Thread: social-only biodome armour in item shop, please

Question social-only biodome armour in item shop, please

Considering all the other kinds of social-only armours that are there right now, why not these as well? They do look pretty neat, especially on a trox - and, at least in my timezone (GMT+8), it's not easy to find a biodome raid to go with to get the chance at a piece you need, especially if you only want it for the looks (I'll leave the issue of the helm not/rarely dropping for another time).

As for social armours in item shop in general... lower the costs for most of them, and make them all cost the same. Why should the ICC guard set cost so much more than sentinels/OTAF when neither one does anything except provide a new look?
    Blackgnat - 202 agent (paid, mostly relegated to buffmonkey duty)
    Spongecrat - 201 crat (paid)
    Fathandwaver - 154 trox NT (paid)
    Spongeguns - 54ish sold (paid)
    Scarak - 80ish fixer (froob)
    Engysponge - 59ish engy (froob)

I'd like to add the old-school dust brigade armor for consideration as well. The stuff that drops off PW DB generals (kronilis and friends)

Quote Originally Posted by sponge View Post
    As for social armours in item shop in general... lower the costs for most of them, and make them all cost the same. Why should the ICC guard set cost so much more than sentinels/OTAF when neither one does anything except provide a new look?
    They look nice and people want them, so they are able to charge more. Supply and demand.
    Last edited by Silvana; Jun 15th, 2012 at 22:17:52.
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO fansite worldwide - Site Manager || Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Silvana View Post
    They look nice and people want them, so they are able to charge more. Supply and demand.
    I think you just mean "demand", because the supply is unlimited.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

The phrase was used to get the point across. Associative phrasing, they call it.

It actually still holds true even the way I said it, however. Supply doesn't have to refer to how many of an item exist, but also how many the producer of the item is willing to offer. This may be unlimited for now, but they've removed things before without notice. As this is something people have shown more interest in, they raise the price accordingly until the interest wanes.

AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO fansite worldwide - Site Manager || Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!

To the OP: I hope my comments helped a bit. If you have any other questions about it, feel free to contact me. I don't want your thread to be hijacked by nonconstructive responses to your original topic

Supply has always been a variable based on demand.
    It's what we call business...
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

when FC implemented the soical tab...it was one of my most beloved part of AO...covering my ugly cloaks and armor with better looking armor..and being able to not swap imps/etc to wear different armor parts...example is wearing beast pads in social window ..while having better pads on..,etc withou have to perk/twink/etc.

some cons and pros of soical tab window. before the soical tab days...if you see someone with Beast armor...you knew they've to work hard to get it.....now these days....you know they've to have RL credit ^_=.

Making every armor availble to buy from ingame store shop for soical ..makes farming and getting a team or raid/group to get that armor..seems less special.

So if one can make a lv1 toon and just go and buy all the availble armor from the ingame store for soical look...not impressive.

so yap..i'm against haveing Bio Armor for soical buy form ingame store..if they do start selling that...might as well start selling "ARK" or "GM" soical armour/clothes wear too ^_=
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

The omni version is probably the only armor-set I've I seriously considered loosing my 1k token-board for.

I would buy this set if it came out. Have no interest in buying the others.
    Just log your 220.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokutonoken View Post

some cons and pros of soical tab window. before the soical tab days...if you see someone with Beast armor...you knew they've to work hard to get it.....now these days....you know they've to have RL credit ^_=.
    This is why I got the full set for my advy and people think it's a replica, but when they open up to inspect....surprize!
    Anyway, beast armor is a poor example nowadays, seeing as most of it is left to rot or just became social for alts.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2