot believe this was intentional and should be fixed immediately. Every time my keeped gets near a guard of any type, get a flag. This might be great from some perspectives, but it is horrible for the regular player. There are other posts about this, but since this is a general comment on 18.5.......

Does it work said the developer to the user
    Well, what do you want it to do replied the user
    I really don't know said the developer
    Then I really can't tell you if it works or not

The user than vanished leaving only a smile behind

In case someone missed the point, it we don't know what the patch was supposed to do, we can't tell whether a change is intentional or a bug.
    It's not intended that some items with use actions and some aoe/auras affect the hostile (flagged) players in the vicinity (and cause you to become flagged when running by).

This was a result of a change we did to ensure people healing or aiding flagged players would get a contagious flag, and we plan to address the instances where it back fired.

I'm setting up a Known Issues section in 18.5 with this on top so you know what to report!

Linde

ps. I like your poem (;
    Last edited by lindelu; Jun 27th, 2012 at 04:51:41.
    Former Game Director of Anarchy Online.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    I didn't mean to say the GMI is bad, just some suggestions to improve it ... FC asked for suggestions afterall. I posted my suggestion to the General GMI suggestion thread ... will post any further suggestions there instead from now on ...

I definitely agree the new flagging system is too easy to get flagged for passive auras ... not just the keeper one.

Kinnik
    We very much approve all the suggestions that we've received, and I do understand why some of you just write "I don't like it!!¤%&/&¤#"#¤%&/&%¤"#¤" - you may be afraid that we will not care to listen and fix the things you are concerned of. We're trying to answer questions when we see them, as we believe you'll like this new system more once you've had the chance to toy with it and once you've seen your favorite concern addressed.
    Former Game Director of Anarchy Online.

Good job on the GMI makes buying items simpler/ easier. Been trying to get a nano from inferno sanctuary for a while... bit hard with old system had to get someone to go get it while I was online. GMI solved this I made a buy order and poof it's filled in no time. Selling items, well supply and demand plus time limits = sketchy income scenario.

On the side of birthday content thanks for making plenty of the old stuff available and

"There is nothing you could loot inside."

Thanks for the Desert Rider fail. Looking forward to remembering a let down again next year.
    Copperneedle 207 doc Ex-president Whisper's Edge
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

New Perma-Resident to Test Live

Binarybits 220/26/70 President of :
    Loyal order of the Guinea pig

after taking all of 30 seconds to figure out how to use the bloody thing i gotta say i kinda like it. takes some getting used to but infinately better than running around to hicksville PW to buy something, then back to oa, to check the next item, then run to 4 holes, back to oa, broken shores (those nw cities furthest from any mode of transport, back to oa, etc just to pick up a couple items.

EDIT: and if a couple careless people get scammed for not reading it's their fault. my amazing powers of literacy (and my laziness) say this gmi is pretty damn good.

Going out to a city can be a pain, but getting back was never hard or take long. Just take the city whompa to Newland and use the gms there. Saved a lot of time, no tthat it matters now. On another note, it would be nice to have the side of the sell order/buy order identified. Not sure I would go back to clan not seeing omni and vice versa, but knowing which side was selling would be useful to help me choose who I want to transact business with.

Quote Originally Posted by Deemure View Post
    Going out to a city can be a pain, but getting back was never hard or take long. Just take the city whompa to Newland and use the gms there. Saved a lot of time, no tthat it matters now. On another note, it would be nice to have the side of the sell order/buy order identified. Not sure I would go back to clan not seeing omni and vice versa, but knowing which side was selling would be useful to help me choose who I want to transact business with.
    i play a fixer. i meep out an i can fgrid myself. still more of a pain than the current system.

The change of pvp-flag was a bit short-minded I think. In effect they cut the pvp-experience down by 10 minutes. Just beeing flagged/open to attack (in sneak, near a by etc) in the world is an existing gaming-experience in itself.

15mins seems as a short-pvp-session. Apart from that, it's an ok patch.

Just need to be able to paste into the gmi!
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Here's another really nice pro about the GMI, specifically the portable GMI. Everyone's complaining how it's mobile factor is useless -- here's a use for it: collecting uniques. Farming FRNs has never been so simple ;O
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Defenders of Rubi Ka (PvM)
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by jijie2 View Post
    have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast