Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good job on 18.5

Smile Good job on 18.5

Well, I bitched a lot about the GMI in its early inception on Testlive.

And now I can see it on Live with real data.

I love it. People around me tell me they love it.

Good job FC!

Are we playing the same game?
    Because Race Yalm

I gotta agree with Majoroutage here, You REALLY playing the same game?

I think so far i've seen 1 person I know say they like it, versus a multitude of others that are either hating it outright, having issues with parts of it, can't find a damn thing etcetc...

Can't say i'm impressed.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

we are.. and maybe it is that I have a bit more experience with the new GMI..

to sell an item:

1. You Deposit a bunch of items into the GMI.
    2. You select your item and click Details.. it shows who's selling the same item and for how much
    3. You can then decide to create a Selling Order and sell it..

Sorry.. it's just 3 clicks!

AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post

to sell an item:

2. You select your item and click Details.. it shows who's selling the same item and for how much

AWESOME!
    I see ... so after 3 or 4 weeks of practicing the rest of AO might get used to it?

I think it still has some work before I would say it is done, particularly the post on another thread where someone claims to have tricked someone else into selling a full set of ql 300 CC for 100 credits each piece.

Kinnik

I too love the new GMI. It's made me think about renewing my account again after all. They did a great job with it.

Definitely still a few things that need fixing - it should be more clear how to NOT sell to a particular buy order and make your own sell order instead, and the numbers definitely need commas.

Otherwise it's fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    I see ... so after 3 or 4 weeks of practicing the rest of AO might get used to it?

I think it still has some work before I would say it is done, particularly the post on another thread where someone claims to have tricked someone else into selling a full set of ql 300 CC for 100 credits each piece.

Kinnik
    Come on

There's nothing in the interface that can trick you into selling a full CC set for 100 creds!

NOTHING!

Someone said.. this is a new interface within an interface.. that person was right.
    Learn to use it. Like you learn to use a new car before taking a highway at 130 km/h.
    Last edited by Ocene; Jun 20th, 2012 at 20:41:21.

Kinnik
    It's as easy to trick someone into selling CC for 100 creds as it was to trick people into buying a lockpick for a billion creds in the old system. In other words, if you actually look at what you're buying or selling, you're completely safe.

The GMI + the new logon, makes me think the future is bright.

Way to go FC!

The GMI + the new logon, makes me think the future is bright.

Way to go FC!
    Yes, forgot to mention how much I love not having to quit the game to switch toons. Still getting used to it, keep quitting out of habit

I think the GMI will be a tool that, over time, we as a community will appreciate having but I understand why people aren't appreciative of it right now.

Honestly I feel this was a big leap forward and I really hope that, as they've stated, improvements will continue to be made so that this does become the type of tool that we all love.

That being said, the implementation of the GMI feels like a punishment to the playerbase. Playershop income was removed and then a significant credit sink was added. So not only are players in an organization paying a creation fee and a sales tax but they now also have to dig in their wallets and pull out even more money for upkeep. Top that off with the fact that their org cities lost functionality. So basically you're paying the same amount of upkeep but now you've lost your org-only shops.

They need to disable upkeep for a month or two while they work out the org bank situation and figure out how tax money is going to be filtered back to the orgs. That really is the bottom line from my perspective and what I stated before this was released.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

If i do as Ocene did, will I have free monthes subscriptions too? ^^

Come on

There's nothing in the interface that can trick you into selling a full CC set for 100 creds!

NOTHING!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwifruits View Post
    It's as easy to trick someone into selling CC for 100 creds as it was to trick people into buying a lockpick for a billion creds in the old system. In other words, if you actually look at what you're buying or selling, you're completely safe.
    The auto-match to buy orders can easily 'trick' you into selling to a low-ball buy order if you can't figure out how to back out of it and hit a wrong key ...

With the old market you at least had a chance to see the transaction in the pending window before confirming it ...

Here is the quote from the guy who claims to have tricked someone into selling the set of CC ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    This new GMI is awesome! I got a full set of 300 CC for 100cred each piece!

Thanks FC!
    Kinnik

The auto-match to buy orders can easily 'trick' you into selling to a low-ball buy order if you can't figure out how to back out of it and hit a wrong key ...

With the old market you at least had a chance to see the transaction in the pending window before confirming it ...

Here is the quote from the guy who claims to have tricked someone into selling the set of CC ...

Kinnik
    The only way you can buy your supple , is to create a Buying Order for 100 creds.

If someone is stupid enough to try out the new GMI with 300 CC...and not understand it ... so be it.

Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

And FC can't really fix human stupidity...that's something you have to accept as part of life.
    Last edited by Ocene; Jun 20th, 2012 at 22:50:42.

Kinnik
    Hi. Where in my post does it say I tricked someone into doing that? Learning to read is hard! Which is why I got the CC set. The items were sitting there for 100creds all on its own...without me saying anything prior to the seller. People's stupidity = profit!

Thanks!
    Based God.

Kinnik
    Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    Hi. Where in my post does it say I tricked someone into doing that? Learning to read is hard! Which is why I got the CC set. The items were sitting there for 100creds all on its own...without me saying anything prior to the seller. People's stupidity = profit!

Thanks!
    Forgive me ... but in my book when you notice an 'issue' with a newly patched market system and take advantage of that 'unintended' feature and of someone not knowing the system yet ... I call that 'tricking' the person into selling to you for 100 credits. Either that or you are boosting and it didn't really happen.

I have first-hand experience that when you use the "sell" button ... the logical choice based on the button labels ... the market system assumes you want to sell to ANY buy order no matter the price. Apparently the correct button to use is "details" ... why it was called that I have no clue ... if you want to see current orders and decide if you want to sell to them or place your own sell order.

Taking advantage of another's inexperience is "tricking" them ...

Kinnik

It labels the one it pops up with "best matching buy-order", and I find it unlikely that it should pick a 100 credit buy-order if there's a 1 billion buy-order for that same item. But if it does, then let's put that on the list of things that are bad.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    It labels the one it pops up with "best matching buy-order", and I find it unlikely that it should pick a 100 credit buy-order if there's a 1 billion buy-order for that same item. But if it does, then let's put that on the list of things that are bad.
    I agree .... in the case I have first-hand knowledge of, the Only buy order was for 1 credit. There are a number of items that way, the only buy orders are for 1 credit.

Kinnik

to sell an item:

AWESOME!
    So lets see. AI shops gets useless, same with cities soon,

Lets say i have 1h to play daily. So i want to sell some items, and fast coz im broke and soon i have to log due to real life stuff.

Tbh i sold more than 100m in items in the gmi crap launching day, over shopping chan/dnet.

I just have to

1.Get a tell from someone saying "ill take it"
    2.I reply "Ok wru"
    3.Then again i say "Omw to you".

With 3 clicks and a few seconds i get to meet the person, give the item and receive the creds.

Meanwhile i see Funcom, completely lost in a game implementing stupid ideias,killing boosts and expansion packs items included, over the years. Was the same with SL overwriting Rk, making everything useless, and now, AI. What do i do with my 1Billion city now?

Beat that.
    Last edited by Slynn; Jun 21st, 2012 at 00:03:56.
    Somne 220/30 Advisor of Equilibrium7
    Mercha 150/20 Advisor of Equilibrium
    Slynn 60/6 President of Equilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    Better stick to killing. Youre much better ganker than song writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I agree .... in the case I have first-hand knowledge of, the Only buy order was for 1 credit. There are a number of items that way, the only buy orders are for 1 credit.

Kinnik
    As an example ... someone (I won't name names as I think that is against the forum rules)
    set up Buy Orders for Basic clothes, the ones you run around and make so people can build combined armor.

He/she set up Buy Orders for sleeves, gloves, pants, headchips, vests ... all for 100 units at 1 credit each ... well I assume 100 units each as the current status of the buy orders has an even 100 units on the gloves and boots, why set them for a different number.

If my assumption is correct about the 100 units ...
    In less than 2 days ... 6 people have accidently sold this one person basic clothes for 1 credit instead of the 3m - 10m they intended ... 3 vests, 2 sleeves, and one pant.

This is why I think this is a problem with the GMI and should be fixed and more impotantly should not be used to take advantage of people unfamiliar with the way the Sell button works.

Edit: To test how easy it might be to accidently sell to a Worthless ... Low-Ball - Buy Order ...

I placed a buy order of my own for a Basic Vest for 2 credits so it would be better than the person above who set up the 100 buy orders for 1 credit.
    I deposited a basic vest into my market inventory, waited until it showed up and clicked the Sell button, I was matched to the "best buy order" of my 2 credit order.
    I clicked the "sell to buy order" button and immediately the order is done and gone, no confirmation or other chance to say woops I didn't want to do that.
    Granted the screen tells me in small faded print that I am only making 2 credits ... it is still too easy to accidently sell to a Low-Ball buy order!!

In my case I don't mind spening the 1000 credits a few times to see how this works as I bought the 2 credit vest from myself.

Kinnik
    Last edited by Kinnikinnick; Jun 21st, 2012 at 01:01:11. Reason: more details

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast