Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Get the Chance to become a Founding Cabal in The Secret World!

Quote Originally Posted by vallikat View Post
    Are there actually people here having trouble with the concept of Funcom reaching out to the customers they already have with an offer on their new product?

(pageclaim for Marketing 101)
    People here have trouble with the concept of being customers in the first place, so is that surprising to you?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Are there actually people here having trouble with the concept of Funcom reaching out to the customers they already have with an offer on their new product?

(pageclaim for Marketing 101)
    Its bitterness 101.
    ಠ_ಠ

Hear it not Duncan, for it is a knell
    That summons thee to heaven, or to hell.
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

cynical 101:

• EA (referred as "slayer of creative software" or short "socs" from here, friends call it "sucks") started developing SW:TOR
    • Socs started promoting SW:TOR in SW:Galaxies
    • Socs offered optional transition packages for players, guilds, their dogs and their aunts
    • Socs canceled the word "optional" from their agenda by shutting down SW:Galaxies in favor of SW:TOR
    • Funcom (known as legends of "soon™")starts developing a new game
    • Funcom starts promoting a new game with transition bonuses and whatnot
    • ... Profit?

EA is publishing TSW ^^
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

How the collective brain of Funcom works:
    1. See game suffering from low population problems.
    2. Promise (lol.) to work on these problems.
    3. Encourage the five remaining players of the game to transfer to a new game.

So when I see threads like this one.

I am not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Arguru View Post
    3. Encourage the five remaining players of the game to transfer to a new game.
    OHH!!! I get it now!! I didn't realize that people could only ever play one game. I always thought people could enjoy as many games as they like/can afford. I gotcha! Gee, silly me for not realizing that! Don't I feel foolish!
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

That's really enough, people. Take it elsewhere.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    Take it elsewhere.
    http://instantrimshot.com/

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    This is now my new favourite website.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

So I can duplicate Cosmic Forklift Inc. in TSW? Sounds fun, if only we didn't lose our website domain name and hosting...
    RK1 - Malaxia - NM Bureaucrat (220/30/70) - Master of soloing
    RK1 - Telbruk - Solitus Soldier (220/30/59) - Mostly harmless
    RK1 - Telbewbs - Solitus Doctor (220/30/65) - Raiding assistant
    RK1 - Telbot - Atrox Adventurer (59/4) - Lovechild raid bot
    RK1 - Sumonia - NM Meta-Physicist (83/6) - Mochies totem
    RK1 - Coustaille - NM Engineer (52/0) - Totw Twink
    Test - Mala - Solitus Agent (220/30/70) - Council of Testers

President of Cosmic Forklift Inc. & General of Primal Evolution & Live Liaison of Council of Testers

Everything you need for your crat is here
    Testlive fun : MMOATP and more! Join us!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisax View Post
    Also, as for myself, I already have a lifetime account, so the advantages will be for the org only, if selected.
    You already have a life-time TSW account, before it's even launched? What did you have to do for that... or is it a secret?

On a more general note... I love how so many posts here manage to throw a heavily negative spin on the company giving some freebies to established customers.

Meh.... it is what it is, I guess.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Quote Originally Posted by XtremTech View Post
    You already have a life-time TSW account, before it's even launched? What did you have to do for that...
    pay 200 euros and you can have one too

Don't I feel foolish!
    you should! who goes out in public wearing a hat like that?!
    Last edited by Lazy; Jun 14th, 2012 at 21:09:34.

Quote Originally Posted by XtremTech View Post
    You already have a life-time TSW account, before it's even launched? What did you have to do for that... or is it a secret?
    I know I'm a very mysterious person but, in this case, a lifetime account is just called "pre-ordering a Grand Master pack".

Sorry to disappoint you. I used no special power. But at least you can now tell Agent K that the good old Chrisax infringed no rule about his presence on Earth.

Side note: if only FC had made lifetime accounts for AO in 2001... what a deal it would have been for me.
    Chrisax
    MP 220, AL 30, Research 70, active, Born on Rimor
    In AO since 2001
    Founder and elected President of Athen Paladins
    www.athenpaladins.org
    Member of the Clerical Staff of the Council of Truth

I wish TSW had been a singleplayer product :| then they could've made the gameplay be more interesting. As it stands it just isn't a very good game
    The Red Brotherhood

I tried registering on the tsw_signup_beta site using my Funcom account. It says "This Username is already taken" which is true because it is my account but I do not remember signing up for the beta.

Do I need to create a new account for the Beta?

Can the secret society be changed afterwards?

I tried to register on my funcom account page but there was no beta option, just a preorder option.

You can use your AO account for the beta if you have a key, just log in and use the key in the "input key" field.
    The Red Brotherhood

I think it's kinda cool that we can carry our orgs over to the new game and have the same name.

I am just amazed that there are 50 orgs left that can fill a 6 man team in AO let alone in any new game. Guess it doesn't hurt to try.

How about doing something to help out AO. Anyone that signs up for the new game also gets a paid account in AO. Two for the price of one, would make both games more appealing. It's not like it would cost Funcom anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Socrattes View Post
    How about doing something to help out AO. Anyone that signs up for the new game also gets a paid account in AO. Two for the price of one, would make both games more appealing. It's not like it would cost Funcom anything.
    For totally new people, why not. (To prevent old AO accounts from abusing the system to get the game for free.) But really I'm not sure of the effects..

Anything that can help AO is good. (I considered selling kisses for this but I don't think I'll get any money.)
    Chrisax
    MP 220, AL 30, Research 70, active, Born on Rimor
    In AO since 2001
    Founder and elected President of Athen Paladins
    www.athenpaladins.org
    Member of the Clerical Staff of the Council of Truth

Quote Originally Posted by Socrattes View Post
    I think it's kinda cool that we can carry our orgs over to the new game and have the same name.

I am just amazed that there are 50 orgs left that can fill a 6 man team in AO let alone in any new game. Guess it doesn't hurt to try.

Dude, it's a sweepstakes. You sign your org up and you have a chance to win to be ONE out of a total of 50 winners. It's not about 50 AO orgs. It's about 50 slots total that you can win one of.
    The Red Brotherhood

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast